Click HERE to read my awesome new thread!

thatpinktee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Hello!

Nice to meet you all! If you are wondering about my name: I love the colour pink, and my name starts with a T. I also happen to own quite a few pink tees. A play on words :hee

I also happen to love manga art, which is the reason I joined this forum. I grew up avidly watching Sailor Moon and Samurai Pizza Cats. Awesome!

I love doodling and the word doodle too :^_^ Art is like food for my soul.

Now that you know a little more about me, I have three questions for you:

1) how/why did you pick your username?

2) what animes/manga did you grow up watching/reading?

3) what is your hobby?

Hope to get to know you all of you! The more, the merrier!
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

Nice to meet you all! If you are wondering about my name: I love the colour pink, and my name starts with a T. I also happen to own quite a few pink tees. A play on words :hee

I also happen to love manga art, which is the reason I joined this forum. I grew up avidly watching Sailor Moon and Samurai Pizza Cats. Awesome!

I love doodling and the word doodle too :^_^ Art is like food for my soul.

Now that you know a little more about me, I have two questions for you:

1) how/why did you pick your username?

2) what animes/manga did you grow up watching/reading?

3) what is your hobby?

Hope to get to know you all of you! The more, the merrier!
It's a lady~~~~!
​



Hello and welcome pinktee~! :party
​

That's a cool nickname you have there. I think I only have the one pink t-shirt I've had for a few years. Not that I have anything against the colour, some guys can rock it just fine.

You know, I'd never heard of Samurai Pizza Cats until this moment; seemed like randomly put together words to me until I googled it :XD. Do you have a particular manga artist that you prefer or style?

Also do you have a site/page to showcase your work?

Ohhh questions, hmmmmm it's very rare for the thread starter to ask questions, but I'll bite.

1)It was a randomly assigned nick from an old football(soccer) video game forum many years ago. When I joined here, I couldn't think of anything better so I just kept it. I thought about changing it before but now everyone knows by that name or my real name, so there's no point.

2) I think in my youth I'd only read Saint Seiya and Dragonball. I think. Animes, oooh DB, Saint Seiya, Hokuto no Ken, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, Yuyu Hakusho, City Hunter, a lot more. Anime was very central to my tv time.

3) Hobbies would be watching tv shows and movie, gym, getting starbucks coffee with my best friend, sleeping, MH, ladies! :nod
 

thatpinktee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Hahaha, Sanjiiii! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Finding a good nickname to use is so hard these days; they're all taken so I had to use quite a bit of creativity! When I think about it, Samurai Pizza Cat did seem like a random show, cyborg and samurai cats that work at a pizza place who fight against an evil rat? Crazy lol!

I've always been a big fan of Naoko Takeuchi's work (Sailor Moon - love how flowery her art is) as well as Arina Tanemura (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne - very detailed style and mannn did I love her style). CLAMP were my heroes!!

I have a deviantart page, as well as a youtube page. Feel free to drop by and say hi :)

1 - true! best stick to a nickname people know you by!
2 - I gotta start watching the Saint Seiya anime, people keep recommending it to me. I really loved the dragonball mangas as well; the anime was less good however, I found.
3 - Starbucks is awfully addictive!! Tried kicking my caffeine addiction to the curb; not sure it's working!
Sleeping should definitely be on everybody's list of hobbies; the world would be less grumpy lol.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha, Sanjiiii! Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Finding a good nickname to use is so hard these days; they're all taken so I had to use quite a bit of creativity! When I think about it, Samurai Pizza Cat did seem like a random show, cyborg and samurai cats that work at a pizza place who fight against an evil rat? Crazy lol!

I've always been a big fan of Naoko Takeuchi's work (Sailor Moon - love how flowery her art is) as well as Arina Tanemura (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne - very detailed style and mannn did I love her style). CLAMP were my heroes!!

I have a deviantart page, as well as a youtube page. Feel free to drop by and say hi :)

1 - true! best stick to a nickname people know you by!
2 - I gotta start watching the Saint Seiya anime, people keep recommending it to me. I really loved the dragonball mangas as well; the anime was less good however, I found.
3 - Starbucks is awfully addictive!! Tried kicking my caffeine addiction to the curb; not sure it's working!
Sleeping should definitely be on everybody's list of hobbies; the world would be less grumpy lol.

No problem; I should make that a regular thing when welcoming new members :hmm

It's always a shock to me when I sign up for different sites to see that "goldb" is taken. Who could possibly want to take that from me? :notrust Well, I guess if anything then it makes you use your creativity to come up with something better then, no? :amuse. Is that the plot of the story? Sounds like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle spoof or something lol.

A touch of Takeuchi's style is quite apparent in your work; especially your "Birth of Stars" piece :nod. Though the one you're using for your avatar is a different style to some of your others found on DA. Quite adorable. I don't think I ever did read anything by clamp. Unfortunately I stuck to mostly mainstream shounen then seinen series, but also don't read a lot of mangas in general.

I've added your DA to my watchlist, so hopefully you'll have a lot more pieces to post here on MH and there too. The art section has regular contests that you are more than welcomed to take part in too.

Also saw a bit of your video on YT. Where in Europe did you visit?

Which Saint Seiya series do you want to watch? because there are few different adaptations. DB was a big part of many children who are now into mangas/anime. It served a gateway into the culture and industry. At least that case is true for me.

I wouldn't say my regular visits to Starbucks is an addiction (:eyeroll), it's only sometimes. Though I've been for the past 3 days lol. Yes, people should be less grumpy, though there are those that sleep enough for everyone :nah
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Pink and flower OVERLOAD!:sexyarf

Enthusiasm is great! Even more so because there will be a Sailor Moon reboot:x3

So my username is my almost my real name, I grew up on Sailor Moon and Saber Rider(US version obviously...such an awesome intro), and my hobbies are many, but reading is up in the list, I'm also a video game nerd, and tech nerd and dance nerd :D

Welcome to MH!!! :confetti

PS: you like cyborgs => you like cyberpunk genre?
 
Top