Death in ToG (ver. y u no ded?)

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Nobodies die all the time. The redshirts if you will. Even still, we have losers like Canzon's daughter and others that survive what should be fatal trauma.

But it is a rare event for an important death. Many were/are expecting to see Jinsung killed off. EVK has side-stepped death more than reasonable.

Who is the most eventful protag death so far? Are there any really? Even the old regulars like Prince dying off have had essentially no effect on the story.

What about antag deaths that were meaningful?

Who SHOULD have died, but didn't? Who do you think will certainly die sooner or later? Who would you like to see die?

Why do other shounens have even higher kill counts when ToG is full of darker themes than many of them? Is SIU shying away from killing off anyone from his ever-expanding roster due to avoidance of upset fans?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,715
Reaction score
61,434
Gender
Male
Country
France
I still want Jinsung to die. Maybe Aria should have died too, I don't see what she brings at all.

Among antagonists we got Reflejo? Prince and Akraptor are good deaths IMO, especially because one is Rachel's first kill, plus it helped to motivate Wangnan and Miseng. Many didn't like Prince but Akraptor was the only really popular SnS member besides Wangnan and Yihwa.

Akraptor's death is going to affect the developments with Wangnan-Rachel and his daughter.
 

Ignorant

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 11, 2018
Messages
6,586
Reaction score
9,632
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
First i wanna say this
A lot of people have to die in the nest for sake of SIU credibility, im sure we don’t going to see any new character with the same hype ANYMORE.

SIU make us believe this arc was the evolution of baam in term of Maturity, it doesnt matter if you have a destructive power if you used it to forgive the same people killed you companions without compassion.

Base of this arc:

the start of a War in the whole tower.
Baam Dark change (never happened)
Baams grow
Showed us FH and top 100 power

nothing of this happen at the end..

ok im here with the list:

•JH need to die ( for SIU credibility )
•At least of one baam regular friend ( for the fans )
•Sola ( not appear again is irrelevant sis dead )
•Canhon ( probably never appear again )
•Jordan ( blind when his position is shooter )
•The dogkin with the mask team Paul ( lose one arm, the arm he can transform)
•paul (SIU abandoned him)
•Yasratcha (yama third fang)
•Cheonhee (one of the most annoying character IMO)
•all the rankers from The old 4Th CC army
•Kallavan ( too much disrespect to the main character)
• white with all his siblings.
 

big094

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2019
Messages
219
Reaction score
244
Country
Jamaica
As much as i like evankhell and jinsing, one of them definitely should have died this arc. With jinsung being in close proximity to traumerei its highly likely that bam is going to give in to save his master, so he will likely live. I do wonder if SIU is going to play into traumerei being supposedly aggrieved by the death of his first son at the hands of the hidden grieve (cha et el). If he does, traum should kill cha on sight.

Back on track

one of the baylord brothers definitely should have died as well, doom being the best candidate especially since he has been nerfed heavily since his initial hype.

a few of the regulars (who should never have been here shoud have died), but i suppose their story arcs havent finished yet.
lefav- openly treasonous for scores of chapters now. I suppose treason grants a longer life in this manhwa
Uub- i dont forsee him having any future relevance. Lyborick who may or may not be treasonous himself has stated that his division will be alligned with the rising stars of the lo po bia (this wont end well), two of which are currently incarcerated. The army really took a major L in this comedic war lol. So im not sure where this leaves uub, will he remember he still needs to reabsorb aria? Is aria going to pal around with these regulars forever?
Kallavan- im a big fan of his, but what now? With all of bams powerups, kallavan shouldnt be a threat to him. Would be interesting to see his state of mind now, having witnessed rei’s ‘onslaught’ and yasratchas open rebellion. Does he just go back to being a zahard dick rider? Or will his views have more perspective now.
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
To address this obliquely: who will Wangnan try to kill, will he succeed (guessing: no!)?

Overall I'd say 50% odds SIU is afraid of alienating fans and 50% tl;dr SIU is maintaining a lower death count in order to make it "less obvious" who is a long-term character and who isn't. To be clear, I don't think he's doing that second thing very effectively, but that's part of what I think he's thinking ("if I keep killing off minor characters it'll make it easier to tell who will never die...so let's just let everyone survive").
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
To address this obliquely: who will Wangnan try to kill, will he succeed (guessing: no!)?
I sure hope so. Can't tell if it is pro or anti-Zahard. It's from the red demon monster, right?
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
I sure hope so. Can't tell if it is pro or anti-Zahard. It's from the red demon monster, right?
The sword was made of red demon material. The way I remember it the dialogue was a voice over with paneling implying Zahard speaking, but I think technically it would have to be the red monster thing conversing with Wangnan.

In any case it seemed to strongly imply Wangnan was being gifted great power in exchange for one day doing a favor for...whoever. I wish I had confidence in SIU that Wangnan will do the deed when the time comes, but I don't—I expect an ineffective, pulled-punch stab.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
The sword was made of red demon material.
Interesting. So was my ex.

The way I remember it the dialogue was a voice over with paneling implying Zahard speaking, but I think technically it would have to be the red monster thing conversing with Wangnan.
Unless the red demon now controls Zahard's mind? Then maybe it would have the same goals on data floor as current Zahard?
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
Unless the red demon now controls Zahard's mind? Then maybe it would have the same goals on data floor as current Zahard?
I don't like it, honestly, but controlling/corrupting seems like something SIU might've had in mind for the story: IIRC Data Eduan seems sincerely puzzled by what he's hearing about how he and the other great warriors are behaving in the outside world, White's whole story is "a demon talked to me and told me how to get strong," and Baam has at least one demon hanging out inside him already.

In any case, I could see Zahard and the red demon being distinct entities with distinct goals (and at cross-purposes from each other). I still think the scene is written to suggest it's Zahard gifting that sword, but now that you've asked the question I can't feel confident that that framing isn't just a fake-out.
 

sazon

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
5,318
Reaction score
12,851
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I still haven't gotten over Inieta's death ok?

I can spend hours on here talking about how much SIU threw in the trash someone with a cool look that looked like D. Gray-Man's Noahs just to make these anemic whites of the White brothers
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
just to make these anemic whites of the White brothers
This sounds vaguely racist, so I'm going to need you to tone it down a bit.
 
Top