Miscellaneous - Auto-Training tool = Seeking Programmer to do html | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Miscellaneous Auto-Training tool = Seeking Programmer to do html

Silver_Sea

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
[EDIT] Formerly "Auto-Edited Manga" - Credits to Crayola for the name change. Sorry if the first title had been misleading.

Hi, Silver here. I'm a trainer with Urakai Scans and I have trained 3 newbies into Manga Editors the past month and QC'ed numerous tests, but frankly speaking, it was a heavy investment that I don't want to repeat.

...hence the design of this software designed to take the trainer out of the picture. That's right, trainers, FREEDOM!! :tem

For Manga Editors in training - more freedom too.

The software mimics the training process:
Test 1, Easy ( 5 pages) --> Trainer
---> Feedback --->Test 2 Intermediate ( 5 pages) --> Trainer
---> Feedback ---> Test 3 Advanced ( 5 pages) --> Trainer
---> Feedback --->Test 4, Blank ( 5 pages) ---> Trainer

Trainer is important because:
1 Is gatekeeper to next level
( if newbies attempt something too difficult for them, they will quit. Or they can just quit anyway, no reason needed. :p Which I completely understand - just don't join my group and waste my time, right? Right - so this system will allow the newbie a chance to "test drive" the process on their own time, which I think is only fair. So both the newbie and the trainer benefit.)
2. Trains the newbie faster than a tutorial because of the targeted Feedback.
3. Points out blind spots

The software replaces the Trainer by:

1. Stops the newbie from going to the next step if they are not ready.
2. Returns the completed test with list of problems to self-QC
3. After self-QC is done, the newbie resubmits the test and the preloaded "model answer" revealed.

Screenshots
2 nav bars:
The top one is a resource bar
The left one directs the job seeker to his or her specialty

Each stage starts with Instructions, Tutorials, and ends with a test. After they press continue, the next level opens.

I can explain the function of each button in further detail if you like.

So Anyone interested in helping me? Let's see if technology can really convert more lurkers into Manga Editors =E

@Programmers - I think this software will be of great, great benefit to the Edited Manga world and the html is just standard.

@Manga Editors - tell your group leader that such a technology exists.

@other readers - I'm hoping it can be done by Dec 21 - pm me if you wanna be beta testing it.

Last edited:

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Auto-Edited Manga tool = Seeking Programmer to do html

nice, sounds interesting

Silver_Sea

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Thanks for offering to beta test it.

@programmers - there's no need to hand code it or anything - if you're familiar with Front Page / Dreamweaver I don't think it will be hard. A lot of it mimics standard web pages /login pages, so if you've done one you can do this one.

I can draw you the architecture in addition to the script, but I don't have the time to design the graphics and do the debugging and all the nitty gritty stuff. :D

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Good idea, however html wouldn't suffice in this case, you would need a combination of php and mysql, which makes it a lot harder..

Basically what you want is:
- Loginsystem from trainees and trainers
- Testsystem for trainees where the trainers check the quality and give tips

That needs to be recorded in databases, and changed with PHP, as I'm currently a software engineering student I'm considering taking up this projects as an educational project for myself, and then of course share it with the community

~hopefully revived this
kudos,
~nerieru