Help [CH] Problem with names

LowFatMilk

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Hey there :)
Thanks for taking the time to open this thread.

I'm new to translating and Editing. My translation is from Chinese > English and English translations usually follow Japanese names, so I'm currently facing this problem with names.

Here's a list of names I need help with...
四谷稔
小绘
致东道
 
Last edited:

natural-log

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
66
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Is there any way to access the original? I think it's much easier that way rather than "back-translating" the name translation, if that happens to be possible.
 

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
1,196
Reaction score
504
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ok, the first could still be left in it's original Japanese Kanji, but judging by the other two, it's probably been converted phonetically, or something.

For future refernce, use this to convert.
As you can see, the 2nd 2 don't work, so the first is probably wrong as well. You have to find the originals in Japanese, as above ^
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
If you don't have the original Japanese raw as natural-log suggested, it might help if you give the name of the manga you're translating (preferably the Japanese name if you know it). I can check out the wikipedia page or something to see if those can shed any light.

四谷稔 is the name of a seiyuu (voice actor), Yotsuya Ken. I'm not 100% sure if this is the name of the character in this manga you're talking about though, as the character's name could use a different reading.
 

randomannoy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Age
66
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I have the problem since I translate chi too=) normally I request for jap raws or I just give up and use hanyupinyin =) google translate actually works well for translating kanji, katakana too:)
lol bakahaze we meet finally XD actually not exactly meet...

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

another important thing is to translate the simplified chinese to traditional chinese cause japanese kanji is based on trad...

致(cannot be translated)

小繪 = Shō e ( translate google form) Shou e (actual jap hiragana writing)
致東道 = 致 Tōdō ~ = 致Tou dou
 
Last edited:

myao

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I replied to this a couple of hours ago, so dunno why it didn't show up.

The protagonist's name is 四ツ谷稔 (Yotsuya Minoru). There's another female character named 金剛寺美々杏 (Kongouji Bibian) later on in the series. Minoru's cellphone is called ケータイくん (Keitai-kun). As for 東道 (Toudou), he's Minoru's senpai but I don't know what his first name is.

[c]
Your original post was caught in the moderation filter.
Its not perfect but we need it to filter spam bots. :shakefist
Since you made a new post with the same answer, I deleted the original post.
[/c]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top