I've got a theory that I'm sure at least a few people have come up with by now, but I figured I'd start a new thread for it. If anybody's already started this somewhere and I missed it, a mod can merge it or whatever (just pm me so I'm not lost when I come back to look).
This theory has to do with Bijuu and the existence of Kekkei Genkai in the Naruto world, obviously. Based on the entirety of the story so far, the actions and power of Jinchuuriki, and the evolutionary leap in logic it would take to believe that so many KG's exist in a ninja world that would appear to be rather young, I believe that the Bijuu, namely Jinchuuriki, are the source of KG's. The idea is simple, yet broad- a possibility could be that while the Bijuu slowly merges with its host, the genetics of he/she become distorted, allowing a beneficial mutation to occur that can be passed on genetically.
My evidence is very skimpy on this one, but after the last DB came out and revealed that Roushi, the nearly unheard of Jinchuuriki of the Yonbii, created Youton by fusing Doton and Katon through the power of the Yonbii. It's a little-dealt with detail, but in my opinion, an important one.
At the very least, I belive that the Bijuu are behind the non-doujutsu KG in the Naruto world, with the highest possibility being elemental fusions (obviously), and the stranger KG have a less likely connection (Kimimaro's bones, for example). It's been said that the Sharingan possibly descended from the Byakugan, leading me to believe that the Byakugan perhaps came from the Rin'negan (seeing as the Rin'negan has exhibited a Byakugan-like ability)... but that's a whole different story. At the very least, I'm sure the Kyuubi has something to do with the origins of the Sharingan, at least.
This theory has to do with Bijuu and the existence of Kekkei Genkai in the Naruto world, obviously. Based on the entirety of the story so far, the actions and power of Jinchuuriki, and the evolutionary leap in logic it would take to believe that so many KG's exist in a ninja world that would appear to be rather young, I believe that the Bijuu, namely Jinchuuriki, are the source of KG's. The idea is simple, yet broad- a possibility could be that while the Bijuu slowly merges with its host, the genetics of he/she become distorted, allowing a beneficial mutation to occur that can be passed on genetically.
My evidence is very skimpy on this one, but after the last DB came out and revealed that Roushi, the nearly unheard of Jinchuuriki of the Yonbii, created Youton by fusing Doton and Katon through the power of the Yonbii. It's a little-dealt with detail, but in my opinion, an important one.
At the very least, I belive that the Bijuu are behind the non-doujutsu KG in the Naruto world, with the highest possibility being elemental fusions (obviously), and the stranger KG have a less likely connection (Kimimaro's bones, for example). It's been said that the Sharingan possibly descended from the Byakugan, leading me to believe that the Byakugan perhaps came from the Rin'negan (seeing as the Rin'negan has exhibited a Byakugan-like ability)... but that's a whole different story. At the very least, I'm sure the Kyuubi has something to do with the origins of the Sharingan, at least.
Last edited: