Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

The problem is always translators. Pretty much anyone can typeset, but translators are extremely rare as they are always already loaded with other projects.
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

As I said, don't worry, there are still people working on it.. you just have to be patient.. :)

and, for BECK - I'm I only one who actually enjoyed anime way much than manga?:)
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Haven't watched the anime. I really dislike any anime based of a manga since I hate wasting my time watching all those fillers. :darn
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

rankgain said:
Haven't watched the anime. I really dislike any anime based of a manga since I hate wasting my time watching all those fillers. :darn
not all series based off manga have fillers, especially if the manga is complete.

Anyways, my bro says the ending for the anime is horrible. Also, i remember reading someone's opinion about the series and they honestly werent impressed with the songs. I tend to agree, from what i saw, none of the engrishy singing impressed me (how often can full moon sway impress, especially when there isnt anything special about the song or the singers) but i would think it would be nice to hear a series about music
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

This serie it's about rock , if you don't like rock , just read the manga and imagine them singin pop , rap , hip-hop , reggae,salsa or wathever you like . The manga have "that" particularity , the anime use very good songs as : Spice of Life (Typhoon24) , brainstorm (big muff) (from tropical gorilla) , Hit in the USA (beat crusaders) and some other good songs . But you must see beyond the music , the serie tells you about the problems of a youngster and all those things . Obviously , reading more than 1 opinion is advised , just to see it from different points of view . Personally , the anime has no fillers , it's the same as the manga from vol.1 to vol.11 . I advice watching it ,then you sure will want to read the manga.
 

rankgain

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
580
Reaction score
11
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Roocketman said:
This serie it's about rock , if you don't like rock , just read the manga and imagine them singin pop , rap , hip-hop , reggae,salsa or wathever you like . The manga have "that" particularity , the anime use very good songs as : Spice of Life (Typhoon24) , brainstorm (big muff) (from tropical gorilla) , Hit in the USA (beat crusaders) and some other good songs . But you must see beyond the music , the serie tells you about the problems of a youngster and all those things . Obviously , reading more than 1 opinion is advised , just to see it from different points of view . Personally , the anime has no fillers , it's the same as the manga from vol.1 to vol.11 . I advice watching it ,then you sure will want to read the manga.
I've read the manga up to about volume 18 and still going, but since you guys are recommending the anime and saying that it is filler-free, I think I'm gonna try it.
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

The anime doesn't have any fillers, but rather it leaves some stuff out. Most of the things left out are relatively small and don't have any real effect on the story. However, it kind of affects the way the story feels if you know what I mean. Some of the dirtier jokes are left out, they don't mention actual pop culture icons as much etc. Overall though I liked the anime, it was the perfect thing to get me reading the manga. Esp that crappy ending I was like no fing way, I'm gonna have to check out the manga.
 

Roocketman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

It's true that the Anime does not have all the stuff about REAL bands and Icons of the Rock and Pop culture because of the licenses,in the manga they are much more permisives, but the anime is good , you can hear the performance of some very good songs such as spice of life and Brainstorm .
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Well for anime, yeah, ending was.. well.. weird :) But I just loved the music, and style.. great :) I love the soundtrack, can't wait until it comes out in USA.. its must have :)
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Aladar said:
Well for anime, yeah, ending was.. well.. weird :) But I just loved the music, and style.. great :) I love the soundtrack, can't wait until it comes out in USA.. its must have :)
I agree the music in the anime is awesome. I actually watched the anime first before reading the manga. I would say I llike them both equally. In the anime you get the awesome soundtrack while in the manga the story is much more elaborated.
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

Epul said:
I agree the music in the anime is awesome. I actually watched the anime first before reading the manga. I would say I llike them both equally. In the anime you get the awesome soundtrack while in the manga the story is much more elaborated.
It's only shame that "Soundtracks", which have been with French, German and Japanese version of manga isnt with USA version too.. :( There was some pretty good tracks!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

what's the latest mq/hq chapter available? I got chapter 80 for LQ, and that's the latest I've got.
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

baboysai said:
what's the latest mq/hq chapter available? I got chapter 80 for LQ, and that's the latest I've got.
Well, if manga-updates is right, last HQ chappy is 73 from MangaONE, and chappy 79 from flux..
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

yeah they got some untranslated stuff appearing in the LQ... -_-
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

It's better than nothing. The people who worked on that aren't great at Japanese and had to put a lot of time and effort in. It's too bad there isn't someone more proficient but that's how it is.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

I'm grateful for that though. Whatever translation I can find. ^_^
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

baboysai said:
I'm grateful for that though. Whatever translation I can find. ^_^
I am grateful to! I think we should appreaciate what they are doing. Hey it is not that easy you know.......

I' ve read until chapter 80 and man I was really supprised on how the story has developed. Kouyuki and Maho having problems in their relationship......long distance relationship is reall hard...could this be the end for both of them?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

i don't think so... it's still the "suspense" or "thriller" part in the story where the mangaka stretches the point of climax. You know, avalon, and koyuki and maho meeting. However I think it will be almost over, the story. -_- Avalon will be the determining point. If they are successful, then we know the rest of the story so that'll be the end of it. If they're not, they know it's not for them and that will be the end of it still, haha.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Discussion and RAW's

I don't think it is just about the Avalon. There is still the matter with Leon Sykes(i hope i spelled that right) and Ran. Beck sure has a lo of enemies....
 
Top