Chapter 322 Contributions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter 322 Contributions

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Those, who are good with portrets rejoice again! :dance

IT'S IZUMO AND KOTETSU!!!

Yeah, Team Asuma Chuunins are the cover models this week. I guess it's only normal to have them as we've had Asuma portrait recently and last week it was Shikamaru.

Speaking of difficulty, it seems as complicated as the one we had last week. Not too hard, but some details might require certain artistic giftedness. In short, it's a great cover for both, experienced artists and beginners. Don't be afraid to give it a try. Up until now, I've never seen somebody being bashed because his work doesn't look like the one made by Vhea or DD. They probably weren't that good at the beginning as well. It all comes with time and work.

As Gallery might come back at some point again, here are a bit updated hints:

1) Show the group you dedicate this work to.
2) If you want your work to be put in our gallery, write for which group you want it to be.
3) If you don't want to contribute to groups, we have a section named "For Fun". You can use it as a solution.
4) System accepts pictures only, if they're smaller than 1024 KB.
5) If you want a short comment to be added, say so and say what comment.
6) If you don't know which group to contribute, check the gallery sections. Maybe you can decide that way.
7) If you don't show the group or state "for everyone", work's put in "For Fun" section.
8) As Shannaro site seems to be down ATM, you can post contributions to them here as well.
9) If you just want to show your work, ignore all the reminders above.
10) Remember to have fun, doing your pictures.
:amuse

Dynamic Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Predator said:
Don't be afraid to give it a try. Up until now, I've never seen somebody being bashed because his work doesn't look like the one made by Vhea or DD. They probably weren't that good at the beginning as well. It all comes with time and work.
haha thats really true ^^
you should see my very first colored cover XD... and i mean very first XD
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17282945/?qo=121&q=by:pokefreak+in:scraps+sort:time

on the other side;
heres a cleaned cover for u guys ^^
please credit me ^^
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4402/page031copyhh9.png

Vhea

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dynamic Dragon said:
haha thats really true ^^
you should see my very first colored cover XD... and i mean very first XD
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17282945/?qo=121&q=by:pokefreak+in:scraps+sort:time
hahahhaha! That's true for me too ù_ú XDDDDD
I have this cover painted too xDDDDDDDDDD
http://www.dreamers.com/beasdreambook/narutocovs/256kuno.jpg

Anyway, I were so much time coloring draws and makin' illust...And believe me.. I was so bad at first xDDD... So... Trying and practicing you can make really good things! Keep it up! *^^*

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for showing us those DD and Vhea. It's just great to be able to see where you started and where you are now. I have to say though, both covers are still excellent! I also really like it when artists show works in progress (DD has done that) and when they show alternative versions to one cover (like what AK46 often does). We fans really appreciate it! :D

Dynamic Dragon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
haha yeah, what vhea said is true ^^ just keep practicing and try out new styles ^^ thats the quickest way to learn, and how I learned ^^
on my neji cover, that was the first time ive discovered potoshop and decided to use it for coloring ^^ i never really knew anything to use it with so yeah lol XD, now i have a tablet so it makes a big difference ^^
but still, after two years of photoshopping, i still dont have the hang of using the pen tool 8O XD o well, my loss, hopefully i can learn it somehow XD

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm the same DD - spied AK's avatar and immediately went looking for the cover! Where is it?!? I'm going crazy not being able to see the finished piece! :D

By the way DD, I love your Hidan line art. Can't wait to see it coloured. It's full of energy that one - a classic action shot. Should come up well with colour.

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I see that all contributions so far are amazing :o Too bad the gallery is still down :sad Hmm... I think I'll use ak46's White Fang wallpaper one of these days, but after some resizing (more like cropping actually then set it centered) because my laptop's resoultion is 1280x800.

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
ok, my dA seems kind enough as to let me post my version of DD's hidan. plz note that the resemblance in background is entirely a coincidence. i finished it before he uploaded it, so dont hate me for that! :D

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39466015/
for japflap

blanchon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Kadoman said:
I'm the same DD - spied AK's avatar and immediately went looking for the cover! Where is it?!? I'm going crazy not being able to see the finished piece! :D

By the way DD, I love your Hidan line art. Can't wait to see it coloured. It's full of energy that one - a classic action shot. Should come up well with colour.
I finished coloring most of it but I'm reworking the background. Right now I'm not at home so probably monday it will be finish. BTW your sig is really nice. [br]Posted on: September 08, 2006, 02:25:12 PM_________________________________________________
rigor mortis said:
Damn that one is just totally amazing...loved the lineart and with color it looks so much cooler <3
thanks[br]Posted on: September 08, 2006, 02:25:31 PM_________________________________________________
Ayah said:
I see that all contributions so far are amazing :o Too bad the gallery is still down :sad Hmm... I think I'll use ak46's White Fang wallpaper one of these days, but after some resizing (more like cropping actually then set it centered) because my laptop's resoultion is 1280x800.
there you go

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1394/whitefangvlpt9.jpg

Ayah

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
OMG! Thank you :glomp

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
another one for japflap!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39508367/

sorry about it being old and crappy... posting only because hidan and kakuzu are the shit! :D

EDIT: IMAGE REMOVED TEMPORARILY, DUE TO PROBLEMS WITH DEVIANTART! WILL BE UP AGAIN LATER, BUT AT ANOTHER ADDRESS. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Good news! ..... Gallery is back and working! :dance

And that means that the pictures I can upload have been uploaded. :amuse

Yay! :woo ~ Ayah

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
YAY! It's finished!

Awesome work AK (don't you ever get sick of being told that?):D

This is actually slightly different to your usual style I think...I can't quite work out how...maybe the colours look a little more 'solid' and the lines a bit sharper? It looks really smooth - not as much of a raw edge to this one (which is what I love so much about your usual style). Love the detail on the bench they're sitting on and how you can still see the hatching in their shadows. I like the tree in the background and how the colour of the sky is a bit lighter (brighter?) on the left hand side.

I think...this might turn out to be my favourite of yours so far (but it's hard to choose between this and the one of Sasuke with the snake).

Well done!!! :p