Shounen Blazer Drive by Kishimoto Seishi

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's safe to say he saw the colour pages and the colour pages only and they were enough to put him off... well that's at least what the comment implied to me.

zenozatch said:
It might be like HxH, it started slow and bad, but then picked up. Lets just wait for a Edited Manga.
You know there was a time when I thought that HxH started of slow, but then that was when I first started to get into manga and Naruto was still at the top of my list. I reread and rewatched it some months after that and I realised that it's starts of wonderfully there is no bad arc (except arguably the latter two). I don't get how I managed to miss that...
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Lemme aske you something:
1. did you only read the color pages?
2. or is this a (stupid) joke and did you read the whole chapter?
Who knows, who knows...
 

asch

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2007
Messages
68
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Yay the raw is out :D!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Who knows, who knows...
anyway back on topic:
I watched into the raw and imo this is like 666satan II and on top of that: some characters look the same. As if seishi transferred his 666satan characters in the post 666satan world. I won't like it, I think since there's a setting (prolly a plot too), characters that's like 666satan and I don't want to read something inspirationless twice
 

Niralina

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Like mostly everyone of us i'm kinda dissapointed of seishi's new manga and the fact that some characters and weapons are simular to 666 satan ... but i'll wait 3 or 4 chapters till i build my final opinion.

I really love seishi's art and really loved 666 satan (except the end) so i don't give up hope ... it has to be good.. ^^
 

Hokage-Echizen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
France
Will it translate in english? And When please ?:p Thks for the raw ^^
 

SkyValker

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
490
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
India
yeah, i would like to read the thing in english before forming the final impression.
4 of 10 in my first impression of the manga, i mean, come on...
It could have been better, but who knows how the thing will turn out in the long run
 

Suzaku

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
809
Reaction score
1,217
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The character designs and setting (Tokyo in the not-so-distant future) look pretty good, but I'm not sure if I care for the premise. Mystickers... Magical stickers... Anyway, the main character's name is Daichi. He's a Blazer, which is a person who can draw special attributes and abilities out of Mystickers by attaching them to their bodies like tattoos.

It's a fairly simple premise for a series, so I'll just see where it goes.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Read the first chapter just a while ago (now avaible in onemanga). Hmm.. It is hard judge just by this, but this far it is just like a mix of Naruto, 666 Satan and little bit of Air Gear. The plot was very similar to beginning of Naruto (detailed plot synopsis ahead):

The main, Daichi, tries to impress everyone with his battle skillz, especially his older brother. However brother acts all strict and cold, saying that fights Daichi has are no battles; just picking up fights. Teary-eyed Daichi remembers the good days with his formerly kind brother, the time before their parents died. Later Daichi is attacked by a Blazer, as explained earlier in this thread; a person who can control the powers of magical Mysticker stickers. This bad guy says his Company has interest in Daichi, who is a Blazer. Just when Daichi is about to get pierced by arrow shot by the bad guy; brother appears and take the hit in front of him. Truth is that all this time he hasn't been cold on purposed; he protected Daichi from these dudes targetting him. Then he is hit by a arrow that send everyone hitten by it to a different dimension. Before dissappearing they share a soft moment and Daichi is given a powerful electrical Mysticker. Then aniki dissappears and Daichi has his revenge to the bad guy. The enourmous electrict shock wave he uses gets the attetion of brothers friend, who comes to aid ( He is the one with "Buster sword"). In the end they make a deal that he will guide Daichi to new world, world of Blazers.

Pretty much the same thing as with Naruto, Iruka, Mizuki, and the secret that Naruto has Kyuubi inside of him.

Characters are straight from 666 Satan. Well, this didnt pick my interest for now, but few more chapter will tell if this is worth of reading.
 
Last edited:

azure21

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Same here... this manga is quite "forgettable" at the moment.
 

ikuroi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
478
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Yeah well the manga only started so we have to wait and see, it might turn out to be a great manga!

anyway damn to much insipiration from his brother Masashi & Naruto

The guy holding his brother nose as he did when he was a kid, is like the Itachi poked Sasuke when they fought. The whole I try to become stronger than him shit, and what he was always protecting me!?!?
 

roku-sky

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
216
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
I've just read the first chapter. While I loved the concept - the stickers, the environmental messages - what the hell is up with all these emo kids!? The second the protagonist started to cry, I thought "aw, shit". -_-
 

shaman-king

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
does anybody know if this is a weekly or monthly
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's monthly.
 

conn-man

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
1,729
Reaction score
359
Gender
Male
Country
United States
after reading the first two chapters the first thing i'll say is it feels half assed. i like the art alot but not the plot. these magical stickers just arent working for me, feels to much like the whole o parts thing.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What's the thing with those 3/4 trousers... that is such a turn off.-_- As it was already said, the characterdesign was just copied from 666Satan... second turn off.-_-² Nice thing to take the enviroment in cosideration... but "sticker"? We are no 6 year old anymore... the monthly magazine seems to be for 12+.... third turn off.-_-³.

But it seems quiet funny at some parts... I will stick to it for a while. It wo'nt hurt me to read 40 pages a month. ^^
 

Neji2112

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i like it and all, but it's really kinda too slow for me, i wish it was a weekly manga. that way things would at least seem like it's moving faster... but it's still only on chapter 4 which'll be out soon. but the plot is still kind of ambiguous, and doesnt really seem to be going much of anywhere... thought we have 2 new characters and another wierd animal thing... i hope it gets better as it goes on...
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm actually not reminded of Jio when seeing Daichi. Anyway, yeah the plot is moving somewhat slowly (why doesn't Seishi do a weekly series?), but I liked the battle on top of the train. I still dislike the concept of stickers though (reminds me of SSB. Brawl which I recently got).

By the way, I think it's cool how much attention the magazine is giving Blazer Driver. Much more attention than 666 Satan ever got...
 

Zoe

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
104
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
United States
By the way, I think it's cool how much attention the magazine is giving Blazer Driver. Much more attention than 666 Satan ever got...
Seems like it's been in the works for a while with the video game already planned and everything.
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So it's end up being a thin plot to a game... It has'nt reached the nice feeling of Monster Hunter Orange now. I hope it wo'nt be a typical grind game for the japanese citizens.,. with all the stickers to search for...
 
Last edited:
Top