Chords for Bink's Sake, anyone?

Fallou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
1,871
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hi everyone! I've tried to figure out the guitar chords for Brooke's "Bink's sake" by myself, but it seems I'm too lousy to find out anything more complicated than the old blues pattern:D. So if anyones who knows his/her way around music can figure the chords out for me, I'd be really grateful. Thx in advance!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Goji

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
878
Reaction score
92
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well, that's a good question. I know that the song (music not text) is composed by Kouhei Tanaka, but I don't know where you could find it...

I hope you find someone who can figure out the chords themselves. ^^
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Well, choose it at your own risk whether you'd trust my ears or not :) (just don't take revenge at me if it's proven wrong)
It's a simple and nice little piece and the whole song screams G major - bold words are where the chords orderly start...

G
Yohohoho, yohohoho~ (x4)

G - Em - G - Em
Binkusu no sake wo, todoke ni yuku yo

Em - C - Am - D
Umikaze kimakase namimakase

G - Em - G - Em
Shio no mukoude, yuuhi mo sawagu

Em - C - Bm - D7 - G
Sora nya wa wo kaku, tori no uta

G - Em - G - Em
Sayonara minato, tsumugi no sato yo

Em - C - Am - D
DON to icchou utao, funade no uta

G - Em - G - Em
Kinpa-ginpa mo shibuki ni kaete

Em - C - Bm - D7 - G
Oretachya yuku zo, umi no kagiri

The rest just the repeats of the same pattern as above:

G - Em - G - Em
Em - C - Am - D
G - Em - G - Em
Em - C - Bm - D7 - G
 
Last edited:

Fallou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
1,871
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yay!!!That works!!!Thx a lot for that Yabe!!
This makes my day(well, my night;)
 

yukai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
you gotta make a music record and post it here.
I reaaaaaaaly want to hear it.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
that one was really special, can't wait to see the scene shown in the video in anime ~ soon
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I play the song on piano at least somewhat like Brook plays it (the melody with right hand, bass/accompaniment with left) but a half step down since he plays it in Eb and that's too complicated for a non-pianist like me. But when I play it it's sort of:

(I won't post any notation for the melody since you probably know it already)

It seems you can't post several spaces in a row so I can't put where to switch but listen to the song and you should be able to work it out.

At the Yohohoho part, it's just a D with the bass going D-A-D-A and then going downwards. So it's

D (/A) D (/A)
Yohohoho, yohohoho

D (/A) D (/A)
Yohohoho, yohoho

D D/C# Bm A
Yohohoho, yohohoho

G A D
Yohohoho, yohoho

Then the verse goes

D G D G D (<--- not sure about this last D but it comes at the last "yo")
Binkusu no sake wo, todoke ni yuku yo

G G/F# G G/F# E A
Umikaze kimakase namimakase

D G D G D
Shio no mukoude, yuuhi mo sawagu

G G/F# G G/F# A D
Sora nya wa wo kaku, tori no uta

D G D G D
Sayonara minato, tsumugi no sato yo

G G/F# G G/F# E A
DON to icchou utao, funade no uta

D G D G D
Kinpa-ginpa mo shibuki ni kaete

G G/F# G G/F# A D
Oretachya yuku zo, umi no kagiri

If you don't quite understand, I might record it or something if necessary so you can hear.
 

Goji

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
878
Reaction score
92
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Cool to also have a version for the piano available. I don't play it though, but I would love to hear your version someday. ;) :P
 

yukai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Yeah me to, and that girl was amazing.
 

Fallou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
1,871
Gender
Male
Country
France
This some kind of simpler version of Organizized's version, and the one that has worked the best for me until now. The good thing is that you can change tones easily. In G the chords are G C D, in A they're A D E, in C, C F G, and, well you got it x)

D G D G
binks no sake o ,todo ke ni yukuyo
G D A
Umi kaze ki makase nami makase
D G D G
Shio no mukoude, yuhi mo sawagu
G D A D
Sora nya,wa o kaku tori no uta

And same with every verse.
Anyway thx alot Organizized and Yabe
 
Last edited:

Suuusy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Anyone knows the tab for the harmonica???

I really really would like to play this song with my harmonica, but i can't find out the notes by my self..:crying
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Suusy said:
Anyone knows the tab for the harmonica???

I really really would like to play this song with my harmonica, but i can't find out the notes by my self..
On a 10 hole diatonic it'd be something like

I have no idea how to write bends so I'll pretend \ means whole step bend. The -'s means draw.

|: 5 6 6 6 -6 6 5 6
(Yohoho, yohoho)
5 6 6 6 -6 6 5 4 :|
(Yohoho, yohoho)

6 5 -4 4 -3\ -3 4
(Binkusu no Sake wo)

6 5 -4 4 \-3 4 3
(Todo ke ni yukuyo)

\-3 4 3 3
(Umi kaze)

\-3 -3 4 -4
(Ki makase)

5 5 -4 4 -4
(Nami makase)

Then the same thing except ending with

5 5 -4 -4 4
(tori no uta)

I don't know if you're a beginner or not, but here's one octave up for those who're not sure about the bends (will probably sound too high pitched with most harmonicas but whatever.

