Anime - D.Gray-man Anime Fansubs | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime D.Gray-man Anime Fansubs

Divine

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
So far the sub groups I know that is currently subbing D.Gray-man are SD Project, Black-Order, Toriyama World/Shinsen. I personally go for SD's version because of their speed and the video encoding is good. As for BO's release, it is good too, but SD is faster. It seems BO tuned up the video contrast for their release. I dislike SHS-TW's version because I noticed that their video was filtered and it made the video looks sharper but it is all 'grainy' and 'noised' (hope you understand what i'm trying to say). As for these fansubs' translations, I have no comments(knows no japanese).
Well, of course these are just my opinion and preference. Now, let me hear what you all have to say. Which sub groups version do you prefer?

EDIT: If you are wondering, the order of release by the sub groups, according to episode 1 is SD project, Black-Order, and Toriyama World/Shinsen.

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
i can't say i clearly will prefer one sub group for now...
just too little episodes...
but i tend to go with Vlack Order, the vid quality got higher, and with my little understanding of japanese i'd say their translations are more wordly, what is mainly one of the reason i like it...
also, you may notice a difference in the opening...
where sd subs it with 'every man on earth' black order subs it with 'it will never end' which for me somehow makes more sense....

Divine

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
ttxdragon said:
sd subs it with 'every man on earth' black order subs it with 'it will never end' which for me somehow makes more sense....
Yes, I noticed. I turned up the volume to hear it myself, and im not sure if I have any hearing problems, but I heard it sang 'every man on earth', no way it could be 'it will never end' or 'ever never end' like SHS-TW sub it. And yes, this is one of my reasons I prefer SD project. I like to point out though, episode 2 of SD's contain translations of the anime credits, which I dislike because all the words cover too much of the screen to fully enjoy the opening.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Divine said:
I heard it sang 'every man on earth', no way it could be 'it will never end' or 'ever never end'
That's interessting. The first sub was "every man on earth". I repeated this several times, but I never could hear this lines^^ ... but I'm not a native speaker, so maybe it was just me, but "end" at the end :darn sounds closer to what I think to hear.

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Divine said:
Yes, I noticed. I turned up the volume to hear it myself, and im not sure if I have any hearing problems, but I heard it sang 'every man on earth', no way it could be 'it will never end' or 'ever never end' like SHS-TW sub it. And yes, this is one of my reasons I prefer SD project. I like to point out though, episode 2 of SD's contain translations of the anime credits, which I dislike because all the words cover too much of the screen to fully enjoy the opening.
dunno about the creditsthing right now, but w/e...

for the it will never end/every an on earth...
i think it definitely is 'it will never end'...
seems like we'll have to wait for the single to come out with lyrics...
damn the japanese trying to speak english xD

Divine

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Ya, agree. Lets wait for the single then. We will never figure out what the Japanese is trying to say in English. But, if im not mistaken, the single will only be out in December, thats a long time from now :darn. But my ears still heard 'every man on Earth', maybe its because its the first translation i read and my brain just somehow make me hear that everytime i hear the opening theme. Or maybe because im an Asian :tem.

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Divine

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for confirming that, Eni.
See! Winterlion heard 'every man on earth' too. I guess asians are the only ones that are able to listen to English spoken by asian. :smile-big

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, that's true. In DNAngel there is a episode were Dark speaks a spell in German (I'm German) ... I needed to repeat it ten times to get half of what he was saying. Still don't know the whole text :amuse

As for English ... after seeing a sub I'm often surprised about the English words I couldn't hear in the raw before :eyeroll

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
eni said:
Yes, that's true. In DNAngel there is a episode were Dark speaks a spell in German (I'm German) ... I needed to repeat it ten times to get half of what he was saying. Still don't know the whole text  :amuse

As for English ... after seeing a sub I'm often surprised about the English words I couldn't hear in the raw before  :eyeroll
did you watch fate stay night?
now that was cruel too xD
i needed to laugh about the translation note made by eclipse everytime something german was spoken xD
'crude german for: [insert probably right sentence here]'

