Theory Blackbeard is heading for...?

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,218
Reaction score
3,041
Age
34
Country
England
Now that you mention it, kinda obvious Blackbeard was talking about recruiting the Shichibukai or stealing their abilities

That's a wrong translation he says it.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If it's to recruit, which of the Shichibukai do you think is most inclined to join him? Weevil is the only one that comes to mind.
Weevil is the only one that could work, if at all. The others certainly would not submit to anyone.

Same for their fruits, Hancock's is like the most terrible misfit for the Blackbeard Pirates, and Oda won't kill Buggy just to rehash his fruit, that's not the payoff Buggy is set up for being one of the most recurring characters in the story.

Given how the Marines are already involved with the Shishibukai, I doubt that is what Blackbeard is going for. The idea of trying to recruit Hancock or Mihawk or Buggy just doesn't sound good.

The only characters with a very huge risk of getting killed for fruits are Crocodile and especially Daz Bones. They are in the New World and have powerful fruits, but no plot, not even foreshadowing for one, and are completely expendable in the grand story.

Other than that there are few, especially because Kaido's zoans are uninteresting to rehash, and Big Mom's food dfs are useless outside the hands of dedicated chefs. I mean technically he could attack Buggy to get Galdino's or Alvida's fruits. Alvida's for Vasco Shot? Hm...

We also have to keep in mind that the majority of the Blackbeard Pirates already have fruits so Oda won't go too wild. I think only Burgess and Augur definitely have no devil fruits. Shiryu, Laffitte, Devon and Wolf already have one. Q is likely to have one, and before Morley was introduced there was a theory that Pizarro was behind Level 5.5 and could transform his hands into drills, I still think that or any other kind of fruit has some merit as Pizarro wore very unusual clothing for someone that was supposed to be in a cell. Vasco Shot is completely unknown, we really know nothing about that character.

So there is likely two or three fruits? Maybe we should extend the discussion to that?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Now that you mention it, kinda obvious Blackbeard was talking about recruiting the Shichibukai or stealing their abilities

This is the official translation:



It leans more towards an item/prize rather than a person. I'm not sure if the japanese version is ambiguous about Blackbeard's intent or not.
 

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
This is the official translation:



It leans more towards an item/prize rather than a person. I'm not sure if the japanese version is ambiguous about Blackbeard's intent or not.
That is the Translation I read and why I think hes heading for Buggy to John treasure because I think its more than just treasure.
And wow I didn't think this thread would go this well thank every one.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I'm not sure if the japanese version is ambiguous about Blackbeard's intent or not.
I have not checked, but the discrepancies between versions tell it probably is ambiguous.

And if we ignore pronouns and such, the most likely answer is that Blackbeard is going to recruit the Shichibukai or their abilities. Blackbeard inviting Moriah to join him is already an indication.
 

Monox D. I-Fly

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
301
Reaction score
151
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
I think only Burgess and Augur definitely have no devil fruits. Shiryu, Laffitte, Devon and Wolf already have one.
Wait, what DF does San Juan Wolf have? I don't remember at all.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Wait, what DF does San Juan Wolf have? I don't remember at all.
According to the guidebooks he's a giant who gets even bigger due to his Devil Fruit
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
According to the guidebooks he's a giant who gets even bigger due to his Devil Fruit
does that include pre time skip too? Cos he saw him walking on water and feeling fish bites or something like that, wouldnt be possible if he was a giant...


But it may explain how he was locked in impel down.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
does that include pre time skip too? Cos he saw him walking on water and feeling fish bites or something like that, wouldnt be possible if he was a giant...
To be fair, in that scene he's waaay smaller than in Marineford.
 
Top