Fantasy - August Dragneel vs Diabolos Guild | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy August Dragneel vs Diabolos Guild

August Dragneel vs Diabolos Guild

• August Dragneel

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Diabolos Guild

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

HybridTheory

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Participant 1 : Wizard King August Dragneel

Participant 2 : Diabolos Guild Wraith, Kiria, Madmole & Skullion Raider

Conditions
Death battle
No time limit
No restrictions

The members of Diabolos have to go through Alvarez to find one of the five dragons but August is on their way and refuses to let them leave Alvarez alive.
Diabolos members are determined to kill August.

Who wins ? And with what difficulty ?

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The Only threat is Wraith since he's a ghost. But I'm gonna give August the benefit of the doubt that he has a way to counter it. Since he's mastered all magic.

Beats up everyone else.

August Mid-High Diff

EDIT: Nvm no way its going to high-diff. Mid diff max

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
August. The only one that might be a problem is Wraith. Even saying that, Wraith can't really do anything to him.

So long as we give August the benefit of the doubt and say his Magic lets him affect Wraith then he low/mid-diffs. Madmole will be the hardest to take down due to his beefy defence, but August should be able to get through it.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's funny how August is the only character among the Spriggans who is respected and given his value. And I know why , because it was shown he went against Gildarts.

And everybody fails to see the ridiculous amount of PIS and type counters in the fights of the other Spriggans.

Anyway , in this fight , August low diffs.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
August, what can they do?
Even for Wraith, what can he do? Wraith hits August with his magic, August becomes a Ghost Dragon Slayer, he then sees Wraith and then beats him up with his own magic.
It's funny how August is the only character among the Spriggans who is respected and given his value. And I know why , because it was shown he went against Gildarts.

And everybody fails to see the ridiculous amount of PIS and type counters in the fights of the other Spriggans.

Anyway , in this fight , August low diffs.
It's also because he soloed Crime Sorciere. His feats, unlike most Spriggans, are solid. Kicking Crime Sorciere and Gildart's ass? That's some good shit

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
August low diff same way he did with Crime Sociere.

MangerDan

Reaction score
Country
United States
August wins mid diff Madmole might cause a it of trouble though.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
August stomps.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

August will have no trouble with Wraith since he probably already copied Jacob's magic.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's also because he soloed Crime Sorciere. His feats, unlike most Spriggans, are solid. Kicking Crime Sorciere and Gildart's ass? That's some good shit
It's not because his feats are "solid" , it's because he doesn't have any PIS low showings that made the viewers like him. Even the other Spriggans have got good feats , it's that users here ignore them because of their low showings. Ignoring the context of the fight , ignoring their good feats.

I'll give a classic example. Brandish is lowballed saying , " Oh , she couldn't stop an enhanced Neinhart , whereas Natsu two shotted him , so she's fodder ! " completely ignoring the fact that Natsu's organs were being manipulated by her just two panels later. Completely ignoring the fact that magic power has got nothing to do with durability . Natsu would probably oneshot Brandish if he hit her with his attack , does that mean her MP is less than him ? No ! Durability has got nothing to do with magic power. Neinhart might've had shit durability to get two shotted by Natsu. Had Neinhart used his historias , Natsu would've been fucked since his historias would've been a lot more powerful than before. And multiple at a time.

Wendy and Erza are wanked saying their MP was matching that of Irene even when we have Wendy stating that her MP is nowhere near Irene , just because Erza's slash harmed Irene which has got nothing to do with magic power. Zeref is lowballed saying he struggled against base Natsu even when we have himself as well as Irene confirming he's playing around , and the fact that he oneshotted base Natsu at the end of the fight and forced him to go DF is ignored by everyone. Completely ignoring the fact he had enough power to easily enchant a frickin' dragon into a human , created a spell capable of oneshotting an entire army of 1 million soldiers , can stop time , can immobilize people and can do to them what he did to the book of END and what August did to Mira. Larcade is lowballed saying he lost to WSD Sting even when we've got his feats of flooring Gildarts and Laxus , completely ignoring the fact WSD Sting was immune to his spells. Serena is lowballed saying he got oneshotted by Acno completely ignoring the fact Acno was playing around while fighting the other 7 DS and wanted them alive , whereas he was serious while attacking Serena and Gildarts. Completely ignoring the fact that Serena stomped Jura and 3 other characters who were roughly equal to Tartaros Jellal.

