Best Female Character | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Female Character

Vote for the Best Female Character.

• Ultear

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Juvia

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Erza

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Mirajane

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Mavis

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The winner of the Best Female Character award is:
Erza

:confetti

In second place is Ultear

And Third is Mavis

Welcome to the Nomination Phase for Best Female Character. This thread is for this specific category only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the Fairy Tail Awards Info & Discussion Thread.

Nomination InfoYou may nominate up to three titles for this award. During the nomination phase, you may also change your nominations. For more information about how the Awards work, please check the opening post of the thread linked above.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations were or weren't counted by accident, please state your nominations clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominations with bolded text and color.
Example: I nominate <insert title> for <insert category>

Also, please explain briefly reasons for your nominations.

Nomination round spans April 20 to April 28, 2015.

Looking forward to your nominations. Enjoy the Awards and thanks for participating!

NominationsUltear- 9
Juvia- 9
Erza- 6
Mirajane- 5
Mavis- 4

Wendy- 3
Kagura- 3
Lucy- 3
Levy- 1
Angel- 1
Minerva- 1
Meredy- 1
Lisanna- 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I nominate:

Ultear - Great character development
Mirajane - Great warrior/sister/guild member
Juvia - Charming and loyal to the one she loves

Last edited:

Claymore1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate Wendy

Again, a dragon slayer and is just cool in general. I like her dragon force form.

Last edited:

justanotherone

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I nominate:

Lucy: she got a really good character development, like she basically didn't want to be involved in fights at the beginning but now she would risk her life for her friends. Also she is a really sweet and forgiving girl.

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Malvis Vermillion - She is really badass, both in the GMT arc, as well as in FTZero
Juvia - She is powerfull and absurdingly cute.
Lucy - Great character development, also insane cuteness.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I nominate: Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I support Juvia, Wendy and Mavis.

Wendy in Dragon Force mode is simply overwhelming. :zomg
Mavis... :wtf
Juvia. :hurr

g01

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I nominate Ultear,Mirajane and Mavis

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
Support Ultear :hurr , Juvia and Kagura

Blader

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Still no-one nominated Erza so.

Erza
Mirajane
Angel

Starrked

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lucy: Her character development in comparison to characters such as Erza and Juvia is far more in-depth. As a character who started this journey timid and frail, she has now become someone who willing puts herself in harm's way for her friends and for what she believes to be right. Although Lucy isn't as powerful as the aforementioned women she's definitely one of the leading forces in making this manga.
Erza: Her power is asinine.
Juvia: She's one of the more deadlier characters, and I feel she is often overlooked.

kazerua

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I nominate
Erza
Kagura
Juvia

Last edited:

Syphin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My three nominations:

Erza Scarlet - her ability to never give up and to continue fighting/believing despite the opponent always invokes euphoric feelings within me. Her spirit is inspiring.

Ultear Milkovich - her actions during the conclusion of the Great Magic Games Arc was an incredibly moving moment, the pain she felt leading up to her sacrificial act of atonement completely embraced me. Ultear's character fleshed out the continuing despair a person feels over past actions, the pain they suffer and the desperation they have from wanting to change. In my eyes, Ultear represents perfectly what the Fairy Tail manga is about.

Minerva Orlando - ever since the end of the Grand Magic Games Arc, I have felt that Minerva had a pure side deep inside her but circumstances in her past forced her towards the 'path of evil', this is why I love how Mashima-sensei developed her during the Tartarus Arc. I honestly feel happy that Minerva was able to escape from her “prison” of fear and terror which her father Jiemma created within her. The acceptance of her emotions and realisation that she is so much more than the power she wields, such developments feel so satisfying to process within my mind and in my heart.

(I'm a bit behind with the manga at the moment [chapter 419], so I don't actually know if there are additional developments with any of these characters after the one year time-skip).

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I support the following:
Ultear Milkovich: One of the best characters we've had in the whole series to me, Ultear is one heck of a woman. Not only does/did she possess Beauty, but she was very dedicated to whatever her goal was, whether it was allowing Grimoire Heart to further its pursuit of its goals, or whether it was crushing the darkness of the magic world with Crime Sorciere. She was also very strong, and in the end she made a huge sacrifice which changed the course for humanity itself, ultimately allowing victory over Future Rogue and the Dragons in the Grand Magic Games Arc. One of the most worthy characters of this title imo.

Juvia Lockser: Juvia is one of the most appealing characters to me. She clings to her beliefs of love, and she holds here friends and her Gray-sama dearly to her, and ultimately she becomes stronger when fighting for them. She hasn't grown as much as some other characters, but I feel as there is enough appeal and that there will be more moments for her to further shine in the future.

I nominate:
Meredy: Meredy is a character who I believe isn't given enough recognition in a way. She was one of the elite of Grimoire Heart, and she quite young when she was, too. She holds her comrades dear to her, she has strong beliefs to whatever cause she is fighting for, and in the seven-year time-skip, I think she grew as a character pretty well.

Sora

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Sorry n°2.

Erza & Mirajane. Truly epic!

And Lisanna for the Cuteness.

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Erza & Mirajane. Truly epic!

And Lisanna & Juvia for the Cuteness.
You can only nominate a total of 3 for each category.

Status
Not open for further replies.