Art Best Manga Art

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
What is your list?

My list is basically same as these

 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
@Reebi what is your view?
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
@Reebi what is your view?
Beserek has some fabulous artwork with the realistic look and attention to detail. I always liked Yuu Watase's whimsical style.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I always thought one of the most underrated artists in manga is Tite Kubo and I really like his work a lot.

The way he drew Bleach is one of the most impressive things to me because of how he used the contrast of black and white. Most manga is in black and white out of necessity but with Kubo and Bleach I've never thought it looked as good in color. Because he drew his panels to showcase that contrast. And there has never been another battle manga that I know of with panels that look as clear and clean as his did.

Because I think sometimes we fall into the trap of thinking technically impressive artwork is automatically better. Like the extravagant artwork of Muria in Berserk. Or the Murata One Punch Man artwork that leaves you asking "How did you even do this?".

Kubo, meanwhile, is like the antithesis of that. His style is not extremely detailed. Instead he uses negative space. And bright clean panels to draw the readers focus to what he wants you to be looking at. And the way he drew his characters to make use of that while making each extremely distinct was amazing to me. I don't think I've read a battle manga since that has managed to have that kind of clarity and impact in it's artwork.
 

Veni Vidi Vici

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2019
Messages
139
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
Guam
It depends on what you recognize as "best".
As I can see, it seems you misunderstand realistic for best, it's different, there are so many art styles.

In my pov, one interesting manga with good draws, is Gangsta by Kohske.
 

Web_Pirate

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 18, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Berserk has by far the best artwork in the industry. Miura is not only good with drawing amazing, detailed scenery , his forte is character's faces which reflect emotions on realistic level and are used to tell a story.
 

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
2,690
Gender
Female
Country
Galactic Empire
Gon by Masashi Tanaka. There's zero dialogue, and it's amazing how the story is told through gorgeous imagery, body language and expressions:






Honorable mentions: Victorian Romance Emma (haven't started Otoyomegatari yet, which seems to have superior art), What's Michael, Swan (an old school shoujo manga), Sunny by Taiyou Matsumoto, Dr. Slump, and I find the art in One Piece creative and deserves a mention.
 
Top