9 8 -8 7 -6 -7 7
(Binkusu no Sake wo)

9 8 -8 7 -6 7 6
(Todo ke ni yukuyo)

-6 7 6 6
(Umi kaze)

-6 -7 7 -8
(Ki makase)

8 8 -8 7 -8
(Nami makase)

Then the same thing except ending with

8 8 -8 -8 7
(tori no uta)

I hope this is somewhat how you write harmonica tabs, first time I've written it (I hope it's understandable at least :amuse).
 
Last edited:

Zayviar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey, I have also been working on it but i came up with the tabs rather lol xD, its not the best but this is what i came up with so far...

Chorus

El---------------------------------------------l
Bl---------------------------------------------l
Gl-0-3-3-3---5-3-0--3---0-3-3-3---5-3-0----l
Dl------------------------------------------3--l Repeat~
Al---------------------------------------------l
El---------------------------------------------l

Verse

El------------------------------------------------------------------l
Bl------------------------------------------------------------------l
Gl-7-5-3-0-----3----7-5-3-0------7-5-3-0------3-5-7-7-5-5-3---l
Dl----------3-5---------------4-3-----------3-5-------------------l
Al------------------------------------------------------------------l
El------------------------------------------------------------------l


That's all i got so far but you know t=still workin on it ^^;
Tell me if ya like it~
-Zay
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Not bad, but it sounds a bit off if you don't mind me saying so. The chorus would be just like you play it except ending on the Eb (first fret, D-string).

I tried putting it in tabs as well, looks something like this (in the original key)

Chorus
El---------------------------------------------------l
Bl-------------------------------------------------•-l
Gl-0-3-3-3---5-3-0--3---0-3-3-3---5-3-0---------l
Dl----------------------------------------------1----l
Al-------------------------------------------------•-l
El---------------------------------------------------l

Verse

El---------------------------------------------l
Bl---------------------------------------------l
Gl---------------------------------------------l
Dl-8-5----------------8-5--------------------l
Al------8-6---5-6--------8-6----6-----------l
El-----------8------------------8----6--------l

El---------------------------------------------l
Bl---------------------------------------------l
Gl---------------------------------------------l
Dl-----------------------5--5-----------------l
Al----6---------5-6--8-------8--6-8---------l
El-8----6---8---------------------------------l

El---------------------------------------------l
Bl---------------------------------------------l
Gl---------------------------------------------l
Dl-8-5----------------8-5--------------------l
Al------8-6---5-6--------8-6----6-----------l
El-----------8------------------8----6--------l

El---------------------------------------------l
Bl---------------------------------------------l
Gl---------------------------------------------l
Dl-----------------------5--5-----------------l
Al----6---------5-6--8-------8--8-6---------l
El-8----6---8---------------------------------l

Or you could play it one octave up, but you'll have to transpose it yourself because I'm lazy. :amuse

I don't usually write or read tabs so I don't really know how the layout usually is but I looked at your version and did something similar.
 

Zayviar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Whoa nice lot better than my verson lol, but yeah ill transpose it and repost for all you people that are too lazy to do it xDD thnx im gona play around with it cause i just found a piano music sheet so ima try my best to translate it ^^

Thnx again Organizized
-Zay
 

Meninx87

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Sry me, i know i'm very very late in this thread but i just found this forum. I had the time to write down the chords from the original song and i just wanted to share it with anyone was looking for it (as i was). Unfortunately the original version is kinda tricky since there are lots of D# chords...but at least it's the one played in the anime. I hope you could enjoy this ^^

D#
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
G# D#
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
D#
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
A# D#
Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho

D# G# D# G# D#
Binkusu no sake o, todoke ni yuku yo
G# Fm A#
Umikaze kimakaze namimakase
D# G# D# G# D#
Shio no mukou de, yuuhi mo sawagu
G# D# G# D# A# D#
Sora nya wa wo kaku, tori no uta


D# G# D# G# D#
Sayonara minato, Tsumugi no sato yo
G# Fm A#
DON to icchou utao, funade no uta
D# G# D# G# D#
Kinpa-gimpa mo shibuki ni kaete
G# D# G# D# A# D#
Oretacha yuku zo, umi no kagiri

I won't post the entire lyrics since it repeats itself for the whole song with the same chords progression...i hope you can find this helpful ^^
 
Last edited:

Ratatosk

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
234
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
As could be expected, this is really easy to play on a fiddle.. you can play chords with it, postrock or folk, fast or slow, whatever mood you're in :D not that anyone ever knows what you're playing, hehe.
 
Top