Shounen Code: Breaker by Akimine Kamijyo

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
By the way, did anybody notice that Heika sempai was reading a ****** magazine?
 

descendant

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
303
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
yes i've noticed it since last chapter
somehow my eyes are quick at catching those kinds of things >_>
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't worry, you're not alone... -____-;;;;;;

But man, Toki's set-back... and I loved Oogami's reaction LOL
 

Hyde

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
78
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
meh, no Edited Manga yet :/
 

Tehanu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
42
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
meh, no Edited Manga yet :/
Yeah, it's so weird.
It's like nobody noticed that chapter 18 was released =(
 

zeddin

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
51
Reaction score
106
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
the trans haven't out yet,
caesarpk c'mon man translate it
 

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry, I will do it tonight. Very busy these days...

trans Here
 
Last edited:

Tehanu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
42
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Here's a bigger version of the cover:



They look cool. I bet on the 2nd one we'll get to see Toki ^^
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Good chapters. I wonder what that newest code:breaker's power is exactly, can he take souls away? Nah, anyway it's a really strange power if you ask me...

Anyway it seems he's not under the order of a sensei like ogami is. Could it be he is there to observe his companions and intervene when necessity asks for it
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good chapters. I wonder what that newest code:breaker's power is exactly, can he take souls away? Nah, anyway it's a really strange power if you ask me...

Anyway it seems he's not under the order of a sensei like ogami is. Could it be he is there to observe his companions and intervene when necessity asks for it
Well, if you're talking about the school teacher (forgot her name), it's more like SHE follows Oogami's orders, no?
 

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, she calls Ogami her "master," and it seems that there's a subordinate for every Code: Breaker. (We never knew of the existence of Ogami's assistant till he colapsed, so it's quite likely that Heike have an assistant too.)
His power is more like putting an illusion or that sort of power with psychological effect. But that doesn't explain why the machine was cut in pieces...
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, she calls Ogami her "master," and it seems that there's a subordinate for every Code: Breaker. (We never knew of the existence of Ogami's assistant till he colapsed, so it's quite likely that Heike have an assistant too.)
His power is more like putting an illusion or that sort of power with psychological effect. But that doesn't explain why the machine was cut in pieces...
Bit cliche, but I'm speculating it to be some sort of string/wire thing with some powers imbued in it... I guess it's like Jenos' Excelion in Black Cat, if you ever read that... That could be the physical part, and well, the whole soul/mind thing could be another power that Heike has imbued in his string/wire weapon of choice?


(In case people haven't read the chapter yet, I'll hide it as a spoiler:)

Sakura... I will never understand what goes on in her head... I wonder if she'll be immune to Oogami's fire even though it's already on Haruto?
 
Last edited:

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You don't need spoiler tags. But I sorta expected her to jump on Haruto, since she's always trying to protect "life" and all that...she's wierd. And Yeah, Ogami's fire won't burn her, nor her clothings, but probably haruto...I doubt she can prevent Haruto from burnign (unless Ogami can somehow erase the fire if he wanted to
 

Stop

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
185
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If haruto lives he can be a bad ass ally
 

Sportgal1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
72
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
i think that sakura will probably be able to smother the flames. just a feelling. Than haruto will probably use her as a hostage. She's a martial arts expert, you'd think she could land one punch :P
 

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really want some twists in this story now...

This week's translation will be delayed by a day to Friday night US time, because I have tests from wednesday to friday and I have to study for them all.
 

Sportgal1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
72
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
At least we got a longer story arc. This also sets the base for future arcs with number two code breaker. I wonder if their ranked by strength, time they became a code: breaker or something else.

When i read this chapter i was just thinking how awesome it will look animated. I haven't seen any good swordfights in any mangas for a while now, then the scene where oogami's flame returns in the sunset. Is this manga really popular in Japan? is there a chane it'll get animated?
 

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like it's quite popular among the WSM series, since it always gets 20(+) pages and there are praises written on the first page (not that there isn't one in every other manga, but...)

We'll probably have to wait for...more than 20 chapters if we want this series to be animated. that's my guess. And besides, the animation sometimes ends up different for long manga like this one, so we'll have to wait for a while if we want a good anime
 
Last edited:

Harlett

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
257
Reaction score
7
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Uhm...

First [I guess]
Hi, everyone.
[A short presentation, yeah]

Next...
I have to say that Code Breaker rocks...
[At least is the first story I read from Akimine. I didn't know about him til' now... hehe]

So I'll appear here sometimes to annoy ^^


Ok...


Sakura... I will never understand what goes on in her head...
Me too...
The girl is... too strange... Foolish and stubborn, a stubborn with a good-hearted. But she has her motives [She said it before... When Ogami tried to burn her]

Sakura is a rare kind in several ways =P

And I think that her way of think and do the things will influence Ogami and the other Code Breaker's ... and the rare type of EDEN will be a huge threat
[It's a possibility, isn't it? O I'm wrong, too]



When i read this chapter i was just thinking how awesome it will look animated.
I hope for the day when this happen but is how your said... We'll have to wait for it *sigh*
Fairy Tail has more that 100 chapters and have nothing notice about it version animated...



I just read the last chapter

A wild boar and a monkey...?
Hehehe... Well... their excuses ¬¬U

The final about the adoption of Sakura only get things more interesting~
[Jojojojojo... and searching and looking between the thousand albums at the end was for nothing? However, was funny xD]

Oh... and the sad face of Toki [I love it =P]


And sadly next week there isn't chapter


And sorry for my english
 
Last edited:

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I find it curious that Nenene doesn't know that Toki is her brother yet somehow seems to recall Toki's existence as hinted by her behavior suggesting that she somehow knows that there exists someone on whom magnets stick.
 
Top