I can go on , but this is what I wanted to say. That users here don't at all consider what impressive feats the Spriggans have shown , and only crop their low showings , which were completely situational. August doesn't have low showings , so he is not lowballed. Users don't like the other Spriggans , so they lowball the shit out of them.

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's not because his feats are "solid" , it's because he doesn't have any PIS low showings that made the viewers like him. Even the other Spriggans have got good feats , it's that users here ignore them because of their low showings. Ignoring the context of the fight , ignoring their good feats.

I'll give a classic example. Brandish is lowballed saying , " Oh , she couldn't stop an enhanced Neinhart , whereas Natsu two shotted him , so she's fodder ! " completely ignoring the fact that Natsu's organs were being manipulated by her just two panels later. Completely ignoring the fact that magic power has got nothing to do with durability . Natsu would probably oneshot Brandish if he hit her with his attack , does that mean her MP is less than him ? No ! Durability has got nothing to do with magic power. Neinhart might've had shit durability to get two shotted by Natsu. Had Neinhart used his historias , Natsu would've been fucked since his historias would've been a lot more powerful than before. And multiple at a time.

Wendy and Erza are wanked saying their MP was matching that of Irene even when we have Wendy stating that her MP is nowhere near Irene , just because Erza's slash harmed Irene which has got nothing to do with magic power. Zeref is lowballed saying he struggled against base Natsu even when we have himself as well as Irene confirming he's playing around , and the fact that he oneshotted base Natsu at the end of the fight and forced him to go DF is ignored by everyone. Completely ignoring the fact he had enough power to easily enchant a frickin' dragon into a human , created a spell capable of oneshotting an entire army of 1 million soldiers , can stop time , can immobilize people and can do to them what he did to the book of END and what August did to Mira. Larcade is lowballed saying he lost to WSD Sting even when we've got his feats of flooring Gildarts and Laxus , completely ignoring the fact WSD Sting was immune to his spells. Serena is lowballed saying he got oneshotted by Acno completely ignoring the fact Acno was playing around while fighting the other 7 DS and wanted them alive , whereas he was serious while attacking Serena and Gildarts. Completely ignoring the fact that Serena stomped Jura and 3 other characters who were roughly equal to Tartaros Jellal.

I can go on , but this is what I wanted to say. That users here don't at all consider what impressive feats the Spriggans have shown , and only crop their low showings , which were completely situational. August doesn't have low showings , so he is not lowballed. Users don't like the other Spriggans , so they lowball the shit out of them.
Uhhh... yes it is, feats are why people are impressed with August. You can cry PiS all you want, but at the end of the day the feats are what they are, August's are good, Spriggan's are bad. In fact it is exactly as you said, August doesn't have low showings, so no one lowballs him. You can only tolerate so many contrived explanations or cries of PiS before you just acknowledge that the spriggans are performing poorly because they are just, that, weak.

atlantisreturns

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Uhhh... yes it is, feats are why people are impressed with August. You can cry PiS all you want, but at the end of the day the feats are what they are, August's are good, Spriggan's are bad. In fact it is exactly as you said, August doesn't have low showings, so no one lowballs him. You can only tolerate so many contrived explanations or cries of PiS before you just acknowledge that the spriggans are performing poorly because they are just, that, weak.
Ok . So , if we consider your logic , Acnologia can't catch up to Christina , and can't knock out any of the dragon slayers. Jellal gives him a high diff fight. That means he was false hype , if he can't knock out people like Rogue and Wendy in one hit. That means Touka can defeat him , considering she no diffed Jellal and Jellal actually gave Acnologia a high diff fight.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ok . So , if we consider your logic , Acnologia can't catch up to Christina , and can't knock out any of the dragon slayers. Jellal gives him a high diff fight. That means he was false hype , if he can't knock out people like Rogue and Wendy in one hit. That means Touka can defeat him , considering she no diffed Jellal and Jellal actually gave Acnologia a high diff fight.
Oh Acno is a jobber alright, no need to convince me of that, but he at least needed to be defeated by the entire continent combined. Good feats count too, they don't make the bad ones magically disappear though. As for Touka. we'll see how good she is in a fight.

