At what age do you start feeling old

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
how about it? I always thought 30 but already am feeling t
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not old yet. But I'd say 40 if you are pessimistic about how you age or 60 if you are optimistic.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,962
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
When I graduated :feelsbadman it was at 22. I even took some random test on YouTube few months ago and it said my mental age is 30+. Though it's not accurate I guess
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,197
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Dunno. I consider people are getting old when they are 60+, but it depends on how you see yourself, I guess. I'm still in my twenties but have felt like an old hag sometimes, and young at other times.
 

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
665
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
I turned 22 last year and ohmygod that sounds/ feels so much older than 21 for some reason .-.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Depends on your mental and on your body. If your mind is fresh and energetic, and your body is fit and/or energetic, then you can be running 65 and still feel 24. I think gnut is a best example of this.

However, if you're not taking good care of yourself, then you could be 22 and feel 65. I am a great example of this, but this is because of commuting traffic.
 

Final_Boss

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Age
41
Country
United States
If you eat healthy and exercise, then you should never start feeling old.
 

Finalbeta

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 3, 2018
Messages
5
Reaction score
34
Age
31
Country
Italy
It really varies from person to person.

Personally around 35 I might start to.
 

TrienDarkform

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
589
Reaction score
770
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Mentally, always trying to learn new things and new skills, and solving new problems, keeps your mind flexible and sharp. Wisdom does tend to come with time and experience, which maybe does cause one to feel 'old' sometimes, even if having new insight into things can be quite exciting. :^_^

Physically, after working for almost a couple decades, you start to feel it unfortunately. Stiff back and joints, sore muscles. Exercise helps with that, but wear and tear does take its toll.

Eating well and sleeping well on a regular schedule does far more than we give it credit for, if you ask me. Shift work especially messes with your body's hormone rhythms, and increases your risk factors for all sorts of things.

As my father used to tell me, take care of your body for the first 30 years of your life, and for the rest of your life your body will take care of you.

(Yeah, I was a biochemist in a former life, and I still work in a health related field.)
 

xallisto

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
556
Reaction score
74
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm 32 and i don't feel at all old. You're only old if you tell yourself your old.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I hate this fukan thread:gnut
I mean, aren't you like 60 or something? Perfect thread for you to educate us whippersnappers. `
 

TrienDarkform

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
589
Reaction score
770
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Since the waifu wars have rolled around again, this occurred to me:

When you get old enough that you could be the parent of some of these characters in these shows, and your thoughts are less along the lines of, "who would be fun/interesting/etc. to be with," and more along the lines of, "would I be happy if my son/daughter grew up to be like this?" :-_-
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,079
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyday since past 20.

:whynot
:dumpster
:feelsbadman
@gnut , @zimbardo
Don't miss this thread, tut tut.
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,079
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good for you zimbs - :cheerbunny

The nature to troll, bad jokes is at times too strong.
Prolly for me when i hit 40, balancing the inner youth whilst online is quite difficult at times.

Now please consider the thread you suggested. :nod :nod (Sounds like it will be a good one)
 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

Samael Morningstar

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
4,556
Reaction score
4,471
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
I'm sure I'm never going to feel old at any age
 

TitaniumOxide

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
1,339
Reaction score
1,123
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ever watched George Carlin? Some people are old when they turn 25, some 75. Basically what people said. Are you 60 but enjoy biking, sky diving, kicking it lookin at ass at the bar and gym? Congrats you don' seen old at all. Are you 20, sedentary, doesn't do much, and have a regular day job you go to everyday and repeat? Congratulations, you're old. Also a robot npc.

So take control of your lives. Being old or young is up to you. I am 28 and I do not feel old, althought right now I did hurt my sciatic nerve so I cannot do too much for the next few weeks, I usually balance my time. With my injury, I have some more free time so I actually just got into woodworking. It's a very relaxing activity actually. Then, even when I have "me" time I balance it. Comedy show like Archer and Parks and rec one day, League of legends gaming another. Lots of outdoor and hiking time. I take care of animals on some Sundays. And I got a lovely gf that takes care of me so I cannot complain or be boring, it wouldn't be fair to her. We like to fill our tank up and literally drive out and get lost. We live in Cali so we get high everywhere we go and taking in all that nature is amazing. Driving across the USA and Canada multiple times is on the bucket list. Oh and Iceland too. Ever seen roadtrip vids from Iceland? It is gorgeous. Goddamnit the more I think about it now the more I feel like a hippie. Hhahahahaha ONE LOVE!

Edit: We aint planning on having kids so that gives us more time to spend money on being young. Planning on doing a marathon when I turn 65.
 
Last edited:
Top