- Joined
- Jul 5, 2009
- Messages
- 100
- Reaction score
- 420
- Age
- 39
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
A LoneLobo Review
Hi guys! I finished my bachelor thesis and are now waiting for the results, but the new semester has already started and I entered the master program, so... not that much time again. xD Although it took a while, I really wanted to do this review. And because of this... welcome to a LoneLobo review.^^Chapter 601: Romance Dawn for the New World
This chapter is actually the second Romance Dawn chapter we have come across so far, but I'm sure everybody knows that.
The first chapter of One Piece was called "Romance Dawn - The Beginning of the Adventures" and this one now, 600 chapters later, is called "Romance Dawn for the New World - The Dawn of an Adventure into a New World". In chapter one Luffy set sail, but in chapter 601 everyone sets sail to new adventures into a new ocean, the New World. However, New World can also mean the new world which our heroes are now into. Two years have passed, and there could be some changes to the power balance in the New World and such. This is a really nice idea to pick up the Romance Dawn idea again and present it to us a second time. Great choice, Oda.Yohohoho!
Starting with the chapter: Brook is "rescued" by the flying fish riders and escapes. Pretty obvious, isn't it? What’s interesting here is that Brook is definitely his old self, as we get the typical “I’m just bones” joke. The second interesting part is that he definitely has some hardcore fans who attack the marines for their King of Pop… Soul.
We cut to Sanji and Zoro. Sanji explains to Zoro what is happening in separate words so that he should get it. Zoro is kinda cool and says the he will chop Sanji later. And then Sanji continues to talk in separate words… this was so funny xD
Another jump to the fake crew and the real Luffy. Luffy still thinks that these fakes are not Zoro and Sanji, but he also does not see that there is an imposter of him as well. Suddenly they are surrounded by marines. The fake Luffy gives an order, but he is totally ignored. And then they attack each other… great =P
Pacifistas having fun
Oh, and then the Pacifistas arrive. They are doing what they always do: follow orders and defeat the enemy forces. One picks up Luffy and we see that Luffy really is worth 400 Million, which is kinda disappointing. I had hoped for more, but 400 isn’t that bad. Oh well. The Pacifistas pick up the pirates like they are toys and totally own them. The fake Luffy actually does the right thing then: he wants to escape. However, he is stopped by Sentomarou and knocked out. He immediately sees through the whole scheme and PX-5 reveals that the fake one was just a 26 million pirate called three-tongued Demalo Black. A really fitting name, isn’t it? Now everyone notices that he was a fake and Luffy starts to get the situation as well. Funny: Luffy still thinks that they looked the same. Lol, so in this regard he hasn’t matured at all. It’s good to know that this is the old Luffy. And then PX-5 attacks him because he can easily see through the awesome disguise. And I really mean it's awesome, because the beard is just cool. He then has to reveal himself after jumping away (easily!). What's interesting comes next: he talks about his special lunchboxes. Now, are they special because Hancock made them? Because it is the meat of a sea king (if I remember correctly)? Hm, I don't know... everyone reacts surprised (this is kinda typical One Piece as I write this sentence in almost every review oO) and Sentomarou says that he is now an official Marine now. Okay, should we care about that? Does it change anything? No, it does not. But when PX-5 attacks Luffy it really starts to get SUPER interesting.
Romance Dawn Remembered
Luffy avoids easily the beam of PX-5 and says slow. Okay, we get it. Luffy has gotten a lot of stronger and due to his haki he can foresee the laser. That was interesting. SUPER interesting is that he uses Gear 2nd only on his arm. See, only on his arm. He does not have to pump anymore or so, he just uses it on the part he needs it for. I think this means that he can use it more often because not the whole body is damaged in the process. Remember, Gear 2nd is not really healthy for Luffy. Or at least, it was...
It stays interesting as Luffy totally owns PX-5 with a Jet Pistol. Much like he owned the sea monster in chapter 1. And there are more parallels here. The sea monster back then symbolized something which stood in the way of Luffy. To go out into the world he had to beat it. This time he had to beat the pacifista, an enemy he had to overcome to get to the New World.
Luffy runs away and meets up with Sanji and Zoro, the real ones this time. Both together own another PX. This again shows how they matured, as Sanji is able to break the neck of it (on Thriller Bark he almost broke his own leg) and Zoro is able to slice right through him (in TB he was only able to cut Kuma a little bit). Oh, and that Luffy #9 part was funny.
But the chapter is not over yet. Luffy spots Rayleigh, who was watching, and thanks him. But because of this being a romance dawn chapter, he shouts out that he wants to be the Pirate King. Just like in chapter 1. I like the connection Oda draws to the very first chapter. And the chapter ends with Rayleigh doing a double sexy-cry.
Predictions
As the next chapters are already out, there will be no predictions here. Only one for chapter 604: there will be no fight in it, I think the fight will happen on Fishman Island. I just can't see a fight between two coated ships... and that Kuma-debt part was awesome. I think I predicted something like that a while ago, but I forgot where... oh well.^^
LoneLobo
Credits: All chapter 601 pictures taken from mangastream.