Art Claymore Volume Covers & Color Pages

Goral

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
Poland
Yeah, the pose is great but I would much prefer if it was some other Claymore on the cover (in the same pose), not necessarily someone who is in the 26th volume. Oh well...

BTW, does anyone know whether non-English official releases have these undercovers? Italian/German/Spanish/Indonesian? It would be such a waste throwing them out (as Viz did for example, I would never buy their Calymore release).

PB|Ichigo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Country
Germany
In the german version there are no undercovers, but they have at least the small pictures from the Tankoboncover in it, although just in b/w:

As of the latest 24th german Issue, there isn't the small piscture in it, guess it's because Tokyopop (the german publisher) is too close to the japanese Tanko release.

But at least the german version isn't censored as the Viz' one.

Project Spirit

Country
United States
I'm really looking forward to purchasing the next 2 volumes. Love the covers.

It's also very disappointing to hear that Viz censors things. I haven't really looked at my copies that much to notice. But I was annoyed enough already for not having undercovers. Though, I don't mind buying the volumes to support Claymore, as well as appreciate the art on the page itself rather than through a computer.
__

This new random warrior drawing makes me wish the mainland has warriors like that. They've had to fight somehow for all those years...

Evobluefox

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Country
Italy
BTW, does anyone know whether non-English official releases have these undercovers? Italian/German/Spanish/Indonesian? It would be such a waste throwing them out (as Viz did for example, I would never buy their Calymore release).
Italian releases don't have the undercovers neither unluckily :(

Bayuga

Country
Germany
In the german version there are no undercovers, but they have at least the small pictures from the Tankoboncover in it, although just in b/w:.
Miria's and Anastasia's undercovers are in volume 19 and 20.

The people from Tokyopop have said, if Shueisha does not send the undercovers, then the pictures cannot be printed. It's Shueisha's decision.

Last edited:

Number A

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Country
Dragonstone
And now for the pic on the foldy thing, the title page, and, of course, the undercovers ^_^ Sorry about the rough images, I'll upload better versions in a few days when I have access to a scanner if nobody else has.

The undercover on volume 17 is sort of metallic. Does anyone know if the other Japanese editions are like that?

Foldy-thing
Front undercover. I dig the volume 5 recap vibe ^_^
Back undercover
Title page

Update: someone else uploaded MUCH nicer pics.

Credit: http://norihiroyagi.tumblr.com

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)