Question - Demon King respresentative and Demon King still having his power? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Demon King respresentative and Demon King still having his power?

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was something that occurred to me today. But how did the Demon King curse Meliodas if he had given his power to zeldris? I can understand taking it back and then killing Meliodas, but Zeldris still has it so why did the demon king give it back?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
God is Zeldris's Magic. He doesn't need his father's approval. Both the DK and Zeldris must share the same Magic, there are other cases. I don't get why people think it would make sense for Zeldris to depend on his father's power this much.

Piety

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
DK powers can be multiple things. We seen Zeldris take away the commandments from Glox and Dolor. That is a high chance it was the DK power he used. In the flashback with 10C vs 4 Archangles, we seen him seal Dolor's magic and he said himself it was the DK Magic.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
God is Zeldris's Magic. He doesn't need his father's approval. Both the DK and Zeldris must share the same Magic, there are other cases. I don't get why people think it would make sense for Zeldris to depend on his father's power this much.
So you saying you think Zeldris and the Demon King have the same inborn power and what the DK actually lent was just raw power? (I like this idea and was my theory as well) But I asked this wondering how the demon king wielded enough power to curse Meliodas after loaning so munch to Zeldris?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
DK powers can be multiple things. We seen Zeldris take away the commandments from Glox and Dolor. That is a high chance it was the DK power he used. In the flashback with 10C vs 4 Archangles, we seen him seal Dolor's magic and he said himself it was the DK Magic.
But how did he curse Mel with his power given to Zeldris? The phrasing sounded like it was the full package and not just a few of the DK abilities.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So you saying you think Zeldris and the Demon King have the same inborn power and what the DK actually lent was just raw power? (I like this idea and was my theory as well) But I asked this wondering how the demon king wielded enough power to curse Meliodas after loaning so munch to Zeldris?

But how did he curse Mel with his power given to Zeldris? The phrasing sounded like it was the full package and not just a few of the DK abilities.
He didn't lend it to him. Zeldris can use his abilities thanks to his Magic, and this magic is his own.

Son Detective Asurei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He didn't lend it to him. Zeldris can use his abilities thanks to his Magic, and this magic is his own.
Yup.

It's like Zeldris is connected to his father's magic, and has the ability to use to its fullest while the Demon King possessing his full power at the same time.

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
You keep asserting that without having any solid proof. Nakaba said it almost 3 times in the Manga (through Zeldris, Melascula, and Meliodas respectively) waaay after the fanbook where "god" was attributed to Zel. The words of Meliodas are clear enough to end the discussion over this topic and it does not need any interpretation:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
We don't really know how exactly zeldris' demon king powers work. But to me it kinda looked like zeldris was more like a proxy than someone to whom the demon king just gave the entirety of his powers to. If he is just channeling the powers then the demon king himself would get to keep his power while zeldris uses it. If zeldris had the entirety of the demon king's powers then you'd think giving the power back would be more or less optional for zeldris and would put the demon king himself in jeopardy.

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Seems like Zeldris can have that big mark only when he gathers a lot of his borrowed power from DK, and just momentarily. Unlike Meliodas, who seems to have it by default, which make me believe that it is actually the mark of the "rightful" king of the Demon race.