Characters discussion. | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Characters discussion.

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
1) Elizabeth and King= Elizabeth because of the whole reincarnation thing and how she learned to be more independent and make decisions on her own without relying on Meliodas. Also, she became tougher and braver than before. King because of the whole Helbram/Elaine guilt and how he learned so much from those experiences. And lastly his power up which was so awesome. Some may disagree with me but frankly I don't care. :catshrug

2) Diane and Escanor = What it irks me in NNT is the multiple moments Diane got an amnesia from other characters for no reason at all which prevent many character developments she could have and her being a constant victim of it which she didn't deserve at all. I was actually very happy when she got her memories back but that didn't make up for how she was almost ruined before. And Escanor because he was still the same as when he was introduced. Him being sick because of his Grace was the only thing that changed about him.

2)Ludociel= 'Nuff said. The Camelot arc is really fleshing him up and turning him from a one-dimensional anti-villain into a more complex character in my opinion. I can't wait to see where will Nakaba will go with his character.

3) Veronica= She's...just there. While her two sisters became more relevant to the plot and the other human characters of her generation like Hauzer gets into actions, she seemingly disappeared. It is a shame because she showed potential in season 1.

4)Love: Estarossa/Mael Hate: The Masters

Estarossa/Mael= His character was what convinced me to start reading the manga after season 1 ended and I never regretted it. He is so entertaining and reading about him has moved me more than other characters in anime.

The Masters= Where do I begin? No foreshadowing, no hints of their characters and then they showed up ad one of them literally fodderized two awesome and lovable commandments. I can't wait until the Sins killed them. They're no better than inconvenient insects to me no matter how powerful they are. Ugh, just die already.

5) No one. I'm still enjoying the manga as I did before. These recent chapters are actually making me more hyped than ever before.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

W-what? Why do you hate Hawk?:gwah
Animals = Scary! => Pure hate

Isn't
Veronica = Too minor => To consider ?

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Animals = Scary! => Pure hate

Isn't
Veronica = Too minor => To consider ?
B-but Hawk is cute...

About Veronica, just because she is a minor character doesn't mean Nakaba has to make her disappear from the start of the second Holy War. I mean, he pretty much made Margaret more relevant to the plot and she was an inactive character before. Meanwhile, Veronica had the assertive, independent tomboy attitude that actually fit well in a Shounen manga but ended up as a wasted potential. I'm just disappointed at what happened to her and she became meh to me in the end. I completely forgot about her until today.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
B-but Hawk is cute...

About Veronica, just because she is a minor character doesn't mean Nakaba has to make her disappear from the start of the second Holy War. I mean, he pretty much made Margaret more relevant to the plot and she was an inactive character before. Meanwhile, Veronica had the assertive, independent tomboy attitude that actually fit well in a Shounen manga but ended up as a wasted potential. I'm just disappointed at what happened to her and she became meh to me in the end. I completely forgot about her until today.
Wasn't
Margaret = Elizabeth sis => Mythology ?
Dont know = Veronica
(Thats probably the reason)

From afar = Cute
Closer = Shivers!

Hate = Animals
(Doggy, Piggy, kitte = Doesn't matter)

Bittersweettea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wasn't
Margaret = Elizabeth sis => Mythology ?
Dont know = Veronica
(Thats probably the reason)

From afar = Cute
Closer = Shivers!

Hate = Animals
(Doggy, Piggy, kitte = Doesn't matter)
Maybe. I didn't know that much about the Arthurian Mythology that doesn't involve the Knights of the Round Table and Lancelot and Guinevere.

=/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\=

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
1) King and Gowther - When you compare how they act now to how they acted when they were first introduced, there's a clear difference.
2) Diane - She was introduced so early on but her character seems to have regressed more than progressed. Practically nothing of importance about her has changed or been expanded on. Giants in general are just lacking any meaningful development.
3) Oof. WARNING: VERY UNPOPULAR OPINION
There's a lot of characters that I personally don't care about so I'll just name the characters that will get me the most amount of hate. It's Ban, Escanor, and Merlin.
Ban - I know that he's a very popular character but he's just never really grabbed my interest. He's just not the kind of character that I get invested in.
Escanor - I don't get the hype and I never will. Honestly, although I chose Diane as least developed, Escanor's rather undeveloped too. If you take away the "hype" from his character, there isn't really much else from what I see.
Merlin - Kind of like Ban, she just isn't really a character that I get interested in.
I don't really care about Arthur either, to be honest.
4) Love - King. His fighting style is unique and highly versatile. He's also the most relatable character to me.
Hate: No one in particular. I'm just more indifferent to characters rather than hate.
5) Any character that suddenly got ridiculous power levels. Meliodas, the 10C when they were first introduced (Galand's PL was more than 6 sins altogether), Mael, etc. The biggest problem with this manga that I have is how it's handled and that includes the power levels. I can overlook the SD and DK since they are "gods" but if the power level increases were more gradual that colossal, I don't think the series would feel nearly as ridiculous.

Mythoclast

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Gonna base my list on the main cast for the most part.

1.Mel has the most development
2.On the other hand,Escanor has had the least development thus far
3.Mel is the most complex.
4.Arthur has the most potential as a character.
5.Elizabeth is meh
6.I don't actually hate anyone
7.King,Mel and Mael are the ones who've ruined the series for me.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well then, according to you and your own personal opinion which:

1) Which character got the most development in his/her character in NNT until now?

2) Which character got the less development in his/her character in NNT until now?

2) Which character is the most complex in NNT and has potential in his/her character at the end?

3) Which character is " meh " for you? You either don't hate it or love it.

4) Which character you literally love/hate in NNT?

5) Which character ruined the manga and show for you and why?
1- Probably Mel, Ban and King.
2- As of now, Escanor is the most important that comes to my mind, but most of the 10C didn't get any development (specially Grayroad, seriously what was the point of her character?)
3- Most likely Mel.
4- Vivian, Hendrickson, Drole, Elaine...
5- Love: Mel, Escanor, Estarossa and King.
6- Hate: None in particular. At most I don't care about them too much, but particularly hate no one no as far as I'm concerned.
7- As of now, none.

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
1- Probably Mel, Ban and King.
2- As of now, Escanor is the most important that comes to my mind, but most of the 10C didn't get any development (specially Grayroad, seriously what was the point of her character?)
3- Most likely Mel.
4- Vivian, Hendrickson, Drole, Elaine...
5- Love: Mel, Escanor, Estarossa and King.
6- Hate: None in particular. At most I don't care about them too much, but particularly hate no one no as far as I'm concerned.
7- As of now, none.
I definitely agree with what you said about gray road. I don’t understand why nakaba even came up with gray road if he wasn’t going to do shit with him? Probably the biggest waste of space among the commandments.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I definitely agree with what you said about gray road. I don’t understand why nakaba even came up with gray road if he wasn’t going to do shit with him? Probably the biggest waste of space among the commandments.
Grayroad only served as a hype tool for Merlin and that's it. Done. Her personality is almost non-existent also. By far, the most disappointing member of the 10C in my opinion. Most of the others were badly treated but at least most of their personalities were fun and their abilities cool. Grayroad couldn't even accomplish that, lol.

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Grayroad only served as a hype tool for Merlin and that's it. Done. Her personality is almost non-existent also. By far, the most disappointing member of the 10C in my opinion. Most of the others were badly treated but at least most of their personalities were fun and their abilities cool. Grayroad couldn't even accomplish that, lol.
Agree and that is truly disappointing.

A lot of thing could be developed and explored with Grayroad, she was an anomaly between the Gray Demon.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's gonna be revealed that merlina was the pacifism before Grayroad.