Feedback Author search functionality?

fallacies

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Taiwan
There seems to be no means of easily searching the archive by author besides manually finding their name through browsing and then clicking it. Is there something I'm missing, or is this the only way to search by author?

If the latter, would it be possible to include "author" as a search field?
 

Osso

Tech
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Tech
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
392
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
The search from the homepage is already looking in the author field. So I'm not sure what to add there.

But I have a good news for you, there's a link from each member profile to the list of his/her releases. I'm assuming that should solve your problem.
 

fallacies

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Taiwan
The Home page search from "Search for Manga Releases" on the author "YOSHIZAKI Mine" results in the following:
http://mangahelpers.com/search?q=YOSHIZAKI+Mine

Using the Browse menu and clicking the name "YOSHIZAKI Mine" results in the following:
http://mangahelpers.com/manga/browse/?writer=YOSHIZAKI Mine

These are rather different results. The search option on http://mangahelpers.com/manga/search/ does not include an Author field.

To clarify, by "author" I do not mean Raw uploader or Scanslator. I mean the original creator of the manga.
 
Last edited:

Osso

Tech
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Tech
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
392
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Ah you are meaning the author of manga... The author for a release is the uploader for me. Indeed there's no search for releases by manga author
 

fallacies

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Taiwan
Do you think it would be possible to include something like this within the search?
Or too difficult/time-consuming?
 
Last edited:

Osso

Tech
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Tech
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
392
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
it's not too difficult, time-consuming by itself but there's already too many tasks in the queue...
 

fallacies

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Taiwan
Well, okay. If it's possible, could you add it to the queue so that you'll eventually get around to it? It seems to be a pretty big thing to be missing on a manga archive site.
 

Osso

Tech
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Tech
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
392
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Sure I will add it.
 
Top