Hangout - Berserk General Discussion Thread | Page 67 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Yeah I know about "until next time" bit, but I didn't see anyone mention it. I guess a lot of people assumed we'd get another couple of chapters due to it being the norm the last few years.
I'm honestly so used to it by now I don't even pay attention. I typically troll the Berserk reddit because if anything comes up it will pop up there ASAP.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Community Awards are live! Click here 👆

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Husbando Wars nomination deadline is extended until Nov 23rd! Nominate your husband now!​

Jdmp53

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
New here!..All Caught up....I have to say that after ch 358..it looks like Griffith's body also hosts the child of guts and Casca and manifests whether he likes it or not during full moon nights...I wonder how griffith will be defeated and the child separated ..

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
New here!..All Caught up....I have to say that after ch 358..it looks like Griffith's body also hosts the child of guts and Casca and manifests whether he likes it or not during full moon nights...I wonder how griffith will be defeated and the child separated ..
I think it's one of the more tougher manga to predict, simply because it seems like Guts is against an impossible task. He does still have his Behelit, and Miura has all but hit us over the head with a sledgehammer regarding him losing his humanity, to the point where it's a bit too obvious. Maybe Griffith will surprise us. I've felt more and more that maybe the thing Guts will have to sacrifice for the greater good is his vengeance. And maybe Casca will be the turning point for that.

Or maybe Guts' Behelit isn't even his in the first place, which opens a whole bunch of other possibilities...

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I think it's one of the more tougher manga to predict, simply because it seems like Guts is against an impossible task. He does still have his Behelit, and Miura has all but hit us over the head with a sledgehammer regarding him losing his humanity, to the point where it's a bit too obvious. Maybe Griffith will surprise us. I've felt more and more that maybe the thing Guts will have to sacrifice for the greater good is his vengeance. And maybe Casca will be the turning point for that.
I don't think this series will end without Griffith x guts fight on a different scale at least once..too many stuff like how berserker armor is raring to let all out and how griffith is supposedly planning to invade elfhelm since it's based around a spirit tree which he has destroyed many over the land of midland for the "light tree" to spread out...

But..I guess he could come over his vengeance when he as i think if griffith is part of their child and they team up against the other 4 Godhands...i wouldn't mind that as well..
Or maybe Guts' Behelit isn't even his in the first place, which opens a whole bunch of other possibilities...
Didn't he pick up that behelit from the father apostle who tried saving his daughter in Black swordsmen arc.(stolen by the old doctor).it's technically isn't his but he can use it though if he has a sacrifice and put some blood on it right?..

Who do u think Guts will sacrifice if he needed to use behelit?..it has to be someone close to him right?..(i know it's a stupid question to ask but still)

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I don't think this series will end without Griffith x guts fight on a different scale at least once..too many stuff like how berserker armor is raring to let all out and how griffith is supposedly planning to invade elfhelm since it's based around a spirit tree which he has destroyed many over the land of midland for the "light tree" to spread out...

But..I guess he could come over his vengeance when he as i think if griffith is part of their child and they team up against the other 4 Godhands...i wouldn't mind that as well..

Didn't he pick up that behelit from the father apostle who tried saving his daughter in Black swordsmen arc.(stolen by the old doctor).it's technically isn't his but he can use it though if he has a sacrifice and put some blood on it right?..

Who do u think Guts will sacrifice if he needed to use behelit?..it has to be someone close to him right?..(i know it's a stupid question to ask but still)
It doesn't have to be human sacrifice. For Guts I think it could be simply his humanity. He can sacrifice his humanity and release his inner demon while fusing with his berserker armor to become first werewolf.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That's what I was alluding to maybe, but how we would get to that point is beyond me. It just doesn't seem like Griffith to not want to do something like that

When I say it's not Guts' Behelit, I mean that it isn't his to use. Clearly it wasn't the Count's either, that's why Guts has it in the first place. It would seem that it remains in Guts' possession due to an unseen force, but that doesn't necessarily mean Guts will use it. I could easily see it as a red herring or misdirect of some sort.

It's also worth noting that there's no evidence that Behelit are a one-time-use thing either.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It's also worth noting that there's no evidence that Behelit are a one-time-use thing either.
Honestly i need some sort of flashback arc on how the god hands were first formed and who created behelit..it's a fetish right..someone should've created or some force of nature..
Also when does next chapter come out?..it's been 5 months since last right..?..

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anyone want to put odds on whether GoT or Berserk will actually ever be finished? Which do you think has higher chances? lol

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Anyone want to put odds on whether GoT or Berserk will actually ever be finished? Which do you think has higher chances? lol
Don't know about GoT..but i'd like to put Hunterxhunter into this list...damn..both on hiatus when i caught up !

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Honestly i need some sort of flashback arc on how the god hands were first formed and who created behelit..it's a fetish right..someone should've created or some force of nature..
Also when does next chapter come out?..it's been 5 months since last right..?..
I imagine because they're used to summon the Godhand, that it was Void, or maybe if he had predecessors, who created it. How they became one themselves I'm not sure about.

We don't really know. For the past few years Miura had been releasing enough chapters a year for at least one volume, but that changed in 2019. Right now his studio is publishing Douruanki, and even though he doesn't have the same level of involvement in it's production, I don't think the lapse in chapters last year and this new series starting can really be much of a coincidence. It's also worth noting that we might be at a part in the series where he isn't sure how to proceed. But that's just my guess.

roggie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
When I say it's not Guts' Behelit, I mean that it isn't his to use. Clearly it wasn't the Count's either, that's why Guts has it in the first place. It would seem that it remains in Guts' possession due to an unseen force, but that doesn't necessarily mean Guts will use it. I could easily see it as a red herring or misdirect of some sort.

Also, is it possible for a sacrifice to use a behelit?

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Guts and Casca are the only 2 sacrifices till now who survived right?..so nothing says they can't and they might be able to ?.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
We simply don't know. I guess one could still use a Behelit to sacrifice someone else who isn't already branded. But I'm not sure whether someone can be sacrificed twice.

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm honestly so used to it by now I don't even pay attention. I typically troll the Berserk reddit because if anything comes up it will pop up there ASAP.
I legitimately maintain a presence on this site just so that I can check in on your "Muria will die before Berserk is finished" counter from '08. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Don't know about GoT..but i'd like to put Hunterxhunter into this list...damn..both on hiatus when i caught up !
You don't know what a hiatus is yet :twitch For us, Gutts was on that damn ship for nearly 7 years.

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't think Muira has any plan to finish Berserk before he dies. If he had he would be releasing at least 1.5 volumes per year

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I don't think Muira has any plan to finish Berserk before he dies. If he had he would be releasing at least 1.5 volumes per year
Who knows..maybe he is waiting and plans to use a benelict when he is nearing his end to give us fresh first hand experience ..lol

Last edited:

Isshin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Does anyone know if he's actually alive? Cant remember when we had last charter...