Help Wanted Assistant Artist! Backgrounds, background characters, and speech bubbles...

KyuRyu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 1, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay, so I have this manga that I'm willing to do or die. This one to be exact :

This one.

Though I feel like I do major characters and details with a high enough degree of speed and quality for my preferred art style, I can't do background fast enough or good enough. And adding speech bubbles and text just plain slows me to a crawl.

Here, I have noticed a lot of the artists around are actually really good at backgrounds, so I figured I'd ask here. I am sad to say that I have no means of payment, though I do plan on one day publishing this... so maybe if you're willing to wait on an unsure thing haha...

Examples below.

1
2
3
 

KyuRyu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 1, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Small bump
 

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
The thign is, in the western amateur community it's far more common to be experienced at drawing characters and only the better artists can draw backgrounds well. So if you're looking for a guy that can draw backgrounds well, that guy is probably a better artist than you, so he might not be happy about just being your assistant. That's why I think you're having a hard time finding someone. Until you're of a level where your projects are extremely promising, there's little hope people would be willing to be assistants. For now, you shoild take on the whole project by yourself. Well, at least that's my advice.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Hm, but on the other hand, maybe he'll find someone that's willing to practice and evolve with him. Then that person could work on backgrounds. But I agree with you, blade, that's a good tip.
 

KyuRyu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 1, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its more of a time consuming thing, really. I find I spend a lot of time doing the backgrounds of panels and figured I would see if there was a chance for another person's help (Yeah a long shot, but trying is more than expecting things to work out anyways.) to speed the process up. And it was only an attempt, I'm confident enough in my ability to do it myself if nothing presents itself.
 
Top