- Joined
- Jan 30, 2009
- Messages
- 3,138
- Reaction score
- 1,583
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Dantalian no Shoka
English: The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Synonyms: Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian, Dantalian's Bookshelf
Japanese: ダンタリアンの書架
Synopsis: Hugh Anthony Disward inherits an old mansion and a personal library from his grandfather. In the basement of the mansion, he meets a mysterious girl, Dalian. She is a Dantalian and a gateway to "Dantalian's bookshelf", which stores the prohibited books of the demons.
"Gensho (Illusory Books)", the prohibited books, endanger the balance of the world, but people are fascinated by the taboo. Hugh and Dalian solve the cases involving Gensho with their ability to access the Dantalian bookshelf.
Source: MAL
Number of episodes: 13
Producers: Gainax
Genre: Fantasy
Japanese Cast:
Japanese Staff:
Source: ANN
Episode 1
Being a fantasy anime, I don't expect it to be realistic yet I was nitpicking at some parts because it wasn't logical. But it is fantasy, afterall.
I wasn't particularly looking forward to this anime or anything. I just found it, watch it and(never though I will) like the first episode.
This series gives off the gosick vibes and even the female character looks quite similar to victorique(but I wouldn't say completely, she's very different). But the main character is no Kujo.
Of course, I wasn't expecting much when I went in but I was surprised by the ideas. Like monsters coming out from the books and using books to "fight", that is interesting.
When I say it's similar to gosick, I also found out while watching that it is rather different.
First, this anime seems to be really dark and second, it looks like alot of fantasy elements will come into play in the later parts of the story.
According to the summary, there will be mystery but I'm not sure what
I don't really expect much from this anime and may drop it but I will still watch the next episode.
By the way..the ending song creeped me out.
English: The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Synonyms: Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian, Dantalian's Bookshelf
Japanese: ダンタリアンの書架
Synopsis: Hugh Anthony Disward inherits an old mansion and a personal library from his grandfather. In the basement of the mansion, he meets a mysterious girl, Dalian. She is a Dantalian and a gateway to "Dantalian's bookshelf", which stores the prohibited books of the demons.
"Gensho (Illusory Books)", the prohibited books, endanger the balance of the world, but people are fascinated by the taboo. Hugh and Dalian solve the cases involving Gensho with their ability to access the Dantalian bookshelf.
Source: MAL
Number of episodes: 13
Producers: Gainax
Genre: Fantasy
Japanese Cast:
Daisuke Ono as Huey
Miyuki Sawashiro as Dalian
Miyuki Sawashiro as Dalian
Japanese Staff:
Director: Yutaka Uemura
Script:
Kurasumi Sunayama
Tatsuhiko Urahata
Storyboard:
Hiroaki Tomita
Katsuichi Nakayama
Masahiko Murata
Shin Itagaki
Episode Director:
Hiroaki Tomita
Masahiko Murata
Shota Ibata (ep 2)
Yuuichi Nakasawa
Music: Yo Tsuji
Original creator: Gakuto Mikumo
Original Character Design: G Yusuke
Character Design: Sumie Kinoshita
Art Director: Hiroyuki Yamaga
Animation Director:
Kazuhiro Takamura
Masahito Onoda
Mayumi Oda
Sumie Kinoshita
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Script:
Kurasumi Sunayama
Tatsuhiko Urahata
Storyboard:
Hiroaki Tomita
Katsuichi Nakayama
Masahiko Murata
Shin Itagaki
Episode Director:
Hiroaki Tomita
Masahiko Murata
Shota Ibata (ep 2)
Yuuichi Nakasawa
Music: Yo Tsuji
Original creator: Gakuto Mikumo
Original Character Design: G Yusuke
Character Design: Sumie Kinoshita
Art Director: Hiroyuki Yamaga
Animation Director:
Kazuhiro Takamura
Masahito Onoda
Mayumi Oda
Sumie Kinoshita
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Source: ANN
Episode 1
Being a fantasy anime, I don't expect it to be realistic yet I was nitpicking at some parts because it wasn't logical. But it is fantasy, afterall.
I wasn't particularly looking forward to this anime or anything. I just found it, watch it and(never though I will) like the first episode.
This series gives off the gosick vibes and even the female character looks quite similar to victorique(but I wouldn't say completely, she's very different). But the main character is no Kujo.
Of course, I wasn't expecting much when I went in but I was surprised by the ideas. Like monsters coming out from the books and using books to "fight", that is interesting.
When I say it's similar to gosick, I also found out while watching that it is rather different.
First, this anime seems to be really dark and second, it looks like alot of fantasy elements will come into play in the later parts of the story.
According to the summary, there will be mystery but I'm not sure what

I don't really expect much from this anime and may drop it but I will still watch the next episode.
By the way..the ending song creeped me out.
Last edited: