Hangout - Berserk General Discussion Thread | Page 44 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Wait, wasn't it a monthly already or I started to think like that because of the hiatuses?

It will resume as a monthly series, but for how long? It could be until the end of this year so 6 chapters, and it's not even sure there'll be a chapter in December with Christmas and all.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh well, all I need is for Guts and co. to get off the goddamn boat. Otherwise one could only hope that we'd see Elfheim in 2017 and I'm being optimistic here.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Young Animal is a bi-weekly magazine, so when Berserk came out of hiatus, it would have two chapters a month, instead of being a weekly or a monthly series. The magazine's format is pretty uncommon compared to the more popular series and the magazines they run in.

The arrangement sort of reminds me of Oku Hiroya and Gantz. He had several hiatuses during the run of the series, and a long one prior to the third phase in the story, which saw a change in schedule as well. Despite the series running in Young Jump, a weekly magazine, for a period of time he released a chapter only every other week. This changed in the final phase of the manga, and it became more regular again. Coincidentally this also happened after he finished working on a few side projects...Oku and Miura aren't the same person at all, but it still kind of funny.

Typically, monthly series have many more pages per chapter than weeklies or something like we're used to with Berserk. I'm going to assume they'll stay the same length however, since changes in schedule are usually there to support an artist's pace and productivity. All that being said, I'll believe Berserk being a regular, monthly series when I see it.

Bonefist

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Even if he continues with his twenty pages chapters, it's a good news that Berserk became monthly. If he keeps the rhythm, it will be perfect.

102jayday

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
omg its christmas in July!
I think Miura while he has been on a long break he has been doing pages each week to make it easier to release in the future.
I believe this chapter will be of Guts. It seems to be chapters of Guts then break ..chapters of griffith story then break.. and back to guts and repeat.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Even if he continues with his twenty pages chapters, it's a good news that Berserk became monthly. If he keeps the rhythm, it will be perfect.
Yeah, but that's my point, I don't think people should expect him to keep a rhythm. I think the news is a bit misleading...but hey, not trying to be a party-pooper.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah, but that's my point, I don't think people should expect him to keep a rhythm. I think the news is a bit misleading...but hey, not trying to be a party-pooper.

Sorry couldn't help myselfXD. Yeah you're prolly right, we shouldn't get our hopes too high.We never know what might happen, but it seems to me that the series becoming monthly makes more sense, and I'm wondering why it didn't happen much earlier? And this got me wondering if there will be an increase in the number of pages. Normally monthly mangas have more than 20 pages, how cool would it be if we had let's say 30 pages? Also I noticed that the episode will be featured in the last issue of the month. This should give Miura plenty of time to work on the episodes, if they always come out at the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
lol...

Which one of the issues doesn't really matter much, I guess an extra two weeks at the beginning is nice...but I doubt it'll make or break his schedule. Berserk was typically longer than a weekly series, but under 30pgs from my recollection. I'm guessing he has a decent head start in the amount of work he's done if he intends to keep a monthly pace.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
lol...

Which one of the issues doesn't really matter much, I guess an extra two weeks at the beginning is nice...but I doubt it'll make or break his schedule. Berserk was typically longer than a weekly series, but under 30pgs from my recollection. I'm guessing he has a decent head start in the amount of work he's done if he intends to keep a monthly pace.
Yeah I think so too. He prolly could keep this up for 5 chapters/months, he rarely works around Christmas, so any chapter will have to come out in the earlier issues of the month. Then it's the new year, and who knows whether Berserk will resume right away, or it will go into a break.
I think the reason the schedule changed is that maybe the magazine pressured Miura to finally release something, because if he didn't there wouldn't be a volume this year. For the publisher as long as there is a volume released each year it shouldn't be problem whether Miura takes breaks too often, but at one point he'll have to release some content enough to make a volume. Berserk in terms of sales does rather well in Japan, I believe that each time a volume is released there's about a million copies sold.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Honestly I'm skeptical that Miura is willing to work monthly for say, one year from now. Well it's a great thing if he is going to release new chapter on monthly basis, but for some reason I am also more inclined to believe that he'll only work his ass off until a new tankobon could be released. Shrugs, I'll believe it when I see it, I suppose.

AxelCross

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whoaaaaaa!!! FINALLY! -- is my first reaction, cause it'll be cool to have any Berserk released at all. But my next reaction is like some others in here in that I'm taking this with an Empire State-sized rock of salt. I think we could possibly get a good few chapters out of him within the span of a few months but after that it's up in the air. Anything is with Miura-sama. Yet still we all worship. Praise be to Miura. New Berserk is good news, no matter what follows....even if...it is...a year wait.....

*SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

Also holy shit it's been years and years since I last posted. Good to see there are still some old 'faces'. Omoshiroi. A new generation of MH-ers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I was looking at the preview with the announcement since it had the word "100 pages", and in fact it's just that the last 4 chapters will be republished as a reminder of what happened . No mention about the number of pages of the new chapter though.

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
God, this section will become lively again, finally it's been months, one of my favorite sections on MH is gonna have a good solid debate again. Nice to see you guys again. :p

We'll prolly know more details about this on July 24th when the chapter returns, it's not too far-fetched that Miura will release 10 chapters as a monthly release for a new volume....but we'll see where it goes, 10 chapters of Berserk straight is not something we've seen in our lifetime is it?

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
God, this section will become lively again, finally it's been months, one of my favorite sections on MH is gonna have a good solid debate again. Nice to see you guys again. :p

We'll prolly know more details about this on July 24th when the chapter returns, it's not too far-fetched that Miura will release 10 chapters as a monthly release for a new volume....but we'll see where it goes, 10 chapters of Berserk straight is not something we've seen in our lifetime is it?
He already released 4, I doubt those were included in the last volume, so at best we'll get 6 to make up 10 chapters.
Yeah hope we get a glimpse of Skellig in the upcoming chapters. I expect we'll get at least one chapter on Falconia, then we could move on to Guts and co. This would be the best gift really, if they were to reach Elfhelm this year.
Please make it happen, Miura-sensei!

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yes, them reaching Elfhelm will be the trigger to all discussions. After all, we squeezed every last drop of the previous chapters. Hell I could draw them from memory.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yes, them reaching Elfhelm will be the trigger to all discussions. After all, we squeezed every last drop of the previous chapters. Hell I could draw them from memory.
Yeah it's about time they reached it, we've been waiting years for this. The stuff in Falconia is about to be over anyway, with Griffith prolly being coronated but I still prefer we switched to Guts before that.

RaffoBaffo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
He already released 4, I doubt those were included in the last volume, so at best we'll get 6 to make up 10 chapters.
Volume 34 was the last one with 10 Episode.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Volume 34 was the last one with 10 Episode.
There's no definite number of chapters by volume, it's usually around 10. Just pointing out that there's already 4 chapters that were published, and that aren't featured in a tankobon yet.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
There's no definite number of chapters by volume, it's usually around 10. Just pointing out that there's already 4 chapters that were published, and that aren't featured in a tankobon yet.
Yeah, but in recent memory it's been 9. Before that it was 10, and then it varied prior to that.

But I wouldn't assume it'll still be 9, considering the possibility of the length of the chapters changing. I think it's unlikely, but it could still happen. If the new chapters are a bit longer, the volumes will probably have a smaller amount of chapters (same length overall though).