Shounen - Code: Breaker by Akimine Kamijyo | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Code: Breaker by Akimine Kamijyo

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, actually, Toki refers to his work on page 18 as part-time also, but the other translator and I both chose "assignment" for the place. It sounded better.
I would rather think that 6 is a fixed number. There was the star of david(the six-pointed star) and Ogami was standing on one of the corners. And there seem to be quite a history to CB organization too. The superior of the police chief from the last chapter mentioned them, I think. So there's a high possibility that once Ogami or Toki or Whoever dies, he or she will be replaced.

EL_manana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ogami exterminates all evil and he probably feels that all this organization he is in is evil as well, but he can do nothing but follow the orders, so I guess that is probably the reason he hates it so much. All his words back there really did look like just useless barking. And so he killed his parents. Ohhhh, i guess it is all that awful sense of guilt. Perhaps...
Oh, 19th page is so cool!!!
So everything looks really dark and exciting. Though Sakura...hmmm... She is really funny, but... even if I can believe that she is reckless/courageous enough to follow villains who burn people (she doesn't know she can't be burnt, right?)....it's still so strange that they actually let her do this. Ok, she is some rare type but I still can not understand what is the reason to take her on a missions and show her everything. Unless if she is not a potential Code Breaker or smth.... But now she feels SOOOO out of place. I need more explanation...Rrr, too many questions.
I wonder if Ogami and others are a product of a human-experiments or smth like that. Like injecting special powers. Then he can be replaced any time.

Last edited:

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
How do I know he's stronger? Well, he stopped Ogami burning punch with only one hand and even lighted up his cigarette with the latter's flame, that gives me a stronger image.

Jeffu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
new code: breaker toki seems pretty strong, i wonder what his abillity might be :D

I think the organization ranks code breakers by how loyal they are rather than power itself and we know that ogami isn't the type of guy that silently obeys someone that may be the reason he is ranked sixth.

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's ranked by joined first, they said that Ogami is the last who joined.
Moreover nobody said anything about strength/numbers.

Jeffu

Reaction score
Country
Greece
you're right i got it all wrong i apologize :)

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
You don't need to apologize lol, we all make errors.
Back on topic, I wonder what's the mission this time, if it needs 2 CB it gotta be one helluv guy this politician, Ogami could easily take 20 persons alone >.<

HARUHI_han

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
oh yeah, now I've just noticed that Toki and Ogami are going to collaborate with each other in the next mission
I also wonder why Toki lets Sakura get in the organization place. He seems very interested in her.Does he know she's a rare type too?

Brid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm... with every new chapter of this series, there are things I find to be really awesome and make me want to read more, but then there are things that I find to be completely lame and make me wonder if this is a series worth getting involved with.

The new Code: Breaker is mysterious in a good way and that scene where he nonchalantly used Ogami's fire to light his cigarette was totally intense and totally badass. On the other hand, the humor in this manga just doesn't work for me at all. It's like the series has a split personality and doesn't know what it wants to be: a slapstick comedy, or an intense, dark action series--like having Ogami confronting the Diet members or whoever, even attempting to kill them...and then sticking Sakura-Kouji outside the door with a drinking glass listening in??? WTF.

I dunno. Hopefully in the next chapter, we'll see Ogami and Toki actually teaming up so we can get a better idea of what being a Code: Breaker officially entails. And maybe Sakura-Kouji will get to do something too, instead of stalking Ogami and preaching about not killing. :P

eve-tenshi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, the atmosphere of the manga is a little confusing (with the whole misunderstanding of their "relationship" at school and then the dark fight scenes) but what annoys me more is the repetitive dialogue. Every battle it's like: Sakura=preaching and "don't kill!" and Ogami= "burn" or "an evil for an evil". Even signature phrases have a limit...

But anyways, It is sort of fishy that Fujiwara would show Ogami her eyes when Sakura didn't even see yet, but maybe it's just because she took a liking to him? On a side note, I want to know the secret about Hii-tan and Mii-tan...XD And I wonder if Sakura is immune to all the CB powers, not just Ogami's.

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
It would be cool if Toki discovered that Ogami can't burn Sakura and let it out when she's near like "so that's why you keep her alive, you just can't burn her?" or something like that, that would totally change how she acts in front of him, she'd be like superconfident.

HARUHI_han

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
uhm, things I don't like about manga of Akimine sensei is that the heroine often seems very stong or good at martial art at the beginning, but then she will be totally dominated by other male characters. I wished this time Sakura would play a more important role and have more power , not to only preach Ogami by wordsTT_TT.

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I believe she's quite strong, even at Ogami's level, she's just afraid of his power, she wouldn't dare fighting him if she can get burned down in a sec.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well I look forward to the other code:breakers. I wonder what their powers and ideals are (ogami aside, since we know some about him already). I was suprised he's part of an organization he doesn't seem to trust or doesn't seem to like - his way of talking, his behavior and then burning those dolls. So that might be interesting for the future too. Then again let's wait because kamijyo can make of a simple story a very complex one (referring to kyo) :p

HARUHI_han

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I'm expecting that too. I hope it won't end soon like Shirogane no karasu( only 17 chapters )

No_Comxxx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
uwaah...toki's power is amazing....!!!But I more interested in Ogami!!
Toki can absorb lightnin power and bend steel????which one is the real power???

Last edited:

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Toki has a lightning related power, he could have gotten the power out by absorbing the electricity and bend over the door by melting it with his lightning or atleast making it hotter so that even normal strength could get it down.

No_Comxxx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
well,,that makes sense.Its looks like his reflexes related to this power.no wonder he can move fast..

HARUHI_han

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
chapter 9 has been released, oh yeah^^
this chapter I just discovered another interesting aspect of Toki: he can lie with a straight face. Then he also knows Sakura is a rare type. Perhaps he also finds Sakura interesting to observe

EL_manana

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Chapter 10... wow, Matrix... X-men (whoa, Toki is Magneto!!!) ...so many associations...not the best though...Well, this manga is still fun. Toki and Ogami are cool-mocking each other endlessly...And I wonder when Sakura will finally be useful. I hope she will be.