Voting Round 2 Asuna Yuuki vs. 2B

Who wins?

  • Asuna Yuuki

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • 2B

    Votes: 37 84.1%

  • Total voters
    44
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I meant "machine slayer" in the sense that she slays machine, not that she is a machine that slays (I am not sure if that is what you got from my post).
I know, but you said badass android just before that XD
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I know, but you said badass android just before that XD
But she is quite literally an android. Even in the game she is called that. whats going on here?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
But she is quite literally an android. Even in the game she is called that. whats going on here?
Just read back 1 sentence. The first post you quoted he said because of niichan saying robot/android doesn‘t apply to 2B, so he took a few posts of people saying that as an example.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Just saying that in the game machine and Androids are two different things, in fact the fight is going on between them as the machine were created by the aliens that invaded the earth while the androids were created by the humans.

So yeah machine and Androids are two different things, not the same in the game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,445
Gender
Male
Country
France
Asuna makes a good waifu, she is fine as a character as well but there is no promotion and I don't like her so much.

On the other hand, I don't think I learned anything special about 2B either. Voting for 2B, mostly because of her looks :oh.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
There is not a single post stating to have voted for Asuna. It pains my heart to see my friend Holt all alone here. Yeah, Asuna seems to be just a meme character (I don't know her), but even the most meme or bland characters get some support in form of posts in other threads. There is no way I leave Holt alone here. I'm ready to take on niichan's bitching on slack!

Voted Asuna!

syx against the odds! :zomg
(soon... banned by niichan)
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,677
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
There is not a single post stating to have voted for Asuna. It pains my heart to see my friend Holt all alone here. Yeah, Asuna seems to be just a meme character (I don't know her), but even the most meme or bland characters get some support in form of posts in other threads. There is no way I leave Holt alone here. I'm ready to take on niichan's bitching on slack!

Voted Asuna!

syx against the odds! :zomg
(soon... banned by niichan)
Yeah had to put in a pity vote as well :noworry
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Asuna makes a good waifu, she is fine as a character as well but there is no promotion and I don't like her so much.

On the other hand, I don't think I learned anything special about 2B either. Voting for 2B, mostly because of her looks :oh.
Asuna is a bland character from a bland anime everyone has seen. You could talk what little there is to talk about her without really spoiling anyone. With 2b there is plenty to talk about but it gets somewhat difficult to do so Without giving massive game spoilers.

Anyways, i am going to try to explain about her without spoiling this marvelous game. The games setting is basically the year 11000. Humanity has retreated to the moon due to an alien invasion 8000 or so years ago. The alien army is made out of machines. The force that stayed behind to fight them is made out of Androids. 2b is a battle type android. The game revolves around the exploits and experiences of 2b and 9s, a male scanner type.

The two of them specifically work for yorha, an elite android division. Yorha through the game gives them missions. Most of them revolve around destroying threats or gathering intelligence on machines which have begun acting in unusual manner. So basically tue setting is a couple of elite androids fighting a thousand year old war that got weird.

Personality wise 2b appears to be all business. She does her job quickly, efficiently and beautifully. She has a fun side as she is also shown teasing others occasionally but that doesn't show too often. The game largely revolves around her interaction with 9s and the strange and disturbing individuals she meets during her quest. And also, her guilt...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,333
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Does the game explains why a futuristic android dresses like a goth lolita?
Not the game but iirc the developer gave some backstory on that on an interview.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Yes because the color black is basically heavy symbolism and no because the developer said "I just like girls.".
That was why the Android wear high heels not why their clothes are black and white ( and yes it have a meaning to why black and white )

Yoko taro is really a fun guy.
 

Gut's is the man

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
4,802
Reaction score
3,386
Age
29
Country
United States
2.b that is all. She was from something of actual quality.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
2B it is. I... never quite understood what people like so much about Asuna.
she's rich and a doormat with a veneer of personalty.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Asuna makes a good waifu, she is fine as a character as well but there is no promotion and I don't like her so much.

On the other hand, I don't think I learned anything special about 2B either. Voting for 2B, mostly because of her looks :oh.
SPOILER, SPOILER
she's a stoic like character with a sassy streak who fight with magnetically controlled sword and a op drone pod, she can self destruct to destroy her skirt so her underwear sticks out, she follows order in her war but is really just tired of the endless fighting and wants to be at peace, she goes out of her way to help friendly machines,

Oh and heres a big one she programed to execute her companion and love interest if her learns the secrets of their organization and has executed him several times in spite of her love for him.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top