At what age do you start feeling old

Vis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2019
Messages
588
Reaction score
911
Country
United Kingdom
Usually when you start living on your own with minimal help from others, particularly, your family.
Either happens when you move out or go off to university or something.

Started feeling it when I turned 19. Having to work to actually be able to feed myself was no piece of cake lol.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,110
Reaction score
12,875
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I'm 25! My life is boring yet it passed so fast. I remember things happened when i was 15 as if it was yesterday. It's insane how time flies and you grow older just like that. It Feels like im in a fast train, Every station takes a year but it feels like an hour.

I feel old every passing second, It's depressing when you think about it too much.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,069
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm 25! My life is boring yet it passed so fast. I remember things happened when i was 15 as if it was yesterday. It's insane how time flies and you grow older just like that. It Feels like im in a fast train, Every station takes a year but it feels like an hour.

I feel old every passing second, It's depressing when you think about it too much.
Aye~ :comfort
Wait till you get to 37 and you'll understand this Ol' Cha's depressings. :notlikethis
 

Makasa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
9
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Well, I don't feel old and I'm 27. Honestly, there was one moment about a year ago when I thought my life had been passing and I hadn't achieved much and etc. But I recovered quickly and now I try not to think of that and focus more on how life can be great and exciting.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,759
Reaction score
26,069
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For me it started from the age of zero until 5, to present. ...

:shootme
 

Nanabtree

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
12
Age
33
Country
Norway
My personal experience is that my view on what's "old" changes as I get older. 🤷‍♀️
 

Ethic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
13
Age
39
Country
Fun Forum
In a philosophical sense it depends on what you you define as old. Is it a feeling to you, a state of living so to say, or do you look at the biological factors?
We could also say, how long do you see yourself as 'young' or 'in your youth'?
Sociologist are constantly debating on how long someone can be defined as 'youth' /'adolescent'.
Some are taking biological factors as the measuring focus and will tell you that adolescence ends as soon as you've finished puberty or after your brain is fully developed (18 ~25 years old).
Others take social indicators like managing your life independently, moving out, having finished a primary education that allows you to go to work and earn a living etc. Some of those definitions adolescence can last up until the 60's.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, sure I've also been getting older, but that doesn't mean I do less stuff, maybe I do different stuff now.
I for example don't go partying that hard anymore, I couldn't even if I wanted to because I know if I'm out on Saturday until sunrise I'll run around screwed up at least until wednesday, which I can't afford since I have another degree of responsibilites to carry now that I'm older and my interests also changed.
I'd say enjoy your life regardless of such labels, just keep being active and pursueing goals :)
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,169
Reaction score
4,704
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki


104 year old woman: "Two doctors told me if I continue to drink so much Dr Pepper, I would die. But they died first."

...

She's 104 and doesn't appear to feel old. Gives me hope for the future!
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just feel like the same worthless loser since I was in school. Just change school with a job I hate and there you go.
and I don't want to hear anyone's worthless "just work hard" advice. Because that doesn't help anyone.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I just want to make it clear that I am not saying
that hard work isn’t important cuz it is.

But you can work hard and never get anywhere.
 
Top