Request Chapter Name

Hyuver

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
14
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Is it possible to have custom chapter name instead of just chapter number range from 01 - something.

I want to add a prologue chapter and I put prologue on the chapter field it said only integer accepted, then when I try to put 00 at the chapter field it said out of range.

I don't want to combine the release with the first chapter, because my group release it separated and also sometime there are chapter that didn't fit into number like the first chapter of Alive vol 10, it didn't have any chapter number, it's called "Intermission" which is like prologue to the second part story.
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
The purpose of the chapter numbers is to easily sort the translations into sequential order. If you have something else there, the chapters will be out of order when listing all the chapters. For example, the list of chapters would look like this (chapter numbers are arbitrary).

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Intermission <-- it's supposed to be between which chapters?
Prologue

For your Intermission / Prologue chapters, you could consider releasing them by volume?

Another suggestion is to have non-integer and zero values in the chapter number, so you could have things like chapter 0, 0.5, 4.5, etc.
 

Hyuver

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
14
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Another suggestion is to have non-integer and zero values in the chapter number, so you could have things like chapter 0, 0.5, 4.5, etc.
I try to put 0 or 00 it said "Out of Range" and then I try 0.5 it said "This field must be an integer"
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Sorry, I meant that this function isn't available yet. ^^ Still discussing it with the techs.

However, we did add a new function. You can now use numbers like 1a or 1b. But, you still can't use 0, nor 0a. :)
 
Top