Plutogrim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How is August taking them all down?

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh Acno is a jobber alright, no need to convince me of that, but he at least needed to be defeated by the entire continent combined. Good feats count too, they don't make the bad ones magically disappear though. As for Touka. we'll see how good she is in a fight.
Good feats depends on the reader.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Good feats depends on the reader.
Pretty much everything depends on the reader on this forum, it's why there's so much discussion.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How is August taking them all down?
Because he knows enough Magic to destroy Kyria and Skullion right away. Tanked All Crush and Fairy Glitter so Madmole ain't doing anything either. August uses thought projection (I'm gonna say he can to one shot Wraith)

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
August stomps.

Acnologia did catch up to Christina, and he can rip the guts out of the dragon slayers if he wanted to. The only reason he didn't was because he wanted them alive, and was toying around with them. He only got serious when Wendy started to enchant all their powers into Natsu, and by then it was too late because Fairy Sphere had already trapped his body. The difference between Acnologia fighting the dragon slayers and say.... Irene vs Erza and Wendy, is that Irene used her best attack against Erza with her deus sema. Acnologia just kicked the dragon slayers around and gloated. Now I don't agree at all that Erza or Wendy had more magic power than Irene, they don't. That doesn't change the fact that they pushed Irene to a high difficulty fight.

Also, Jellal didn't give Acnologia a high diff fight. He did, however, do better than most of the dragon slayers against Acnologia. So credit where credit is due.

I disagree with the Spriggans being weak, but there's no denying that most of the core members of the Fairy Tail hit harder and can take harder hits. August and Irene aside, once you get around their hax most of the Spriggans are no better than Gajeel when it comes to a brawl. Some like Jacob and Neinhart (and I would even argue Brandish) are far worse. None would match someone like Laxus.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
August stomps.

Acnologia did catch up to Christina, and he can rip the guts out of the dragon slayers if he wanted to. The only reason he didn't was because he wanted them alive, and was toying around with them. He only got serious when Wendy started to enchant all their powers into Natsu, and by then it was too late because Fairy Sphere had already trapped his body. The difference between Acnologia fighting the dragon slayers and say.... Irene vs Erza and Wendy, is that Irene used her best attack against Erza with her deus sema. Acnologia just kicked the dragon slayers around and gloated. Now I don't agree at all that Erza or Wendy had more magic power than Irene, they don't. That doesn't change the fact that they pushed Irene to a high difficulty fight.

Also, Jellal didn't give Acnologia a high diff fight. He did, however, do better than most of the dragon slayers against Acnologia. So credit where credit is due.

I disagree with the Spriggans being weak, but there's no denying that most of the core members of the Fairy Tail hit harder and can take harder hits. August and Irene aside, once you get around their hax most of the Spriggans are no better than Gajeel when it comes to a brawl. Some like Jacob and Neinhart (and I would even argue Brandish) are far worse. None would match someone like Laxus.
I'm exaggerating, as I generally do when I talk about spriggans, they're weak compared to what we expected of them. Do you remember the old days when we actually thought spriggans could solo several FT members at the same time? When we used to think Ajeel losing to Erza was just pure luck on Erza's part? That when a spriggan lost it was just PiS? And then PiS again, and again... and again. But after consistently mediocre showings those kind of excuses really lost all meaning. Which is where that has left me now, calling them weaklings any time they are compared to any main fighter in FT, because honestly they just don't measure up.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm exaggerating, as I generally do when I talk about spriggans, they're weak compared to what we expected of them. Do you remember the old days when we actually thought spriggans could solo several FT members at the same time? When we used to think Ajeel losing to Erza was just pure luck on Erza's part? That when a spriggan lost it was just PiS? And then PiS again, and again... and again. But after consistently mediocre showings those kind of excuses really lost all meaning. Which is where that has left me now, calling them weaklings any time they are compared to any main fighter in FT, because honestly they just don't measure up.
You could say that about a lot of villains in other arcs as well. If they're other guilds in the arc the chances of a villain defeating a FT member is lowered (unless there's some plot reason for them to win)