Hangout - Berserk General Discussion Thread | Page 68 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The last chapter was in August. His studio has been putting out Douruanki since September. Not really sure whether we know how long it's supposed to run for. Gigantomakhia only ran for a single volume's worth of chapters, so it could be similar.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I legitimately maintain a presence on this site just so that I can check in on your "Muria will die before Berserk is finished" counter from '08. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You don't know what a hiatus is yet :twitch For us, Gutts was on that damn ship for nearly 7 years.
Haha thanks dude. Honestly figured it would be 4 digits by now.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Is there anyone here reading Duranki? How is it?

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I recently picked up Berserk and I have to say I'm absolutely loving it. Went in fairly blind and not knowing what to expect but it's been a gritty experience I can't get enough of. I've stuck to physical volumes so far and have the first four deluxe volumes which are a great way to read imo, but I need more :XD
I did watch the anime adaptions too (1997 and 2016/17), and while I enjoyed '97 the recent ones are just a trainwreck I'll never get back :lmao Here's to me catching up sometime soon.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Manga Wars event is starting!
Go nominate your favorite manga here!

:cheerbunny

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Started reading it yesterday and made it until chapter 117. This is one of the greatest manga I have ever read.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Whatever "The new beginning" means, apparently we'll get some sort of news on the 9th of October. Another anime seems the most likely to me, but maybe it's just going to be a re-release of the old volumes? Miura redoing the early story would be whack, but I guess nothing's impossible ;XD

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Whatever "The new beginning" means, apparently we'll get some sort of news on the 9th of October. Another anime seems the most likely to me, but maybe it's just going to be a re-release of the old volumes? Miura redoing the early story would be whack, but I guess nothing's impossible ;XD
Saw this on twitter last night and got very excited. For foreign readers, Dark Horse comics have recently been releasing oversized hardcover deluxe editions and they've been very nice to collect and own, so I'm a little skeptical if it will be a re-release of older stuff. Ideally? A new anime from the very beginning, and a hopefully faithful adaptation. Sadly especially with Berserk 2016 being a thing I'm scared of any adaptation, and there's very few studios I'd trust to actually do the job and do it well. David Productions springs to mind after their very good job with Jojo's, but I'd be curious as to what other studios people think may be able to do a faithful job. Whatever it is, I'm keen for the announcement though :hurr

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Came across this, just sharing :

"Kentarou Miura's "Berserk" will not resume (chapter #363) in the upcoming Young Animal issue 22/2020 out November, 13. Chapter #362 will be publishing in the upcoming Young Animal issue 20/2020 out this friday. "
:catshrug

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
They didn't announce why? :feelsbadman

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Unfortunate that after this upcoming chapter on Friday it won't continue in the next issue, but that's to be expected. 3 chapters in a year is still pretty decent at this point :feelsgoodman

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I dont know, i can only say that this is a reliable source. i feel so sorry for Berserk fans and even more for Berserk & HxH fans as yourself, such suffering you endure ! :teehee
Just to clarify, this isn't anything out of the ordinary. He hasn't published a chapter in the first issue of a month since 2014.