- Joined
- Apr 12, 2007
- Messages
- 1,118
- Reaction score
- 1,447
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
Wow! First post here in a long while!
Here's a question giving me a really hard time.
オチ is typically the end of something, or more commonly the punchline, right?
Well, I've seen its use in what feels to be a strange way.
It comes from monster hunter orage, the omakes in specific.
The author of the section describes himself as "2オチのカリスマ” when talking about his role in the team.
Further, in this week's first strip, the comic is entitled "3オチ" and he tells a rakugo style 3-liner joke. but then at the end his boss says "うまいこといったても3オチした責任は逃れられんぞ!”
Lastly, the final strip. The author describes himself as using a character in the game that has the ability to revive on a fatal hit. The boss concludes the strip with:
"でも本来そのスキルが発動してなきゃ・・・10オチってことだよな”
lots of ochi. to top it off, the tagline for the month finishes:
"2オチのカリスマ”どころか、”10オチのカリスマ”とは!成長してますな!
So...how do you recommend this be translated?? I'm baffled. Even if I try to take it as a punchline, i can't make sense of the tagline at the end.
Here's a question giving me a really hard time.
オチ is typically the end of something, or more commonly the punchline, right?
Well, I've seen its use in what feels to be a strange way.
It comes from monster hunter orage, the omakes in specific.
The author of the section describes himself as "2オチのカリスマ” when talking about his role in the team.
Further, in this week's first strip, the comic is entitled "3オチ" and he tells a rakugo style 3-liner joke. but then at the end his boss says "うまいこといったても3オチした責任は逃れられんぞ!”
Lastly, the final strip. The author describes himself as using a character in the game that has the ability to revive on a fatal hit. The boss concludes the strip with:
"でも本来そのスキルが発動してなきゃ・・・10オチってことだよな”
lots of ochi. to top it off, the tagline for the month finishes:
"2オチのカリスマ”どころか、”10オチのカリスマ”とは!成長してますな!
So...how do you recommend this be translated?? I'm baffled. Even if I try to take it as a punchline, i can't make sense of the tagline at the end.