Art Best Manga Art

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
hello you guys don't have a thread on this so basically this is where you can discuss you'r favourite art, why you like it, and why some art is better then others or the other way around, to start off i'd like to say vagabond is my favourite art and i think it is the best. here is an eg.


Also Kentaru Miura's work in Beserk, Takeshi Obata's work in Bakuman Death Note and Hikaru No Go. Gantz also deserves a mention. Enjoy discussing

Moderator Notice:
Gave you some thumbnails ;)~ Akiyama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Akiyama

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
3,256
Reaction score
5,752
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki has really made an impression on me. The heavy use of black is what I think makes this art stand out. Such a strong presence two opposing colors somehow working in harmony is nice to see. Most of the shadows are just pure black which looks amazing to me. That's why it's my favorite art. Here's a double page from the first chapter, landscapes ftw.
 
Last edited:

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Vagabond, Slam Dunk, Berserk, Hunter x Hunter (when Togashi decides to put some effort into it).

Bremen and Harlem Beat have some good artwork, too.
 

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
i couldnt agree more, and togashi is quite inconsistant. for people who want to know the Artists of what dive posted

Hikaru no go -takeshi obata
Death note-takeshi obata
vagabond- takashi inoue
slam dunk takashi inoue
beserk- kentaru miura
and dive said hunter x hunter
 
Last edited:

Dive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
321
Reaction score
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Haha. Thanks a bunch for that one. I didn't have any scans for those offhand.

I forgot about MPD Psycho (Shou Tajima), too. That one has some rad artwork, too.

Warning: Image not suitable for everyone; guro.


Here's one for Bremen too (Haruto Umezawa)


I wish they had scans out for Harlem Beat (Yuriko Nishiyama), but here's a volume cover:


Not a good representation of the art, but it's something.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I wish they had scans out for Harlem Beat (Yuriko Nishiyama), but here's a volume cover:


Not a good representation of the art, but it's something.
Gosh! I am glad there's another Harlem Beat fans out there! Yes, Harlem Beat is definetely one of the most underrated manga ever. It has g]reat storyline and great art. The art in t]he beginning is not so great, it becomes better around vol 20+ (or 14, depending your standard). Her artwork in Dragon Voice is even better =)

I want to say Vagabond, D gray man and Kateikyou Hitman Reborn
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Berserk's latest art is some of the best I've ever seen in a manga
 

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
yeh crimson i couldnt agree more, its quite amazing, and im not a fan of harlem beat but i also agree it has nice art.
 

Pantsutastic

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
11
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tenjou Tenge by Oh! Great has some pretty art.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
For me, its still hard to compare to Inoue's art in Vagabond. The amount of detail and realism is just amazing.
 

Mushashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2009
Messages
501
Reaction score
52
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
yes, although vagabond is all characters that exist in real life, you can get more detail in when you can go out and look at a grass field, miura's work in fantasy monsters is quite amazing. although yes i agree vagabond is one of the best.
 

WinningDays

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
97
Reaction score
256
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
I was just thinking about making a thread on manga artists when I saw this:).

Here are the ones I like in no particular order:

Inoue Takehiko really is something else...
You can tell that he's an artist. I saw an interview of him and he really puts a lot of thought and effort into every line. His assistants seemed really good too.

Then there's Obata Takeshi. He's really good, he draws like a seasoned pro, IMO. He's really got style too, something that sets him apart.

And Oh! Great, I only half understand Air Gear anymore, but I keep reading for the art...and the flying... I didn't notice until today but he's improved since the beginning.

There's also Samura Hiroaki (Blade of the Immortal). He has a refreshing style. His art is unique and you can tell he knows what he's doing.

I don't know who the author is and I guess it's not manga since it's Korean, but I really like The Bride of the Water God. Actually, I think it's more like love... The people look pretty normal but the backgrounds and setting are just really nice. Here are some examples...

Sahara Mizu!!! He or she does really beautiful color work.
From Bus Hashiru
And Hoshi no Koe

And my favorite is Oda Eiichirou/One Piece. A lot of people don't like the art for whatever reasons like it being goofy-looking, etc. but I fell in love at first sight, so I have no idea what they're talking about.... Anyways it's pretty unique and all, but what I really like are the color spreads... I could stare at them all day... They're just so fun and whimsical and entertaining and creative and full of life:amuse

OMG sorry for all the huge pictures...especially all the OP spam (I just like it so much)... I bet this page goes really slow now...:darn

If I had pictures for all the artists it would've been crazy... actually I used to have Slamdunk, Death Note, and Air Gear, but I think I've deleted them...

Anyways I think CLAMP also has a nice distinctive style, and the artist for Alive - The Final Evolution, Adachitoka is pretty good, and Shimaki Ako has very unique and nice drawing style, I love everything she draws. Umm...Mononoke and Mushishi deserve some mention maybe IMHO...
Wow, but there's so many good artists and even more art out there it's hard to think of them all...

Gah!!! I just thought of another one...Maruo Suehiro!!! You may not have heard of him but oh-my-gosh he is good... It's a totally different style from Vagabond but the art level is that high, well I have no idea but it's crazy... Actually I haven't read a whole story from him yet but from what I've seen I'm sure he must be some kind of artistical (not a real word) genius! But it's definitely not for everyone, since he mostly does horror and mature works...

Okay that's all...well, not really but I'll stop now...

Holy Bejeeznus!!! I just previewed my post and it's really long!!!:o:o
What have I done?!!!:o
 
Last edited:

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Berserk and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou , superb artwork
Mushishis artwork is in league as well
 

himitsu87

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
84
Reaction score
14
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Kuwait
For me, it's definitely "Ludwig Kakumei".
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yuriko Nishiyama & Seo Kouji's art is my favourite.....
 

chan-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I love Inoue sensei's art too! As a mangaka, his artstyle has improved/changed a lot over the years.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
read a manhwa Pink Lady the artwork is mesmerizing ......... and every pg is colored if one just reads manga for art work then this out to get the highest recommendation.... its a josei drama
 

tungyu_2003

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
i think that the recent kiben gakuha's art work is quite refreshing.. unlike many that i have seen before. I used to like clamp alot because the drawings were beautiful, but even though the drawing for this anime isnt exactly "bishoujo"type, it still impressed and pushed me to read it. (other than the intriguing storyline)
xD
 

akomaru28

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
In terms of art

I posted this up to see you guys favorites of these mangas in terms of art such as character designs, environments, and use of spread pages.

Mine are:

1. One Piece
2. Fairy Tail
3. Eyehield 21
4. Bleach
5. Beelzebub
6. Naruto
7. D.Gray-man
8. Fullmetal Alchemist
9. Medaka Box
10. Katekyo Hitman Reborn
 
Last edited:

shinsengumi

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
1,443
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: In terms of art

only shounen or all gendres ?
 
Top