1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to goldb for winning the Friends Photography contest!, and as always, well done to the other participants!.

Voting has begun for the Special Halloween Art Contest
    Witch.

Also there is a special announcement regarding the Winter Art Contest, so please Read up!
  4. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  5. The very first Magi Awards have begun! Vote your favorite Moments and Characters now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Long Running Black Clover

Discussion in 'Anime Series' started by Arjuna, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Wowzers

Wowzers MH Senpai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Canada
    I enjoyed this episode a lot... The blonde guy I instinctively knew he was going to be a dirtbag, but he mostly acted decently... until it was time to badmouth Asta. He'll probably get in though, so he'll get more opportunities to show his true colours.

Asta, however will have to show off his fighting abilities a lot to make up for the total lack of magical ability. I bet he'll end up in the squad of the guy who was threatening to squish his head earlier.

When that squad captain got up after commenting on Asta, I thought he was going down to check Asta for magical ability or something... too bad he did it for other reasons, that made him somewhat of a dirtbag too.

2. SharkBait

SharkBait MH Senpai

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

United States
    Todays episode was hilarious and suspenseful. I guess since I delayed my reread of the series I totally didnt remember he got 0 offers initially until Yami stepped up down there. Im glad the anime did it that way and added all that dramatic music.

Protective Yuno is best Yuno, so cool.

Aniela likes this.
  3. Aniela

Aniela Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Poland
    I'd argue that any Yuno is best Yuno, but I see your point... ;)

A very good episode, though I wish they came up with something else to make an occasion for Yuno to protect Asta - toilet's problems are pretty iconic for "Naruto" already, I think. It's also kinda disappointing that the best fight choreography was given to two no-names (those two nobles, one fighting with water, the other with earth). Yuno's fight was nearly as brief as Asta's.... I mean, I get it, he's a genius. But I wanna see him more .___.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  4. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Your fate is decided publicly like that... Pretty harsh. If you are not underestimated because of your mack of talent, it's because you are not a noble.

Good episode. I know he is a genius but how can Yuno be so powerful? He created a tornado so easily :o.

5. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Pretty good episode.

The way Yami was shaking the stadium with his aura was pretty badass.

And protective Yuno :wtf

Finally Asta comes to Black Bulls.

Overall,a good episode again.

Aniela and SharkBait like this.
  6. lusheta

lusheta Registered User

France
    I also enjoyed this episode. Yami was so dope, witch his voice, that power, tha class x) Really want to see the next episode :3

Arjuna likes this.
  7. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States
    I really enjoyed this episode, though I thought it happened during the day in the manga not really complaining about it just thought it was. Even though they added in some extra material this episode was still just as fast as in the manga in my opinion.

8. SharkBait

SharkBait MH Senpai

United States
    In my quick browsing it seemed it covered a tiny bit more than 1 chapter. I love the voices and zany antics for everyone. Luck is cute, magna is so passionate. Finral is hot and miss vanessa lol.

Yuno part at the start was good too.

The ost is underrated.

Arjuna likes this.
  9. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    "Your height and the volume of your voice are all out of proportion"

I literally fell laughing on hearing this.

Pretty good episode.We got to know what reaction Yuno got on entering Golden Dawn for the first time.

Luck was pretty cool too.The fight between Asta and Magna Was the best part of the episode.Vanessa was so hot.And Yuno was beautiful at the end too.

Aniela and lusheta like this.
  10. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

Global Moderator

France
    Klaus Lunettes :lmao, great name. I know I have said it already but it's pretty annoying how they keep talking about the boonies and stuff :-_-.

Some of the jokes with the Black Bulls didn't work well for me but overall it was pretty good. Asta works surprisingly well as straight man. The moment he got his robe was cool. Surprised me that they talked about momentum and stuff in this series.

11. Aniela

Aniela Registered User

Poland
    I like this brown-haired guy with space magic, whatever his name is ^.^ Another good episode, though I'm guessing we won't be getting much Yuno in the next few... A shame.

