Done Biorg Trinity Term

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Okay, so I've been trying to figure out the right term for a while now and still can't figure out what it is.
I'm having problems with this:



The word giving me problems is : 端末 read as ノドローン can't really figure how I should actually translate it. Thanks for the help you'll (hopefully) be able to give me^^
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The word giving me problems is : 端末 read as ノドローン can't really figure how I should actually translate it. Thanks for the help you'll (hopefully) be able to give me^^
Perhaps, it can be called something like nodrone-terminal or just nodrone. Hope someone who is familiar with the manga can help you with it.
 

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2012
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
992
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
I was tempted to use 'terminal' but for some reason, I can't really place my finger on what the 'nodrone' means here. All I know is that this refers to sub-organism of a bigger entity. Pretty much like smaller clones of the bigger entity really.
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
In JP wiki, the word 端末 is used in:

* アルデバラン
自らの子供(クローン)を端末として使役し死体を意のままに操る。

* TRUMP
トランプで構成された人型をしており、カードの一枚一枚を端末(ノドローン)に変えて操ることができる。

端末 is oftentimes a mechanical device that you operate - including computers and cell phones. Here, this nodrone is like a clone robot that you operate. Since the reading of 端末 is ノドローン, you may just want to call it nodrone without translating it.
 

psyblade

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
As I know, 端末Tanmatsu is the word that has a meaning "the computer, the device".
My Android Phone, in it's setting, when I set it to Japanese language, the menu "Device" becomes "端末".

In Shonen manga, the mangaka often uses furigana to define a complex word, such as "愛情表現-Aijo Hyogen" has "キス - kiss" follow by. I dont know what ノドローン is, but I think it is some kinds of device/machine. The Mangaka use the word "端末" and tell the reader that this "device - 端末" is Nodoron.
 
Top