- Joined
- Nov 16, 2009
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Is there any way in Gimp to make a custom-shapped text box?
If not, is there some other program that allows for custom-shaped text boxes? It's really freaking annoying when I have a lot of text to cram into a box, and I need to use up as much of it as possible, but the only way to get the text to fit is the make a box completely encompassing the text bubble and just manually enter spaces/carriage returns in to align the text right. It would be nice if I could define the shape of the text area manually and let the program fit the text automatically.
I know you can in Illustrator, but Illustrator has decided that it's not going to load my fonts anymore, and I really didn't like it for typesetting anyway. I'd rather not use photoshop if that's my only choise though, as for basic Editing, photoshop is like using a bulldozer to build a sandcastle.
thanks.
If not, is there some other program that allows for custom-shaped text boxes? It's really freaking annoying when I have a lot of text to cram into a box, and I need to use up as much of it as possible, but the only way to get the text to fit is the make a box completely encompassing the text bubble and just manually enter spaces/carriage returns in to align the text right. It would be nice if I could define the shape of the text area manually and let the program fit the text automatically.
I know you can in Illustrator, but Illustrator has decided that it's not going to load my fonts anymore, and I really didn't like it for typesetting anyway. I'd rather not use photoshop if that's my only choise though, as for basic Editing, photoshop is like using a bulldozer to build a sandcastle.
thanks.