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
We need to change the topic title into "non-japanese words in japanese media" :darn

ttxdragon said:
did you watch fate stay night?
now that was cruel too xD
i needed to laugh about the translation note made by eclipse everytime something german was spoken xD
'crude german for: [insert probably right sentence here]'
No, I haven't ... still fighting with Meine Liebe (a country called "Kuchen") and Chrno Crusade (the German jewel witch and her release spellings) ... oh, and I think I heard some German in the last Bleach Fillers *think think* ... it's so funny, I love it :nuts

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
eni said:
We need to change the topic title into "non-japanese words in japanese media" :darn

No, I haven't ... still fighting with Meine Liebe (a country called "Kuchen") and Chrno Crusade (the German jewel witch and her release spellings) ... oh, and I think I heard some German in the last Bleach Fillers *think think* ... it's so funny, I love it :nuts
lol xD
i only watched the beginning of meine liebe...

but right... the bleach fillers have the words 'zeige dich' in german... and sometimes something else which i don't remember...
newest anime with german insert: Pumpkin Scissors....

anyway: i rewatched the episodes and if BlackOrder keeps up the speed i will watch only their releases... imo they are better.

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
ttxdragon said:
anyway: i rewatched the episodes and if BlackOrder keeps up the speed i will watch only their releases... imo they are better.
Can't decide yet ... we will see how the groups will do it in the next weeks.
TW will drop it when they licence it in the US, so it will be a battle between SD and BB BO :darn

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
According to WinterLion, there have been 9 different subs of the first episode... >.>
Was she correct? :o[br]Posted on: October 12, 2006, 07:41:26 PM_________________________________________________
eni said:
TW will drop it when they licence it in the US, so it will be a battle between SD and BB :darn
Perhaps ShinsenSubs will continue alone then?

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Khal said:
According to WinterLion, there have been 9 different subs of the first episode... >.>
Was she correct? :o
SD, SDv2, BO, TW/SHS XviD and TW/SHS h264. I don't know about more (English) subs.

Khal said:
Perhaps ShinsenSubs will continue alone then?
I don't know them, but they don't have any Info of DGM at their page. Not even the latest release last time I checked there. We will see if all groups continue this series.

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
ok,
here is all i could find on Tokyotosho on subs for D.Gray-man:

Episode One:

English
SD-Project || Website
SD-Project v.2 - Karaoke Update

Black Order || Website
Black Order v2 incl ED Karaoke h.264 || Xvid

Shinsen-Subs and Toriyama World - Xvid ||  H.264 || Shinsen Website || Toriyama Website

French
Kilo no Fansub || Website

D.Gray-man_01.torrent]Maximangas-Fansub || Website

Bakuretsu Subs 1440x810 h.264 || 720x404 XviD || Website

Spanish
Otaku Universe || Website

Brazil
Aya Fansubber: #aya@irc.rizon.net -- no additional information

Episode Two:

English
SD-Project || Website
SD-Project v2 - New Karaoke

Black Order || Website
Black Order Xvid v.2 || h.264 v2

French
Bakuretsu 1440x810 h.264 || Website

Chinese
X2 subs - rmvb || No website given

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh, no German group? :blink

I thought I'd read a announcement a while ago on german-fansubs.de.

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
eni said:
Oh, no German group? :blink

I thought I'd read a announcement a while ago on german-fansubs.de.
dunno, anidb doesn't list any german group....
usually german fansubs puts their series into that too....
i'm not fond of german subs anyway....[br]Posted on: October 12, 2006, 01:02:13 PM_________________________________________________sry for double post,
but there is a new release out:
Black Order ep01v2 incl ED Karaoke h.264 || Xvid

Divine

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
ttxdragon said:
i'm not fond of german subs anyway....
Err....Why?

Thanks for compiling a list of subs for d.gray-man.

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Divine said:
Err....Why?

Thanks for compiling a list of subs for d.gray-man.
no problem ^^

as for why: i don't like german in general, so i don't really like german subs... because the wording most of the time sounds awkward...[br]Posted on: October 13, 2006, 03:52:08 AM_________________________________________________again a doublepost xD

sd release v2s for both episodes...

and black order released v2 for ep2, with the correct names from the manga now...
see the first post on this page for the links ^^

edit:
i will update the following thread from now on:
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9009.0

so no updates in the post above anymore ^^