Done Can anyone help me with these two sentences?

Cheesus

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
11
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If anyone can help me with these two sentences I'd really appreciate it (Having trouble assembling it):
1) 列車なんて初めてなんだから仕方ねーだろ
2)真逆じゃないですか! (I want to say its "Its not the opposite" however the ending 'ka' throws me off)
 

Tanequil

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
67
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

1) It can't be helped because it's the first time (with regards to) a train, right? (<-- Context would help for the verb that you want to use instead of "with regards to".)
2) It isn't the opposite, is it? (I think the 'ka' just adds uncertainty - doesn't negate it imo)
 

Cheesus

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
11
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

@Tanequil Here is the page for context: http://imgur.com/zhXRolp

Thanks for the help on the second question btw!
 

Tanequil

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
67
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread (Thread for members with little/no JP knowledge. OP for instruction.)

Hm. I'd go with: It can't be helped since it's the first time we're taking a train!
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
2)真逆じゃないですか! (I want to say its "Its not the opposite" however the ending 'ka' throws me off)
I guess you got a negative sentence from "ない," but じゃないですか(=ではないですか) is just a rhetorical question, which actually means positive. To use your sentence, replace your "It's not" with "Isn't it" and add a question mark. (Plus add "total" which is 真 before "opposit.")


tanequil said:
Hm. I'd go with: It can't be helped since it's the first time we're taking a train!
It's not entirely wrong to go with "we're," but I would get rid of it (=we're) or use "I'm" instead because he is talking about himself.
 
Last edited:
Top