- Joined
- Jul 23, 2006
- Messages
- 505
- Reaction score
- 454
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Thanks again to Binky for providing great speed scans of Naruto, and Sleepyfans for getting it out the fastest. This review is a bit shorter than normal, but that will change from chap to chap as some are simply better/worse than others. Read on 
1. We open with the youth, and by youth I mean the characters we already know as opposed to some new youth, have gathered in the village, and have decided to kill Sasuke. Two thoughts came to my mind? One, it seems the Sasuke Emo Tales are finally ramping up. When even side characters get serious about killing Sasuke, you know the plot is going to advance, decisions will be made, and something will actually HAPPEN! The second was laughter. Seriously, only Neji can take on Sasuke. He was proclaimed as a genius greater than Sasuke the moment we got to see him fight. You know, when he was a kid, and all short and stuff like kids usually are. He now has his man's growth on him, and is a Jounin. So yes, I think that the Hyuuga's supreme genius have to power to defeat the Uchiha's second genius.
And yes, I know that will never happen because of Kishi's Uchiha fetish.
I could note Ino's crying, but I am not. I will not give one mention to Ino crying, or wonder why Kishi has all his female characters becoming weak in the knees now. I will not mention that it doesn't make much sense as Ino never even knew Sasuke, except from afar. None of that will be mentioned in this review.
2. Sai is still in his Dr. Phil mode. I do like the fact that he is basically blaming everyone, especially Sakura, for putting pressure on Naruto. Shikimaru shows up, and does his 'I'm explaining really simple things in a complicated manner cause I'm a genius' thing. Of course it was necessary, since Sakura is in a highly emotional (what women aren't) state of mind (women have those?)(I kid I kid
. No doubt he was thinking of that when he closed his eyes and started praying that his Shadow Jutsu could hold the freakishly strong Sakura.
3. Naruto is still in emo mode. And seriously, what else do you call rolling around on the floor looking depressed. I bet some Depeche Mode, or whatever emos listen to (i seriously know nothing about emos) and by that I mean doing nothing. Of course this is all just a ruse. I am sure in the next chapter he will be headed to the meeting, and will finally do something Narutoish. He better, because I can only see so much heartbreaking sadness until I simply stop giving a damn.
Oh, and what's the deal with him not understanding Sasuke in this chapter? Didn't he come to a conclusion after the Pain battle that he must fight with Sasuke, and understand the way his bod...mind works?'
4. It came to be, that the Heavens parted, and the ground shook with wonder. This was the day Sakura stopped crying. The resolution made, she moves forward into a world where she no longer sucks.
5. Ao has the Byakuugan? See, I told you all Kishi was going back to the basics, the facts he established early on. We haven't seen body theft since, um, when it was first introduced by Kakashi. Oh sure, there was Sasori, but thats just weird and different. There was also Orochimaru, but... Okay, maybe we've seen body theft a few times, but this is the good ole body theft your mother told you about. Since people can take the Sharigan, why can't they take the Byakuugan? It is even possible to us because the Hyuuga's bloodline is the eye itself, the the gentle fist style which can problem be learned by others. Or something like it.
Also note that we finally got a look at Uchiha Shisui. Nice. And Danzou stole his right arm? Dirty joke popped into my mind, but I will refrain. And Ao had the Byakuugan for a long time. Interesting.
I guess there is no more need for me to be suspicious about him since he was the one who figured out the fourth was under a genjutsu.
Great job Ao! Other characters in various other manga would have kept it hidden until the last possible minute, causing unknown chapters to be created as we fans waited, and waited for the revelation to come. I guess you were getting bored too you little Bloody Mist nin you.
6. Zetsu arrives, buck naked and freaky looking, in the middle of their meeting. Seriously Kishi, you got a lot of explaining to do about this guy's abilities. He's a freaking plant! He then starts the game of 'Hide and Go Seek'. Things are finally about to get really good.
3/5
Thoughts- This chapter could have definitely been better. The part with Naruto, and Sakura, and Neji could have been more interesting, or could have been scraped. That said, I can't wait to see next week's chapter. Things should be getting good.
Next week will be Naruto, and Sakura moving towards the meeting, ready to Senju and Break stuff. We'll also see the Kages lose focus on Danzou's plot while they hunt down Sasuke. Yay, finally he can do some actual work, instead of losing to the 8-Tails, or not defeating his brother. It will be good to see where Sasuke actually stands in power. Is he truly Kage strength, and can he defeat all of the Kages?
