Discussion Attack on Titan - Live-action movie

This movie will...

  • be great!

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • be good, but not as good as the manga

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • be mediocre and forgettable

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • suck!

    Votes: 6 35.3%

  • Total voters
    17

POW

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
575
Reaction score
368
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I just watched last night after posting that so now I can give a proper review. Firstly the 3 divisions are setup a bit differently.


Military Police - Are like the commanding officers and they wear black military suits.

Garrison - Use long rifles and operate the cannons.They wear brown suede looking jackets.

Survey Corps - Use 3-D gear and swords. They dress the same as manga.



First thing you notice is that in the live action world they are more technologically advanced. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but begs the question how did they loose a war when they have tanks, planes and bombs.



What I didn't like:

- You know what really annoys me about this show was how everyone stands around when the titans are about to break through and the walls are shaking. I'm like how much longer do you need to stand there.

Same thing happens later when Eren is having a private moment with a female soldier and notices a titan looking at them. He just sits there rather than move.

- Eren's titan form looks ridiculously bad




Overall:


I'll admit it wasn't as bad as I imagined it might be but it wasn't necessarily good either. It was somewhere between meh and okay. I don't care so much that they changed some of the elements as that is expected in the transition. I'd give it a 5/10 .




I'm pretty sure they have the 3Dmg in the movie... don't they?

Also, I read that the live-action mini-series (3 episodes) is a "bridge" between this movie and the 2nd one that has yet to premiere.
Only the scouting legion has 3-D gear.
 
Last edited:

Haze

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2015
Messages
92
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Also, the 3dmg came into existence overnight. And also, 3 years and Mikasa's wound was still fresh. Also, she'd have had her liver, a kidney and half of both intestines chewed off if this was any legit.
 

Haze

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2015
Messages
92
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Is it just me or does the Armoured Titan look like a Female Titan with cement poured over it?
 

PIXISSUUU

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2014
Messages
120
Reaction score
41
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I felt cool with the Japanese actors almost immediately. However, so much of the main plot is changed, and it moves way too fast such that you never really bond with any of the characters. The last straw was when they started thier missions in trucks/humvees instead of horses. Everything clever about the manga (i.e. signal flares and horse formations, etc) were all gone. Unfortunately, it was a wasted opportunity.
 
Top