Question Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centrelink

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
164
Reaction score
73
Age
75
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm going to go ahead and /sign this thread.

My posts get removed for no reason whatsoever in the Naruto forums.

Ontopic.
In the right place.
More then one sentence.
Not derogatory or flaming.

And they are deleted because admins I'm assuming don't agree with my POV.

I make a thread about it in the suggestion forums and that post is removed with a PM saying that using the term "natsi" when refering to admins can get me banned....AND THAT THREAD IS DELETED.

I reply to that PM asking why my thread was removed when there are a handful of threads in the same section using the word natsi, or polightly shuffling around using the term natsi (like this one). And I don't recieve a response.

I'm sorry but the way the Naruto section is being modded right now I am --- far from stopping any input whatsoever and just reading it.

Because your not promoting a discussion or a community at all.

And yes I understand what It means to mod large community forums. I myself am an admin for both shadowpriest.com and the battlefieldheroes.com forums.
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Hi, Centrelink. I am not completely sure what your original complaint was all about as I was looking through your post history and I can see that the post in the Naruto section you were referring to in your deleted thread was, in fact, not removed. Your post can be found here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1916069#post1916069. I assure you that the moderators at MH do not remove posts based on whether or not they agree with the content. It's natural that everyone will not agree with what is said in every post. Anything we remove is done only for the purpose of promoting healthy, meaningful, respectful discussion.

Also, I know that you have been contacted about the deleted thread by another global moderator who explained the reason for deletion. Likening anyone, moderator or otherwise, to Nazis in an insulting manner will not be tolerated in this forum. No bashing is rule #1 at MH. I am not sure why you haven't received a response yet from the moderator in question, but it may have just been an issue of time. Please have some patience and I will check it out for you.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Sorry I did not reply to your PM when received yesterday. Unfortunately I did not log onto MH until late last night. When I had the time to consider and write a response to you, this thread had been posted.

Being blunt, neither I, nor any other member of the staff appreciates being called a Nazi. If the the last thread to be posted referring to us as such was locked but allowed to remain, so be it. But, it is well within the rights of any member of the staff to delete a thread or post that refers to us, or any member, in a disrespectful manner. If one thread/post is deleted and another is locked but visible that in no way means it is okay to refer to anyone in such a manner.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
And they are deleted because admins I'm assuming don't agree with my POV.
In response to that... if we deleted posts just because we didn't agree on anyone's PoV, whether it be yours or anyone's, I and few others would probably delete most, if not all, Tobito theories, as well as Sasuke hating posts (even though I personally don't like Sasuke) and any posts praising Pain.
Despite what you think, we don't delete posts just because we disagree with what you or anyone says. We delete posts if it breaks the rules, and believe me, members aren't always aware if they break rules or not. Besides, I only see one post deleted within past few days or weeks, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Instead of making topics and bashing staff, or bashing staff in private, talk to the staff member nicely. We're here to help out, we want to help out, but it's hard when we don't know the problem and when someone just starts bashing us out of nowhere. I'm willing to work with the members. I want to work with the members, and help them out. But I have to know that they need help. If you have any problems, PM us, or me. We're willing to help you out. Despite what you think, we're not strict or rigid; we're just doing our job as moderator. We don't delete posts without good reason... hell, I delete posts only if I can back up why I deleted it.

Moderators don't just exist to lock topics and delete posts. They also exist to talk with if there's a problem. We have gone out of our ways just for members many times before, we don't mind doing it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top