Chains of Fate

RokuManga

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
Panama
Hey there, I represent a group called Rokumanga (think of it as the CLAMP group or most of the artist writer pairings that work under one name). We are working to establish a reader base so if you can support us it would be greatly appreciated.

You can check the manga out at www.rokumanga.com

All Comments and Critiques can be posted here.


Genre: Adventure/Comedy/Fantasy/Samurai/Shounen

Synopsis

Chains of Fate tells the story of Garasaki Tanaka, a swordsman with an extremely rooted sense of justice who stops at nothing to defeat what he considers evil and wrong-doings in the world. He meets up with Kasuki Shibuya, a pessimistic swordsman who considers the world to be a harsh and unfair place where only those with the strongest will can survive. Together they discover that their pasts are linked by a series of events concerning a group known as the “Hitokiri” attempting to kidnap them by any means necessary.

Wanting to know the reason behind these persecutions and understand why their lives appear to be intertwined, both Garasaki and Kasuki embark in a search for answers that will take them around the world, meeting many friends and foes along the way, as they rediscover ancient civilizations, play vital roles in wars between nations, and gain a greater understanding of how the world came to be.


Here is the profile of the main characters for the prologue:

Name: Garasaki Tanaka

Age: 7

Hair: Red

Eyes: Blue

Height: 112 cm

Hair Style: Short Hair

Brief Description: Garasaki is your typical mischievous boy who causes trouble wherever he goes. He's very energetic, and holds a very strong bond with his parents. He usually portrays a rebelious attitude, and never backs away from a challenge. His antics are notorious in his village. Because of this, most of the villagers despise him.

Name: Kasuki Shibuya

Age: 8

Hair: Black

Eyes: Black

Height: 104 cm

Hair Style: Short Hair

Brief Description: Kasuki is a silent boy who is raised in a very conflictive environment. He is usually calm and quiet, but when provoked he can be very dangerous and hard to calm down. His parents are usually fighting over petty things, but he doesn't pay a lot of attention to it, and is sometimes even amused by their fights.


Here is the official cover of the manga, pages of the prologue will be uploaded soon.

 
Last edited:

TitaniumChloride

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
489
Reaction score
1,009
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
From what I see, your art ain't half bad and I'm impressed by the effort behind the preview pages you're teasing us with up there. Well done! :D

Now, it's probably unfair of me to say all this since you guys haven't even put up a full chapter yet, but I'm personally not all that excited about Chains of Fate. From reading the brief synopsis, I got the impression of 'two wandering warriors helping random people out and will eventually face a great evil' which sounds rather... cliché. There's nothing there that tells me how your story will stand out from the rest. Despite that, it's not a bad thing if you're sticking to the basics, especially since this is your first project. It's all in the execution, as they say. By the time your chapter comes out, I might even be kicking myself in the teeth for saying all this because you guys really know what you're doing.

One last thing I'm concerned with atm is the many side stories you're all planning. I worry that the side stories might overtake the main story, which is kind of a bad thing since it's supposed the main story that holds everything together. It might even be that the side stories become more interesting than the main story. :darn

Here's to hoping that your actual work will put all these irrelevant fears to rest. ;)
 

RokuManga

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
Panama
From what I see, your art ain't half bad and I'm impressed by the effort behind the preview pages you're teasing us with up there. Well done! :D

Now, it's probably unfair of me to say all this since you guys haven't even put up a full chapter yet, but I'm personally not all that excited about Chains of Fate. From reading the brief synopsis, I got the impression of 'two wandering warriors helping random people out and will eventually face a great evil' which sounds rather... cliché. There's nothing there that tells me how your story will stand out from the rest. Despite that, it's not a bad thing if you're sticking to the basics, especially since this is your first project. It's all in the execution, as they say. By the time your chapter comes out, I might even be kicking myself in the teeth for saying all this because you guys really know what you're doing.

One last thing I'm concerned with atm is the many side stories you're all planning. I worry that the side stories might overtake the main story, which is kind of a bad thing since it's supposed the main story that holds everything together. It might even be that the side stories become more interesting than the main story. :darn

Here's to hoping that your actual work will put all these irrelevant fears to rest. ;)
Thanks for the constructive criticism, this is exactly what we need right now.

