Done Cut-off text

scrubb

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hey all, I'm looking for some second opinions on the following page from Kururi Kuru: Vol 01, pg 157

Context: The girl is a mermaid (whom she calls the ウィル) and the guy is a human (whom she calls the エキストラ). In an earlier chapter she explained that there used to be commerce between them, but humans eventually tried to kill mermaids because of a rumor that eating their flesh would give them the mermaids' eternally youthful form.

In the 3rd and 4th frames she starts rambling on about that story again. However, it looks like the text in the 4th frame may be cut off by the bubble because some of the grammar doesn't seem to match up if you read it straight through.

What do you guys think? Is the bubble cutting off parts of each line (because she's just rambling) or is it all visible in the bubble? I do see the partial kana at the bottom, but it's still ambiguous.
 

flunko

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
202
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hey, I don't think anything is missing in the bubble really, except for the very last line with is probably しかるべき or something like that. I think it's possibly just a badly edited manga.
「エキストラたるお前たちはそ」
「そうした導き対してもっと」
I think the そ in the first line here is the same そ from the second line, don't know why or how it got squished in there, and there's a 「に」 missing between 導き and 対して but apart from that it makes sense as one long sentence.
 
Top