I'm very excited, this is a new work by masashi kishimoto, author of naruto, the most popular manga in the world right now. If you have any respect for the manga world then you should be looking forward to this.
No, the most popular manga in the world right now (and in fact, of all time if you consider tankoubon sales alone) is One Piece, not Naruto ^^;
Nonetheless, Naruto's #2 if you're only considering series that are still being published, and I'm looking forward to this even if I have absolutely no interest in baseball. I just hope it isn't too generic :/ Sports manga haven't been doing too great in Jump as of late but I think this will do decently if not very well in the rankings by virtue of the fact that it's done by Kishimoto-sensei, if nothing else...
Then again, while it is/was his dream to do a baseball manga, I think he's capable of better, something more different. I'm not saying it can't be great too, like how Slam Dunk made ordinary, realistic basketball amazing. But imo baseball might be limiting in some senses as after all, there are only so many ways you can hit a ball, but an almost infinite array of variations to ninjutsu (and taijutsu and genjutsu for that matter), for example. So even if this does well, I kinda hope his next manga after Naruto ends isn't a baseball manga :/ ... Or I should just wait and read Bench first and see how it goes X)