Things to clarify:

-Side stories will be made in a much later point of the Manga.

-We understand that the plot synopsis is rather vague and we plan to rewrite it to make it far more attractive and interesting.

The upcoming update will include an updated synopsis and also a new description of another country, Pyong Sool.

Stay tuned for the latest updates!


Update for today:

-Added genre and better plot synopsis

-Added new country description, Pyong Sool
 
Last edited:

beltranl

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
62
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I enjoyed the art... Like TitaniumChloride said the drawings from the preview are really descriptive saying, that picture wise it will be very good to see. I am wondering though if they will just travel the world fighting random guys, throwing the Main Villain and the point of the story here and there until they finally meet up. I can understand some random fights in the beginning and a few here and there later on, but if a story is meant to show us what the story is meant to be, fights directly related to the villain have to take most of the story... like bleach, it started out really good and interesting, but after so many meaningless fights it takes a toll making it hard to keep viewing/reading... I mean loyal readers will keep reading/viewing until it gets good again, but why do it in the first place. Some very good mangas have been short. It's better to have something short and sweet than long and unsatisfying. Neon Genesis Evangelion was short, but a very fulfilling manga. I wrote a lot, sorry. I hope you don't think I'm trying to discourage you, just think the story through to make it the best it can because I really think it could be something great. Well, good luck and I hope to see more.:tem
 
Last edited:

Theorangefox

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
25
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Damn that artwork is nice but they don't really look 7 or 8 from the concepts you showed us. Again with the main storyline it does sound a bit empty and cliché but i have yet to see your updates. I definitely see potential here especially with the artwork as you have shown you can already work it into a manga format, Keep going at it! (PS; i wish i could draw like you guys!)
 
Last edited:

pimpsNhoes

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
i think it is wonderful and original, your artwork is really good, i guess its cause your older than me. the plot seems good and everything looks really carefuly planned and thought out. keep going and rech for the manga stars!!1
 

MangaLoveu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yes, I agree, the art is excellent.
 

shinjiru777

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
38
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
This can be interesing, but ...orginal? I dont think so...or...Im just wrong xD I see two swordsmans like white tiger and black dragon yin yang one is optimist and secound is pessimist... but what we can do to make this more interesing...er....? I feel this is boring for now... ;p I think this will be interesing but we have many swordsman' story for now... boring, boring boring xD
 
Last edited:

RokuManga

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
Panama
Hey everyone, its been a while since we've updated this post. We would like to inform you that our work has been steadily progressing and soon will upload the full prologue for your enjoyment :)

We appreciate all of your comments and critique! Keep checking as we will start updating with more stuff later on!

We have uploaded our first 10 page teaser over at rokumanga.smackjeeves.com.

The site is still in development and most likely move on to our own domain as soon as the page layout is done.

Give the site a visit and post your comments/critique over here!

The RokuManga Team
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Nice art, reminds me of katanagatari.
Good luck to your project :tem
 

RokuManga

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
Panama
Hello everyone! Its been a while since we last posted information about our manga project. Today we are glad to announce that our manga progress is going stronger than ever and we also have our official website!

Any critiques regarding the cover of the manga or the first 10 pages in the manga section of our site are more than welcome :) We will be updating this post more regularly and with lots of more content.

Regards,

The RokuManga Team

---------- Post added November 24, 2011 at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was November 19, 2011 at 09:32 PM ----------

Hey everybody! We've updated our website, www.rokumanga.com, and added 19 pages to the Prologue chapter.

We've received some concerns regarding Chain's of Fate's logo design as well as its cover so we are currently modifying them. Expect the modified logo and new cover sometime soon.

Any comments or criticisms are more than welcome both here and on our site.

Hope to hear from the Manga Helpers community,

The RokuManga team
 

RokuManga

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
Panama
Heu guys! Long time no see. Just letting you all know that we have made another page update (up to 53 pages now!)

We will be uploading the last few pages by the end of this week.

Hope you guys like the new pages! As always, please leave your comments and critiques!

Regards,

The RokuManga Team
 
Top