Shounen Dandadan by Tatsu, Yukinobu

Favorite Characters (5 Picks)

  • Momo Ayase

  • Ken Takakura "Okarun"

  • Seiko Ayase

  • Aira Shiratori

  • Jiji Enjoji

  • Turbo Granny

  • Evileye

  • Vamola

  • Kinta Sakata

  • Rokuro

  • Ms. Banga

  • Unji Zuma

  • Bega the Demon, Officer

  • Peeny-Weeny

  • Acro Silky

  • Reiko Kashima

  • Rin Sawaki

  • St. Germain

  • Mai Kawabanga

  • Manjiro

  • Taro

  • Chiquitita


Results are only viewable after voting.

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dandadan


​
Author: Tatsu, Yukinobu
Genre: Comedy, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Shounen, Supernatural
Serialization: Shounen Jump +

Synopsis: Ken Takakura, a boy who is an occult fanatic who doesn't believe in ghosts, and Momo Ayase, a girl who doesn't believe in aliens, encounter overwhelming strangeness that transcends their mutual understanding...! An occult coming-of-age story!
(Source: MAL)
 
Last edited:

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Started this and holy shit, it's bonkers. Great art, action, comedy, and of course Ayase :love.

Tatsu Yukinobu is a former assistant to Tatsuki Fujimoto, and I can definitely see the influence.

@Gladiolus @Hermit @Belserion @Karnak @Shadowlord123 wanna give this look.

Chapters (6 so far) will appear in Mangaplus/Viz by August/September
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also @Gajeel (for lurking purposes)
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just read chapter 1. Thanks for ruining bananas for me :lmao It's an interesting set up. I'll keep following to see how it develops.
Bananas? I don't recall, was your memory not erased 🤣
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Started this and holy shit, it's bonkers. Great art, action, comedy, and of course Ayase :love.

Tatsu Yukinobu is a former assistant to Tatsuki Fujimoto, and I can definitely see the influence.

@Gladiolus @Hermit @Belserion @Karnak @Shadowlord123 wanna give this look.

Chapters (6 so far) will appear in Mangaplus/Viz by August/September
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also @Gajeel (for lurking purposes)
I'll definitely give it a look. I was looking for a series to read so thanks for the recommendation! :verily

I'll probably post something regarding my thoughts when I'm up to date.
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Well, I read the 6 chapters available after my friend @BD_Beno recommended it to me. Quite an... interesting series. Feels like a combination of Chainsaw Man and Mob Psycho 100. The art is pretty great and the character design looks good (Ayase is cute and her grandma is hot lol). Also, the artist managed to make a power up involving a nerd turning into an old hag look incredibly badass, not many are able to pull that well. I think the Turbo-Granny will stick even after this arc is done and is going to become the typical "dark entity that powers up the main character", cause honestly her fusion with Okarun looks too important to be a throw away design.

And about the comedy... I have no words about it after reading the first chapter lol. I just hope this series isn't axed, cause so far it looks solid.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ayy, this is a fun little series.
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
On the 1st page, the guy leading the mob looks like Ogi Zenin haha. I love the trash talk, "shitheel" 🤣 and Ayase continues to get the job done.

Btw chap 6, was that Isayama's onsen? :fan
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Man, I've read all the 7 chapters and this series is so fun. A good balance between comedy, action and charismatic characters. Despite the overwhelming comedy, it still manages to maintain a certain sense of threat and suspense. I'd even argue it has the potential to cure depressions :XD
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Well, the trick to get rid of the crab spirit + the Turbo Granny by using the train to travel to the next city was pretty clever. I like this female main character.
I guess next chapter will mark the end of this arc. I feel we'll get stuff about aliens next.
 

Karnak

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
411
Reaction score
637
Country
Dragonstone
Started this and holy shit, it's bonkers. Great art, action, comedy, and of course Ayase :love.

Tatsu Yukinobu is a former assistant to Tatsuki Fujimoto, and I can definitely see the influence.

@Gladiolus @Hermit @Belserion @Karnak @Shadowlord123 wanna give this look.

Chapters (6 so far) will appear in Mangaplus/Viz by August/September
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also @Gajeel (for lurking purposes)
WHOA!!! This series is..... bananas! :cookiearf

It's so crazy and is definitely up my alley lol! Thanks for the suggestion! I hope this series will become popular! :headbang
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 8

Nice conclusion and RIP Turbo Granny. I didn't expect that reveal about her, she was a real one for sure. She may be gone, but Okarun still got them wheels, outrunning Chad Granny lol. And the last page was pretty cute, I'm all for their next adventure.

Oh and for anyone curious, here's the real Ken Takakura:
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Didn't expect Turbo Granny to be gone for real, nor that she would have a sympathetic side after her portrayal through the manga. I still have the feeling Okarun will retain the Turbo Granny power in one way or another. Anyway, the first arc is done, and the ending was so sweet. The shoudler bump of Ayase to Okarun was cute <3

Also, Okarun is sure a hit with older ladies. He got two of them wanting his dick lol.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I wonder for how long this series will run. There seems to be some potential in the mediums and the evil spirits. Gods were mentioned as well at some point. Each one of them is apparently in charge of a zone.

Anyways, a nice conclusion to the turbo-granny arc. As always, humour is never scarce in any chapter :XD
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Did it take a whole ass day (or half a day) for him to realise he had no balls?

 
Top