Thanks for the read :P.

1. We open with the youth, and by youth I mean the characters we already know as opposed to some new youth, have gathered in the village, and have decided to kill Sasuke. Two thoughts came to my mind? One, it seems the Sasuke Emo Tales are finally ramping up. When even side characters get serious about killing Sasuke, you know the plot is going to advance, decisions will be made, and something will actually HAPPEN! The second was laughter. Seriously, only Neji can take on Sasuke. He was proclaimed as a genius greater than Sasuke the moment we got to see him fight. You know, when he was a kid, and all short and stuff like kids usually are. He now has his man's growth on him, and is a Jounin. So yes, I think that the Hyuuga's supreme genius have to power to defeat the Uchiha's second genius.
And yes, I know that will never happen because of Kishi's Uchiha fetish.
I could note Ino's crying, but I am not. I will not give one mention to Ino crying, or wonder why Kishi has all his female characters becoming weak in the knees now. I will not mention that it doesn't make much sense as Ino never even knew Sasuke, except from afar. None of that will be mentioned in this review.
2. Sai is still in his Dr. Phil mode. I do like the fact that he is basically blaming everyone, especially Sakura, for putting pressure on Naruto. Shikimaru shows up, and does his 'I'm explaining really simple things in a complicated manner cause I'm a genius' thing. Of course it was necessary, since Sakura is in a highly emotional (what women aren't) state of mind (women have those?)(I kid I kid
. No doubt he was thinking of that when he closed his eyes and started praying that his Shadow Jutsu could hold the freakishly strong Sakura.3. Naruto is still in emo mode. And seriously, what else do you call rolling around on the floor looking depressed. I bet some Depeche Mode, or whatever emos listen to (i seriously know nothing about emos) and by that I mean doing nothing. Of course this is all just a ruse. I am sure in the next chapter he will be headed to the meeting, and will finally do something Narutoish. He better, because I can only see so much heartbreaking sadness until I simply stop giving a damn.
Oh, and what's the deal with him not understanding Sasuke in this chapter? Didn't he come to a conclusion after the Pain battle that he must fight with Sasuke, and understand the way his bod...mind works?'
4. It came to be, that the Heavens parted, and the ground shook with wonder. This was the day Sakura stopped crying. The resolution made, she moves forward into a world where she no longer sucks.
5. Ao has the Byakuugan? See, I told you all Kishi was going back to the basics, the facts he established early on. We haven't seen body theft since, um, when it was first introduced by Kakashi. Oh sure, there was Sasori, but thats just weird and different. There was also Orochimaru, but... Okay, maybe we've seen body theft a few times, but this is the good ole body theft your mother told you about. Since people can take the Sharigan, why can't they take the Byakuugan? It is even possible to us because the Hyuuga's bloodline is the eye itself, the the gentle fist style which can problem be learned by others. Or something like it.
Also note that we finally got a look at Uchiha Shisui. Nice. And Danzou stole his right arm? Dirty joke popped into my mind, but I will refrain. And Ao had the Byakuugan for a long time. Interesting.
I guess there is no more need for me to be suspicious about him since he was the one who figured out the fourth was under a genjutsu.
Great job Ao! Other characters in various other manga would have kept it hidden until the last possible minute, causing unknown chapters to be created as we fans waited, and waited for the revelation to come. I guess you were getting bored too you little Bloody Mist nin you.
6. Zetsu arrives, buck naked and freaky looking, in the middle of their meeting. Seriously Kishi, you got a lot of explaining to do about this guy's abilities. He's a freaking plant! He then starts the game of 'Hide and Go Seek'. Things are finally about to get really good.
3/5
Thoughts- This chapter could have definitely been better. The part with Naruto, and Sakura, and Neji could have been more interesting, or could have been scraped. That said, I can't wait to see next week's chapter. Things should be getting good.
Next week will be Naruto, and Sakura moving towards the meeting, ready to Senju and Break stuff. We'll also see the Kages lose focus on Danzou's plot while they hunt down Sasuke. Yay, finally he can do some actual work, instead of losing to the 8-Tails, or not defeating his brother. It will be good to see where Sasuke actually stands in power. Is he truly Kage strength, and can he defeat all of the Kages?
Thanks for the read :P.