Completed my manga, now what?

PlusPlusPlus

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've been working steadily for a few months on planning and designing my first manga. The problem I face now: what to do with it? I live in the US, so methods of distributing and "putting it out there" are few and far between. Is it even possible to go anywhere as an amateur in the US? While I am extremely happy to finish my first work, in retrospect, I spent so much time working on it that I didn't even think about the future! :(


Ah, I just noticed that there is an Amateur Manga forum. I apologize for this thread; if anyone can move it, I'd appreciate it.
 
Last edited:

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Tokyopop's yer best bet. They have an amateur manga contest every year I think.
 

arashi1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Age
48
Gender
Female
Country
United States
You could also publish it online to get a fan base first, and then it would be easier for a magazine to pick you up.
 

The Kaze

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
This may sound like an extreme idea but you could get someone to translate it into Japanese and maybe give Shonen Jump a try? If the manga is good enough who knows! The worst they can do is say No.

Also Tokyopop is a good route to go and will also help you build an online fanbase. The more recognition you get the better.
 

swordsman_1412

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
follow this link:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t#

you just type in the words in your manga
and rewrite it in
PS
dont forget to add sound effects in japanese as well
ur results may vary--seriously it will
it depends if ur pc has downloaded other words or not
if it hasnt
then any japanese or chinese will appear on ur screen as boxes they'll look like little boxes
or just random letters and numbers put together
 

ClaFanN1

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
190
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Starting a manga is easy...keeping up with the deadlines is way harder :p
 
Top