Arjuna likes this.
  12. Zasz

Zasz Bishoujo Collector

Mangahelper

Italy
    Vanessa's surname is actually quite hilarious for me, considering that Enoteca is in italian and means "winery". XD
    An okay episode and gotta love how Magna has shown respect to Asta by calling him a true man.
    I suppose it's time for that Noelle girl I guess.

Aniela likes this.
  13. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    Its not a spoiler but depending on how the next 5 or so episodes are paced we'll see Yuno again

Aniela and SharkBait like this.
  14. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    I really enjoyed this episode.

The extended Anime part reveals to us that Yuno had a hard time at the start in the Golden Dawn.

Noelle-Asta part was beautifully done.I really loved their interactions, and we came to in the Anime only
    Vanessa probably
    sets up traps in the women's quarters.

The moment when Vanessa put the Black Bulls Robe on Noelle was very emotional.

And I suggest everyone to watch today's Petit Clover at the end of the episode :).You will love it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  15. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    I also enjoyed the episode this week also bar a small nitpick. I didn't minded seeing Yuno this episode but his scene came across as kind of awkward/unnecessary in a sense considering how last episode pretty much showed how much of a difference the Golden Dawn and Black Bulls are so not a bad addition to the episode but I would've been fine without it being included, that's just my opinion on it though.

I went back and checked out that part in the episode and the anime didn't state Vanessa set the trap magic she probably could have, though her character suggests that she isn't to worried about men like that, I think its more likely it was one of the other members of Black Bulls that set the trap magic since where told there are more than the 11 we've been introduced to that just aren't there at the dorm(I don't remember if it was ever really referenced as anything other then the base of the black bulls in the anime or manga.)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  16. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

India
    Well Koi I think we should put the trap part under Spoiler tag.I edited my original post for it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2017 ---
    This part though

[​IMG]

Zasz likes this.
  17. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

Global Moderator

France
    Decent introduction episode for Noelle. Pretty much everyone in his own family thought that Asta would fail, it's rather sad.

18. Erinyes

Erinyes Intl Translator

The Wall
    Well im not as optimistic as you all, i agree Noelle character seems promising while still very cliché (im fine with clichés as long as they're handled properly) but im disappointed bc everything was dealt and packed up in the 1 episode and the 1st one she appeared in :
    1-bitchy Noelle introduction- not getting along with Asta & co -> 2-revelation1 : omg she's a royal family-> 3-revelation 2 ->4- oh she's been bullied and rejected-> training hard to show her worth ->5- Noelle being endangered and saved by Asta -> 6- happy ending + nicer blushing Noelle [​IMG]

well lets compare it with a character that was quite mean at her introduction and that had some past trauma and so, that have been revealed later : Nami case (op), When again her past and motives have been revealed ? I think maintaining suspense and trying to capture as much as possible the reader/watcher attention are key points to perform a good story telling and good characterization. which means to me to be able to give acharacter a solid background and to be able to say the least about him/her until it's necessary, so that revelations get more impact and so character grows on the reader and start to be memorable. I would have appreciated if it was done in a different way in Noelle case.
    Otherwise i would say the anime in itself is far to be a masterpiece but it's not as bad as expected. its not exceptionnal but quite decent so far, best parts being funny parts, but its still far from matching up naruto and even Ft at its early stages.

Exorcist1995 likes this.
  19. Koi Kage

Koi Kage Registered User

United States
    That's how her interdiction was handled in the manga and
    depending on the person this may be considered a spoiler. Noelles character arc isn't completely over yet like you think it is.

20. Erinyes

Erinyes Intl Translator

The Wall
    yep i know, i suspect some upcoming stuff about her later, but still main things have been revealed in 20 minutes well it s as if Oda would have revealed sanji bloodline the 1st time he appeared, to me its' not exactly a good call [​IMG] , and the pressure/cold between characters has been annihilated in less than 3 minutes while i would have loved it to be built more, so that it would be more impactful later.