- Joined
- Mar 28, 2005
- Messages
- 1,630
- Reaction score
- 200
- Age
- 41
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
While talking to a friend of mine in Japan about the legendary anime series Musashi Gundoh, he linked me to an anime that he saw during his childhood that is probably just as hilariously bad, if not worse.
Chargeman Ken.
The series is about a kid who can charge his powers from surrounding light sources and use them through a laser type gun. Really though, that doesn't even matter. Each episode is about 5 minutes in length with 30 minutes or more worth of plot packed into it. In otherwords, it moves ridiculously fast and seemingly at random all the time. Ken, our main character, also says and does some pretty terrible things at times. Ranging from seeing some other kid set fire to a building and then just giving the kid a warning rather than taking him to the police, and not saving a man who has dynamite in his head (instead using him as a human bomb of sorts).
Seriously, it's so bad that you have to love it or absolutely hate it.
Me? I love it so much I decided to translate one of the greater episodes. Luckily for me, all the episodes are on NicoNico, so I've got them all now and will likely translate the whole series if people enjoy it. Sadly, I don't have the money to buy the ridiculously expensive DVDs and get you amazing quality, so YouTube will have to do. (Resolution from Nico is 512x384, VP6 encoded video, so not that great.)
01: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98dP_RshbU
35: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsoaHMOp5uM
Translation, timing, encoding and all that done by me.
Chargeman Ken.
The series is about a kid who can charge his powers from surrounding light sources and use them through a laser type gun. Really though, that doesn't even matter. Each episode is about 5 minutes in length with 30 minutes or more worth of plot packed into it. In otherwords, it moves ridiculously fast and seemingly at random all the time. Ken, our main character, also says and does some pretty terrible things at times. Ranging from seeing some other kid set fire to a building and then just giving the kid a warning rather than taking him to the police, and not saving a man who has dynamite in his head (instead using him as a human bomb of sorts).
Seriously, it's so bad that you have to love it or absolutely hate it.
Me? I love it so much I decided to translate one of the greater episodes. Luckily for me, all the episodes are on NicoNico, so I've got them all now and will likely translate the whole series if people enjoy it. Sadly, I don't have the money to buy the ridiculously expensive DVDs and get you amazing quality, so YouTube will have to do. (Resolution from Nico is 512x384, VP6 encoded video, so not that great.)
01: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S98dP_RshbU
35: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsoaHMOp5uM
Translation, timing, encoding and all that done by me.
Last edited: