Shounen Birdmen By Yellow Tanabe

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
This series disrupted the shounen formula when it when very dark, very suddenly, and disturbingly. It definitely qualifies as a more serious story in between shounen and seinen, similarly to Death Note or (Sort of) Promised Neverland.
I wish this got more love, it's a really good manga. I think people will only notice it if it gets a good anime.
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
It's true this is very good. I wonder why it doesn't the credit it deserves?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
It's true this is very good. I wonder why it doesn't the credit it deserves?
Because it doesn't have an anime? I feel like the fact that the manga is monthly despite being in a weekly magazine might have given it less exposure.
 

Admiral Teach

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2017
Messages
1,431
Reaction score
2,072
Country
Water Tribe
Ah, the monthly thing might be the real culprit, I imagine. If weekly readers don't see something often then they won't hype it as much among themselves. I'm sure an anime would help there.
 
Top