Voting - Best Quote | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Quote

Best Quote

• Fear is not evil... - Gildarts

• And that light is your justice?... - August

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Use this thread to vote for the Best Quote in the series.
  • Fear is not evil,it tells you what your weakness is and once you know your weakness you can become stronger as well as kinder - Gildarts
  • And that Light is your justice? While Darkness is your transgression? How utterly shallow - August

Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • One victor from each semifinal will advance. If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017

Meeeeeeeeen!!!! - Ichiya 3
Fear is not evil,it tells you what your weakness is and once you know your weakness you can become stronger as well as kinder - Gildarts 2
It's because She's Erza - Happy 2
You've made a cheap wager. Somtimes, mermaids can devour tigers - Kagura 2
It's not a sin to fall in love. You can't even arrest someone over that. - Gajeel 2
And that Light is your justice? While Darkness is your transgression? How utterly shallow - August 2

It's the flames of Savage Emotions - Zeref 2
Everyone exists for a reason. as small as it can be - Mirajane 2
I had no reason to come to this age. I'm not an ally to anyone. I'm not an enemy to anyone. But still, if an age is about to end right now... I might awaken once again - Zeref 2
FT Third Rule 2
Then why don't you try killing me? If you do that, you'll be in bigger trouble than this! Fairy Tail will never forgive you! That's the kind of guild they are! You'll be shivering under the shadow of the world's scariest guild every day for the rest of your life! - Lucy 2
It doesn't matter how strong your opponent is. What matters is standing up to them - Laxus 2
I always cursed my own life. The anxiety, anger and hatred I couldn't suppress. However, when I stopped to look at the sky, I realized just how small I am. There is an endless world spreading before me. - Ultear 2
You're worthy of being the King - Acnologia 1
Die Die Die Die - Acnologia 1
Mmmm… this… my body is… aaah… ah! - Minerva 1
Trash that doesn't even know it's trash deserves to fall into the abyss - Zeref 1
The only one going to sleep around here is you - Sting 1
An excess of power causes nothing but sorrows... and anger can cause one to forget that one is caught up in that whirl of tragedies. - Porlyusica 1
I wish to believe in a righteous light that encompasses the rage and sadness... the righteous light which guides all things. - Mystogan 1
I'd like one of your apples - Mystogan 1
Even if i cant see you,even if we're seperated for a long time..ill always be watching you..ill always be watching over you - Makarov 1
Youve been waiting havent you? For someone you could fight with all you've got...let me help you with that - Zeref 1
Why was the emperor's son still not loved - August 1
Destruction Destruction Destruction - Acnologia 1
Just shut the hell up! - Makarov 1
Mistakes and experiences - Hades 1
The one who will defeat E.N.D is not his Majesty, it is you, Gray - Invel 1
It's true. In the end, I'll be able to defeat even Acnologia. But you know, my true goal, isn't such an insignificant feat. - Zeref 1
Are the shadows reaching out...to the past, or to the future? Or....to people's hearts - Future Rogue 1
..Live… - Jellal 1
I'm getting all fired up! - Laxus 1
I am all fired up! - Natsu 1
Manipulating the pieces according to your strategy... That is what defines a King - Minerva 1
I find no fault with you when it comes to standing against your enemy with courage. However, every few have the strength to sheath their sword once it's out. - Gildarts 1
What thou hast just touched is "Death itself" - Bradman 1
I shall free you! Your freedom... is still but a lie. And so it will stay, as long as you remain taken by Darkness! - Jellal 1
Quit it with the crazy plans already… - Erza 1
There's nothing happy about having your fate decided for you! You have to grab your own happiness... - Lucy 1
I have now assembled an impenetrable battle formation. Do you still dare to come here Fairy Tail? - Zeref 1
After everything I've faced, having a future with you snatched away from me is definitely the most terrifying thing I've ever had to endure. - Gajeel 1
It's when people realise how lonely it is being on their own… that they become kind - Mirajane 1
I'm able to shrink such small wounds, yet… I'm unable to shrink my own doubts or lessen my uncertainty in the slightest - Brandish 1

Meeeeeeeeen!!!! - Ichiya - 8 votes
Fear is not evil,it tells you what your weakness is and once you know your weakness you can become stronger as well as kinder - Gildarts - 21 votes
You've made a cheap wager. Somtimes, mermaids can devour tigers - Kagura - 10 votes

It's because She's Erza - Happy - 7 votes
It's not a sin to fall in love. You can't even arrest someone over that. - Gajeel - 15 votes
And that Light is your justice? While Darkness is your transgression? How utterly shallow - August - 26 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Kagura's quote is meaningless on its own, but it's awesome contextually.
Gildarts quote is okay but kinda cliche.
Ichiya is a legend, nuff said.

The true best line is Hades's little speech which @Brandish quoted. I don't know how that slipped my radar. Now I like him even more.

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
August quote wins this. Frankly it also goes done with how he owned CS (including jellal) while saying this. One of the badass moments for spriggans.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Gajeel's quote being my nomination, it is fairly obvious that i'm going to vote for it.

HAH, i got you real good didnt i. That August quote has to be one of the best quote in all of the series. I'd be insane not to vote for such a line.
Easy vote for August's quote.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gajeel. Made me lol and that was a rare moment where he gave empathy to someone. Not a fan of him but his dry humour makes me appreciate him.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for August's quote.

Honestly, I didn't quite understand it at first since it was too deep (not really) like "Why was his majesty's child not loved?". I just thought it sounded cool. But after reading that part again and looking at the context in which it was used, I can see the wisdom in it. Gajeel's quote is pretty good as well but it was a little cheesy. As for Happy's quote... that is already a given and something that we don't want to be reminded of.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
August quote. I mean COME ON! it's just so... interesting. You never saw villains offer such a interesting counter argument in the series. FT is black and white but to see a character clearly throw such an idea out the window. It seemed as though mashima didn't even write that quote

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
August quote.I full agree with it.The line was badass too.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Its such a shame how great quotes didn't get much love or are being under looked like

Mystogan: "I wish to believe in a righteous light that encompasses the rage and sadness... the righteous light which guides all things"

This is like a peaceful harmony that every noble character should have the mindset to have.

Gray: "It's not the goodbyes that hurt, it's the flashbacks that follow"

Very truthful.

Instead we get cheesy as love dialogues from Gajeel being upvoted in the finals lol.
"It's not a sin to fall in love. You can't even arrest someone over that" like stfu lol.

Also not that it matters anymore,

@Axiomus, "Quit it with the crazy plans already" quote was made by Gray, not Erza.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
As i already said previously, that Gildarts quote isn't the best quote from that Gildarts moment. This line of his isnt the one that really impressed me or that i kept in mind the most.
I'm voting for August's quote.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Voting August. Both quotes are nice, but the August one sticks with you a bit more. Really makes you think. Not everything is black or white, good or evil.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
August till the end. Shitting on Jellal's shallow beliefs.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
"And that Light is your justice? While Darkness is your transgression? How utterly shallow "
How accurate this statement is.Going with it.

Xesfer

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
August's: "And that Light is your justice? While Darkness is your transgression? How utterly shallow".

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for August's quote.

I think both quotes deserve to win, but August's does seem a little more unique.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I guess the August quote is better.
Mostly due to the context it was used in during the final arc. I just wanted someone to remind "our heroes" that their way isn't the only way. I mean come on, their "light" can also be interpreted as a self-absorbed clinginess ignorant about whatever the opposition says as they remain blinded by their adamance.

Status
Not open for further replies.