Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

BlaZeR

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
483
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ah :( I hate when mangas finish.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yeah but you'd also hate it when it continues on and on. So a good ending would certainly close the manga with a satisfied smile from the faces of the fans
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Yep and the manga BECK has been going on for quite a long time now.
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Well, none of us know for sure when BECK will end. I don't want it to be anytime soon, so don't jynx it :P
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Nobody's jinxing it. :amuse

I mean, for me it just feels quite right for it to end in a few more volumes. But of course, we really never know what's inside harold's mind.
 

Cyro11

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I also think a good end in time is quite the big deal. What's the point in extending a series when it's getting redundant? This is one of the things I love about Manga. Authors "dare" to finish their jobs, not like american comics, x-men or spiderman will run forever making you lose interest on the plot cause it's always the same.

Still, I think Beck's got a lot to say yet. I don't think it's going to go so smoothly as it might seem from chapter 81. I really hope it gets twisted, unfortunately I don't know japanese so I don't really know what's going on. And I don't want to!! Not untill it's scanlated...
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Not a lover of spoiler are we cyro? We share the same sentiments.

and I have to strongly agree with you on the american comics thing. Look at xmen. It has been going on for, what? more than 40 years?
Stories need to have and ending. and a proper one at that.

It may sound like I want V=Beck to end but I don't. Not until it's appropriate.
 

Cyro11

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Definitely not. For me the thiller of not knowing what's coming next it's the very best in life. So it applies of course to beck too!

I remember some arguments with people for putting spoilers without marking them as spoilers. I guess in a way that's what makes me not a forum guy. I don't wanna people spoiling my favourite series.

Long life to Beck! It's not appropiate yet!!
 

DudeusMaximus

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 21, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
Phase3 are gods! I'm usually a lurker around here... but I have to say. Phase3 are the best thing that's happened to manga in a long time. BECK HAS RETURNED!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Hello lurker DudeusMaximus :) good thing you decided to post, like cyro here. ^_^ Couldn't resist thanking phase3, i guess.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
of course! with phase 3 we regained all hope for Beck manga!

and welcome DudeusMaximus :party
 

Edgar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is it me, or is anyone else checking this thread and phase3's site every few hours daily for the next release? :P
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Yoshitsune has been sick, so much so that he was in the hospital for a few days. He got back online 3 days ago, and told me he was almost done with the translation for 82, but now he dissapeared again. I don't know why, exactly. But I'm thinking he went back to the hospital.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Hope Yoshitsune gets better soon. And going back to the Hospital twice in less than a week? :blink Must be a serious one.

Hey Edgar welcome to MH! :party :turtle
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I hope Yoshitsune get well soon....
Yo emery, send our best regards to him when he comes back.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Hope he does... 0.0 Going to the hospital is really stressful even when you're not sick. So sick people going to the hospital really worsens it.

Yep, emery, send our get-well soon greetings.
 

Edgar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really do hope there isn't anything seriously wrong with Yoshitsune :( Hope to hear him being 100% healthy again soon.
 

User#1337

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Country
United States
honestly, beck is one of those few animes/mangas that is better in a form with sound and movement that you can see. For only one reason though. You can actually hear how great the music sounds. :)
 

Cyro11

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
honestly, beck is one of those few animes/mangas that is better in a form with sound and movement that you can see. For only one reason though. You can actually hear how great the music sounds. :)
I trully understand what you mean. However I have to disagree. I think what makes this manga really interesting and powerful is the fact that we are the ones that have to imagine the music and the movement. The plot of course is great, but leaving up to the readers' imagination the music it's the greatest that Harold's done, at least for me.

Who hasn't found themselves trying to sing devil's way???
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Good point there cyro. Eventhough i've watched the anime and listened to the Beck soundtrack, whenever i read the manga, i will always be imagining some tunes in my head and imagining how the sound in the manga would sound like in real life.
 
Top