Misc Attempt C&C my cleaning attempt please

Trejo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Well I had my second real go at cleaning so here are the results. Any advice would be appreciated.



 

DelGrecco

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Just a very quick comment. Your work looks good, but looks a little washed out in spots. The main thing that jumped out to me is that in the first two examples the backgrounds are lighter than the originals which hurts the contrast a little. In one or two of the panels, with the lighter background it almost starts to look like scanning smudges. In the last example you were able to keep the backgrounds from fading, so if you did something different with that one I might suggest seeing how that works for the first two examples. Good luck with your future experiments :)
 
Last edited:

Trejo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think that occurred when I was leveling. I must have put too much white into it and not enough black.

Also not too sure what you mean by 'washed out'. Do you mind elaborating?

Thanks for the C&C
 

[Ju-Ni]Vicissitude

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
119
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's usually what 'washed out' refers to, yeah. The colors look faded because they're too light and the blacks didn't balance out when you leveled. Usually a simple fix.
 

DelGrecco

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yep, that's what I was getting at. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on that. Thank you to [Ju-Ni]Vicissitude for addressing it in the mean time.
 
Top