- Joined
- Apr 12, 2008
- Messages
- 253
- Reaction score
- 116
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
Scantalation provided by MangaPanda
Central Characters
Isshin Shiba
Ichigo Kurosaki
Renji Abarai
Ōetsu Nimaiya
Tōshirō Hitsugaya
Rangiku Matsumoto
Los Tres Grandes
The Background
Last chapter Ichigo returned home from SS all out of funk. With no Zangetsu and the weight of the world on his shoulders he felt like he couldn't stand in front of his friends or his Faja. He decided to crash at Ikumi's place to get out of the Rain (Chapter reference!) and after some pep talk Ikumi reminded Ichigo, in a way, to trust his father. Eventually Isshin showed up in Shinigami garb and took Ichigo away to reveal the truth behind his heritage/powers. His mother was a Quincy!Last weeks chapter was rated a 7.2.
The Review
The Chapter starts back in “Heaven” with Oetsu stating exactly how I felt. Why didn't Renji speak up? But alas it's because he understood that Ichigo wasn't normal. Well to be honest he isn't even a true Shinigami because he didn't have an Asauchi to begin with. KT even clears up how Kenpachi obtained his Asauchi as well. This was a nice touch as it did stir some of the fanbase a bit. Basically though, if you want to be a Shinigami you must have an Asauchi. This would mean Oetsu is as important as anyone ever in SS. Now I definitely want to see what his Soul Slayer is capable of.
We flip back to Isshin telling Ichigo his story and oh wow. It seems Isshin was a Shiba and the 10th Division's Captain. Well not too suprising for anyone that really paid attention but still it's nice to be literally told. What else do we have though? Well we knew Matsumoto was one of the oldest VC's but I didn't actually think her and Isshin were one and two. Well maybe he kept her around for her Boo..Bubbly personality! I sure would, anyways moving on...she seems to be playful with him (like most female VC's to their Captains honestly) but it's cool to see this side of Isshin was always existent even as a Captain. Now last week I expected KT to throw us something we didn't expect and well if you had predicted that Hitsugaya was already on the up and up (3rd seat) you win the prize. Even cooler was that he was working on Bankai.
After a sequence of contrasting styles between a playful Isshin and a serious Hitsugaya (Imagine if he did that in the present timeline LOL) he reports that there is something killing Shinigami in Narukishi. I'd assume it to be hollow of course but because it's unknown it seems to be quite dangerous. Now Isshin seems to get very serious upon hearing this too, to the point where I'm wondering if he knows something we don't. He even gives a timeline of how long he “should” be gone and leaves without reporting to the Captain Commander. Matsumoto is upset at his sudden departure but Hitsugaya (wise beyond his years) clarifies. Whatever is out there is dangerous and strong and they wouldn't be able to help him anyways. It's very revealing of Isshin's character and his status as captain that his VC and 3rd wait and hope for his return.
As the chapter comes to a close we get a interesting glimpse into our favorite villain and his subordinates. They seem to be working on ways to increase hollow strength. Shinigamification is what I want to assume but Tousen says “Target Hollowification” specifically, so I'm a bit lost on that point, regardless the process works on hollows but nothing else. Aizen is fine though as his plans still involve Shinji and his crew. Poor Vizards.
My Thoughts
Isshin is finally a confirmed Shiba! So Kaien makes a bit more sense. Now all that's left is to find out why he was banished. This would coincide with the fall from grace they experienced. Hooking up with a Quincy is a good guess me thinks.
I think this Flashback is before he met Masaki. It's probably somewhat obvious but I'm just saying it.
Just my opinion but it doesn't matter if the current captains recognize Isshin or not at this point in the story. Whatever reason he was banished or disappeared for has cleared up at this point. I'm referring to the Vizards in this case. Since they are allowed back and are captains who cares about Isshin being around or not anymore? Plus he helped with the Aizen thing, in fact he along with Ichigo and Urahara are the reason they were able to defeat Aizen. I think he gets a pass now. /Rant

So if Gin is already a captain this flashback is less than 50 years ago and if we go by ages of characters (Ichigo), this story is probably between 20-30 years ago. Interesting.
My Questions
It's comical to know that Zangetsu gave Ichigo an Asauchi during his Bankai training but how was he able to procure one?

Predictions
Well its tough to say. Vizards, Masaki, Isshin and Aizen. I think the Hougyko played a big part in Ichigo being born. I mean can a Gigai reproduce with a human? Really? That's later though for next chapter I'm just looking forward to some fighting as well and Quincy Ownage of course.
That’s it for this week see ya next chapter!

Last edited: